Level 3

Laggouts

Post by sentenal » November 9th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Gonna be solved anytime soon?

Optimal
Level 8

Re: Laggouts

Post by Optimal » November 9th, 2010, 10:34 pm

I got a small theory for you sent. or well atleast something to think about.

With now more people then ever using programs to add a lil bit of extra ploss, lag itself at it average is higher then normal. With the majority of players online on sunday and also packed in arenas lag also goes up significantly.
Combine these 2 togheter, and offcourse you already know the outcome.

I myself do not use programs, Tho i've been shown multiple times. I also have seen an increase in my lag due to these induced lag exploits, but i havent lagged out yet.

Offcourse im not saying everyone is forcing to be unfair, but people like to add some lag to just make a slight diffrence.

What can we do about this.

maybe not for this egfl, But after we could set lag limits for regions. Like people in the netherlands mostly all have the same lag, and thus we require a lower limit then people from China. Spikes can occur but thats is a different statistic. IMO that would work best against inducers.

Like most games, when you play it, u dont have anything else on, but music, no need for explorers and limewire or torrent programs wich can cause spikes and higher lag. making the zone more controlled on lag will be more nice.

I for one do not care much, i come from a 3 hit kill zone, if i get some1 in 2 shots here im happy enough. but here i always see eats this eats that, forcer this forcer that, and its fun to gang along with it, but its not rly my concern.
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

H0ST
Level 4

Post by H0ST » November 10th, 2010, 12:48 am

anyway for smoki subject

can't bot keep a log file of player's lag and determine a standard avg for each specific player?

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » November 10th, 2010, 2:33 am

the cheaters are seriously sad bunch of faggots, cannot even compete in a dying game.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

sentenal
Level 3

Post by sentenal » November 10th, 2010, 2:53 am

Well if the lag isn't fixed for this EGFL there's bound to be some big problems down the road.

Unlimited
Level 4

Post by Unlimited » November 10th, 2010, 2:14 pm

agreed this lag is getting out of hand. best thing to do is what h0st said, make it so bot has record of a players' average lag, obviously will spec if it is higher than what that players' lag usually is. So that people don't cheat with bot and force every single time knowing bot is tracking their lag, suggest you implement this plugin for bot the first 1-2 months without players knowing, so that they don't try to fuck with their av. lag in any way
Colonel Lag> 275 consecutive kills? I'm lucky to get 2 consecutive kills!

konii
Level 3

Post by konii » November 10th, 2010, 6:41 pm

please be considerate about this 'force bot' people like apex can't afford to live where there is dsl or cable >:

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » November 10th, 2010, 8:37 pm

Azela wrote:I don't think Sent was referring to forcing, rather to the increased server lag we've been experiencing lately, or maybe I'm wrong? Anyway, the forcing issue is hard to deal with, how can you determine that someone is PURPOSEFULLY inducing lag? Even if their lag is higher than normal, it's not proof of intention.

Server lag can't be fixed by any zone staff I don't think, so don't expect anything.

yes azela, but as a server has to maintain more lag it will need to work harder, if people induce their lag on top of that then that is even more work for the server. so despite that its unfair to induce lag, wich i dont rly care about, i mean eat some shots, make me try harder :) but its also bad for the server in general, wich is what most people wont realise or care about.
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

king
Level 7

Post by king » November 10th, 2010, 9:45 pm

Optimal wrote:
Azela wrote:I don't think Sent was referring to forcing, rather to the increased server lag we've been experiencing lately, or maybe I'm wrong? Anyway, the forcing issue is hard to deal with, how can you determine that someone is PURPOSEFULLY inducing lag? Even if their lag is higher than normal, it's not proof of intention.

Server lag can't be fixed by any zone staff I don't think, so don't expect anything.

yes azela, but as a server has to maintain more lag it will need to work harder, if people induce their lag on top of that then that is even more work for the server. so despite that its unfair to induce lag, wich i dont rly care about, i mean eat some shots, make me try harder :) but its also bad for the server in general, wich is what most people wont realise or care about.
that's... not really how it works. rofl
2:ISR> i once cried because of ss
2:ISR> when imp dissolved

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » November 11th, 2010, 8:33 am

But it does have impact, its like a car engine, if u get the point.
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

AH dealer
Level 4

Post by AH dealer » November 11th, 2010, 9:04 am

I'm getting wierd lag and random disconnections in EG, but if I go to HOCKEY ZONE I don't have that problem for some reason..? How come?
Nao

sly
Level 2

Post by sly » November 12th, 2010, 5:45 pm

Optimal wrote:But it does have impact, its like a car engine, if u get the point.
no

dbzsbestfighter
Level 3

Post by dbzsbestfighter » November 13th, 2010, 3:45 am

sly wrote:
Optimal wrote:But it does have impact, its like a car engine, if u get the point.
no
^
lol, definitely not how it works : / lots of traffic is getting directed through hopone servers lately. Even people that aren't normally directed thru that hop (US players including me), and as we all know they have huge packet-loss spikes randomly through out the day...

apex^_^
Level 3

Post by apex^_^ » November 13th, 2010, 10:44 am

for egfl matches, lock the arena 15 minutes before and only allow squads in, big arena's= more data to process= unstable for people. i think this is the best option, i could not even dl the map in main pub arena with 70 people in it, just kept getting stuck at 2% but my circumstance is dif. i think locking egfl arenas and only allowing squads in will make it less likely to dc and lower pl/spc etc.

Sann
Level 4

Post by Sann » November 17th, 2010, 8:34 pm

apex^_^ wrote:for egfl matches, lock the arena 15 minutes before and only allow squads in, big arena's= more data to process= unstable for people. i think this is the best option, i could not even dl the map in main pub arena with 70 people in it, just kept getting stuck at 2% but my circumstance is dif. i think locking egfl arenas and only allowing squads in will make it less likely to dc and lower pl/spc etc.

And you will get like massive ?help WHY IS EGFL# LOCKED? WHEN IS EGFL GONNA UNLOCK? WTF WHY WOULDN'T YOU LET PEOPLE WATCH? WOW WAY TO KILL EG YOU [email protected]#!$_!^^^#@% STAFF! NO WONDER EG IS DYING BECAUSE YOU [email protected]#$% DONT LET PLAYERS @!#!# [email protected]#%$^ ^$%[email protected]$. UNLOCK [email protected]$##%^&*^% LET ME IN! WTF ARE YOU GUYS DOING! STOP BEING A NAZI [email protected]#$%^*(*&^%$#

etc etc, as if those ?help calls don't exist already. :[
Extreme Games love child~~ ^^v
PROUD TO BE A PART OF RisinBlooD, Apple, Lime, Blood!
(Made by Genova/Genny)

You can only choose one:
[X] Being a dinosaur
[ ] Emma Watson naked in your bed
[ ] Unlimited stock of beer
[ ] Seeing the future

apex^_^
Level 3

Post by apex^_^ » November 20th, 2010, 12:02 am

Sann wrote:
apex^_^ wrote:for egfl matches, lock the arena 15 minutes before and only allow squads in, big arena's= more data to process= unstable for people. i think this is the best option, i could not even dl the map in main pub arena with 70 people in it, just kept getting stuck at 2% but my circumstance is dif. i think locking egfl arenas and only allowing squads in will make it less likely to dc and lower pl/spc etc.

And you will get like massive ?help WHY IS EGFL# LOCKED? WHEN IS EGFL GONNA UNLOCK? WTF WHY WOULDN'T YOU LET PEOPLE WATCH? WOW WAY TO KILL EG YOU [email protected]#!$_!^^^#@% STAFF! NO WONDER EG IS DYING BECAUSE YOU [email protected]#$% DONT LET PLAYERS @!#!# [email protected]#%$^ ^$%[email protected]$. UNLOCK [email protected]$##%^&*^% LET ME IN! WTF ARE YOU GUYS DOING! STOP BEING A NAZI [email protected]#$%^*(*&^%$#

etc etc, as if those ?help calls don't exist already. :[
then it should not matter, post it in the news for sunday when u first log into zone, thats why there is the abuse help rule? enforce it? rofl where has the backbone gone.

Zeker
Level 8

Post by Zeker » November 20th, 2010, 1:46 am

this lag is getting kind of annoying tbh

my lag doubled (90ms to 180) and i can't play any passive positions without getting plowed due to my own lag

Fletch
Level 6

Post by Fletch » November 20th, 2010, 7:30 am

"Gout is a medical condition usually characterized by recurrent attacks of acute inflammatory arthritis—a red, tender, hot, swollen joint."

Sounds horrible. I wouldn't wish a lagging gout even to my worst enemies.
I hope you get better sent
•●●₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪●●•

Julia
Level 6

Post by Julia » November 20th, 2010, 8:26 pm

Unlimited wrote:agreed this lag is getting out of hand. best thing to do is what h0st said, make it so bot has record of a players' average lag, obviously will spec if it is higher than what that players' lag usually is. So that people don't cheat with bot and force every single time knowing bot is tracking their lag, suggest you implement this plugin for bot the first 1-2 months without players knowing, so that they don't try to fuck with their av. lag in any way
You're still rewarding laggers either way. This doesn't prevent people who normally force anyway from forcing.

TheDruid-3X3
Level 5

Post by TheDruid-3X3 » February 15th, 2012, 10:05 pm

Earlier today, I had one of the worst Laggouts of all time!

I was Defending in a Base Battle and we needed Six Flags to with and the Enemy Flag Carrier was Anchoring the Attack on our Base. That Enemy Flag Carrier was Carrying Six.

I got a Green and that got me a Thor, so I aimed at the Enemy Flag Carrier and got a Direct Hit. I had the Last Six Flags and the Music began to Play.

For Split Second, I had the last 6 Flags!!!

Then suddenly, I got Lagged Out!!!

One of the worst times to Lag Out!!!

I got so Pissed Off that I Swore my Head Off in Open Forum!

3X3
Humanity may have Evolved
Enough Intelligence to Split the Atom
But the Average Ordinary Human
Has the Same Average Ordinary Amount of Wisdom
To Choose Right from Wrong
As the Average Ordinary Baboon

TheDruid-3X3
Level 5

Post by TheDruid-3X3 » February 16th, 2012, 1:26 pm

sentenal wrote:Gonna be solved anytime soon?

I guess not.

I logged on this morning and didn't last much more than a couple of minutes before I got Specced For Lag Again.

3X3
Humanity may have Evolved
Enough Intelligence to Split the Atom
But the Average Ordinary Human
Has the Same Average Ordinary Amount of Wisdom
To Choose Right from Wrong
As the Average Ordinary Baboon

Karth
Level 4

Post by Karth » February 19th, 2012, 4:01 am

TheDruid-3X3 wrote:
sentenal wrote:Gonna be solved anytime soon?

I guess not.

I logged on this morning and didn't last much more than a couple of minutes before I got Specced For Lag Again.

3X3
Sentenal will be relieved to know your thoughts on this.

prozaker
Level 5

Post by prozaker » February 19th, 2012, 3:36 pm

people are trying to create solutions for the wrong problem.

the main problem is distance and routing between network nodes.

here's a good faq on how to troubleshoot lag and pl problems if they problem is on your side: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/ent ... y-and-ping

FACTS:
1. you cant change how your packets route to the server. if its hopone lag, its hopone, it is out of the control of your ISP. Hopone is a backbone provider, not an internet service provider. The only thing you can do about dropped packets or lag in one of your tracert tests after the first 2 hops is to KNOW where the problem is.

2. No one can tell if someone is inducing lag or not. Lag is always present, be 10ms or 100ms. There's no way and how the server can now if someone is inducing lag or not. If there's a router issue somewhere in the world and the traffic gets rerouted to a new router that has more lag than the other, you will have more lag. It can happen without warning and without an estimated time of resolution, it might be forever, it might be for the next 10 mins. Might look like a player turned on their torrents or something. If a mod ever accused someone of forcing, that mod is a retard. If ISP guaranteed pl ratio and ping times, we could do something about it, but they dont so fuck you.

3. Packet loss and Ping times are 2 separate issues.

only solution: sensible lag limits.
Proz

Return to “EGFL 2010”