SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Extreme Games Flagging League 2011

Moderator: Azela

By AH dealer
Who cares about the haters??? I would love to read ur review of the main season azela. Just do it and don't mind haters. Would be even better if several people did a review... I'll do a short one:

Ill- #1 was the favorite at the start of this EGFL season. They tied versus Silence and won all the other games. The won most of the games with a mix of "vets" and "newbs". With newbs I mean no harm, but those players (ex: vicerate, ghostbusters, cyp, glyde, etc) haven't been around that long in the flagging scene of EG. Imo, they have a good chemistry and seem to win most of their games by a combination of raw skill and little tactic. Haven't seen Ill using the famous mobs, what we mostly saw with exalt in EGFL2010, or any strange tactical game plays, but it seems to be that they CAN use tactics, but don't need to. Yet there is no denying that Ill has got the better players of this season, and those players (imo surprisingly) seem to work well with the newer players.

Grid- #2 was imo the underdog of this season. Didn't seem to have the better players and was likely to end up around the 4th place this season. Yet they have proven their self as a worthy opponent versus every squad beside from Ill. They won, i think for the 3rd time this year, versus Silence which was a huge upset. Their biggest power of the squad is their mfr: Golfer. He can hold the flagroom for hours with only a few defenders. He launches them at the right spot which provides the defenders an ideal position to finish his kills. But I don't want to give Golfer all the credit, because the squad is working well together and their enemy seems to always push. I think grid still lacks a good enemy anchor who provides a real support to the attack. I don't know what is going on with Boeyz, but I think she is a key player on the enemy anchor position, too bad she isn't active enough. The weakness of grid are the swings who don't kill enough and can only do well with a small defense. Also their attack seems to play baseduel all the time and gets only .6 or lower ratios. I think grid will lose versus next in semi's.

Next- #2 is doing surprisingly good. I thought they would end on the 3rd place, and I was kinda right, but didn't know they could win versus silence. With their 2 star players on the attack (BOMBED and qs) they got a strong small attack. I've seen next and silence call 3 swings for just 2 attackers (with one of those 2 either BOMBED or qs). They also (just like grid) lack a good enemy anchor. They used owens and quickstrike as enemy anchor so far if I'm not wrong. Owens is like 23 corners away from the action and if he's closer he'll choke, and qs is a good nme anchor, yet a waste to put him there. I don't see why they don't use In love as MFR and Karth as enemy anchor, I really have no idea. Karth isn't a good mfr, yet I think he's a good anchor. He can find a bombline easily and doesn't choke that much. He's close to the action if he must and he can lure several players. With Karth, qs and bombed on a small attack, it's hard for a mfr to find the right swings to call versus that attack. In Love has proven in the past to be a good reliable anchor, all you need to do is help him improve his calling. With Rushmore they got a good s1, yet Next doesn't have good enough swings to stop a good attack (ex. Bacon and trance). Next also seems to have the mobs under control, their tactics (beside from the line up) are on high level. And maybe next you'll learn from your mistakes, please, so it can be a good final.

Silence- #4 is doing so bad. They may have tied the #1, but they really have to rely on certain players to show. With a bad show, they are just getting baseraced around the map. sponger kute and ioth should make a good defense, or luige dazz and chin, or unlimited rico and bog, and with some mobs with Lee they might have a decent chance to stop an attack. But their enemy totally depends on who shows. Only attackers they got who are decent are odi winnie and knitex. That's it. What silence does have, is a good enemy anchor (either Sin or Boogy) and a good mfr (Jugulate or SK). So imo the only thing silence can pull of is a choke of the other mfr and full D the rest of the game. But I don't see blood line choke, so silence will be out in the semi finals.

warhable- #5 ya well, thanx for participating and it's too bad you guys didn't win versus either the #1-#4.
By Toretto
Nice read NAo. I can agree with mostly everything!
1: Ill: They are the leagues powerhouse! Expected league winners. Cant really speak of weakness.

2: Next: Between Rk and myself, leadership is strong rk obviously the better leader. Next has A lot of swings: Rushmore, anger, lawsuit, eren, rachet, and myself. I put next in second not because l am biased but because we lasted longer against Ill with a loss at 45 mins, which was by a choke, and Grid lasted 35 mins. Grid beat silence in 59 mins and next did it in 50. I also agree that Next's Nme Anchor has been weak. Their attack is pretty fierce otherwise.

3: Gird: Has definitely had an impressive season. I truly underestimated them, I expected silence t of beat them last game. Biggest advantage they have is a deep bench. Although they lack a strong NME anchor, they have enough of everything else.

4: Silence: Truly disappointing season for them. I think we all seen the name and remembered their former glory, and expected nothing less. Mainly due to Lee being inactive. when he picked up activity I seen a different silence. Moggy is a great player, not a good leader. The biggest problem for silence is activity. If this roster got active to work off rust and build chemistry they would be lethal.

S: Warhable: thanks for participating.
By Lee
good reviews, actually our games vs next and grid came down to 1 and the same thign in the end, our inability to take the nme fr. We were at 90 both times while losing base (vs next it was switch and vs grid fr choke), but out of our active players who show to games we have a few anchors, myself and rest are blindrushers/baseduellers, so if knit/sponger/luige/ioth or anyone else of same category shows, we will be fine. Unfortunately they have only shown to ill game and of course the result was different.
So we will just have to see what kind of showups we get next year.
As for rest of squads, next looks better than Grid, but grid has really mastered holding that fr room, especially with some anchor with ball or flags like golfer, both in our game as well as in next game, nme spent 90% of gametime near that fr room and grid basically just relied on majin trying to hero nme base (worked vs both squads, but next managed to salvage some flags).
Dont think that tactic will work in a longer run, so i can see next playing in finals.
As for Ill, they havent shown their true strength, they got good players for all categories and are certainly favourites, but definiately not unbeatable.
By PAT
I hope we have a cinderella story EGFL. Silence beats Ill in Semi's with Ioth at MFR and Boogy at nme. And all it's top shows(2 games). Then have Grid beat Next in a 22 hour 3rd-game rofl.(majin hero'ing after not playing whole game, hi lee.)

Then finally Grid beating Silence in finals in games 2 and 3 with Ioth lagging out as MFR in game 3. Afk
By Optimal
kinda hating this ez league, no team is good enough to motivate for showing rofl, but semis ill show 110%
By PAT
Azela, I don't understand why new recruits to squads have to sit out for the first semi-finals match if Grid gets a BYE for Quarters. Especially when you just said this
Any new players added to the roster from now until the saturday before the Quarter Finals will miss that game and will be eligible to play from the semi finals only. Also, after january 7th the rosters will be locked permanently.
By PAT
Replying to you here Azela... cba to make another topic.

So 4th place team gets rewarded over 2nd and 3rd place team and has 3 3pm matches?

Why can't 2nd and 3rd place teams get 1 3pm match and then 1st place team AND 4TH PLACE team have 2 3pm matches.

It only seems fair to reward 2/3 just as much as u do the 4th place. :/ Should be better rewards for first place team. Like base of choice for first game and if they win it, the 2nd game too.
By Lee
Azela wrote:
PAT wrote:Replying to you here Azela... cba to make another topic.

So 4th place team gets rewarded over 2nd and 3rd place team and has 3 3pm matches?

Why can't 2nd and 3rd place teams get 1 3pm match and then 1st place team AND 4TH PLACE team have 2 3pm matches.

It only seems fair to reward 2/3 just as much as u do the 4th place. :/ Should be better rewards for first place team. Like base of choice for first game and if they win it, the 2nd game too.
The 4th placed team is not being rewarded really, they still have to play against the 1st team.

If you offered Silence the option of playing at 2/4pm vs Grid instead, I'm sure they would take it.
actually not, u see we are not motivated in showing up vs newbies, so id rather take my chances with Ill game, at least its competitive enough for my people to show (hopefully)
By poemZX_
Lee wrote:
Azela wrote:
PAT wrote:Replying to you here Azela... cba to make another topic.

The 4th placed team is not being rewarded really, they still have to play against the 1st team.

If you offered Silence the option of playing at 2/4pm vs Grid instead, I'm sure they would take it.
actually not, u see we are not motivated in showing up vs newbies, so id rather take my chances with Ill game, at least its competitive enough for my people to show (hopefully)
wooooo. Lee just called out grid and next
By PAT
Lol sok. He's lost to both over and over again this season. It's why his squad is 4th out of 4. He has great players and should definitely by 2nd place but I guess he just can't lead top tiers that have activity problems. Imo he was awesome as a low-high upper-mid tier leader with Trespass. Silence just doesn't have the chemistry to take on Grid or Next atm. If they do beat Ill though, I believe they will win EGFL.
By Lee
PAT wrote:Lol sok. He's lost to both over and over again this season. It's why his squad is 4th out of 4. He has great players and should definitely by 2nd place but I guess he just can't lead top tiers that have activity problems. Imo he was awesome as a low-high upper-mid tier leader with Trespass. Silence just doesn't have the chemistry to take on Grid or Next atm. If they do beat Ill though, I believe they will win EGFL.
rofl want me to repeat myself? Noone on my squad cares of beating Grid or Next, Silence wouldnt even exist if i knew that egfl would look like it is nowadays, seriously, majority of my squad has won all there is to win in EG and dont give a shit about this tournament, Ill is the only true competition for us and im not surprised at all that the game vs Ill was the only game during main season i had the showup i wanted.
Its completely different for Grid and Next though, the majority of the players have been spending their years in EG in mid-tier squads and this is their best chance of finally winning something. No wonder they are active and motivated and have done well.
By PAT
Lee wrote:
PAT wrote:Lol sok. He's lost to both over and over again this season. It's why his squad is 4th out of 4. He has great players and should definitely by 2nd place but I guess he just can't lead top tiers that have activity problems. Imo he was awesome as a low-high upper-mid tier leader with Trespass. Silence just doesn't have the chemistry to take on Grid or Next atm. If they do beat Ill though, I believe they will win EGFL.
rofl want me to repeat myself? Noone on my squad cares of beating Grid or Next, Silence wouldnt even exist if i knew that egfl would look like it is nowadays, seriously, majority of my squad has won all there is to win in EG and dont give a shit about this tournament, Ill is the only true competition for us and im not surprised at all that the game vs Ill was the only game during main season i had the showup i wanted.
Its completely different for Grid and Next though, the majority of the players have been spending their years in EG in mid-tier squads and this is their best chance of finally winning something. No wonder they are active and motivated and have done well.
Not everyone in mid tier squads have played long enough to have accomplished stuff in this zone. We all haven't played since the 90's-earlier than 2003 when EG was at its peak. You're talking about the past and how good they used to be and how they don't care. Okay but it's also that they aren't good enough to compete with the level they used to be able play at. Honestly, I would be embarassed to trash a squad 24/7 then lose to them 3 times and then continue to trash them even though I've been shutup by them several times. Was actually hoping you beat Ill but now I hope you lose in 2 with no-shows.
By Lee
PAT wrote:
Lee wrote:
Not everyone in mid tier squads have played long enough to have accomplished stuff in this zone. We all haven't played since the 90's-earlier than 2003 when EG was at its peak. You're talking about the past and how good they used to be and how they don't care. Okay but it's also that they aren't good enough to compete with the level they used to be able play at. Honestly, I would be embarassed to trash a squad 24/7 then lose to them 3 times and then continue to trash them even though I've been shutup by them several times. Was actually hoping you beat Ill but now I hope you lose in 2 with no-shows.
Rofl what are you talking about, im not trashing squads 24/7, im saying how things are, i cannot influence the mentality my squad has regards Grid and Next, nor can i influence if i care about something or not.
And being mid-tier has nothign to do with how long you have played, usually a squad is judged by its leader, if you made a squad, it would always be a newbie squad, because you havent proven yourself anythign else. If eel or rk make a squad, it will be always considered a mid-tier squad as they havent proven to be anything else.
Hell the actual skill of players has rarely been any factor in this mentality, alot of vets in top squads suck way more then the best pilots who are not considered vets, not the point here.
Hey EG DYNASTIES

Hi Julia -- you should join Discord. I think you'[…]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!