SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Extreme Games Flagging League 2010
By TheCript
horrible read

please just stfu and delete this topic
let lee write this stuff your shit is whack
Last edited by TheCript on December 25th, 2010, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ioth
Actually this erad was pretty good D:
By Zeker
Ioth wrote:Actually this erad was pretty good D:
yeah great erad
By Omega Red
gotta disagree with your first paragraph as to how tis egfl has been competitive and a hurricane of sorts. ive seen a few egfls and this one is by far the most boring and predictable season. like you said though the only surprise was imp winning, but considering the line sentenal played that game, he put them in a position to lose.

this egfl only shows how bad competition in eg has gotten. the gap between low tier and top shows how a losing season of egfl can destroy low tier squads.
By blahhy
boring games, boring league, and a stubborn person hosting this league = EG's death. There were many ways in which this league could have been better but no modifications were even considered because Azela was obv not able to get over his own ego.

all im looking forward to now is facing exalt's C line because starters probably will all be on vacation or something.
By Lee
TheCript wrote:horrible read

please just stfu and delete this topic
let lee write this stuff your shit is whack

rofl, i really cannot say much more, this league has been extraordinarily boring, with fewest surprises really, im glad we at least have this squaddissolvement match.
as i said already before this league, the one division system will just make this long and boring
By TheCript
im kinda surprised how EG uppers actually considered letting azela lead this...
as they know every single person from redstar knew azela was incompetent and had a HUGE ego
no one liked him, no one listened to him, no one was nice to him
changed his name in eg so people wouldnt know it was him,
sucked some cocks from uppers and here he is ruining egfl and killing the zone
By Optimal
hehe teasing azela
TheCript wrote:im kinda surprised how EG uppers actually considered letting azela lead this...
as they know every single person from redstar knew azela was incompetent and had a HUGE ego
no one liked him, no one listened to him, no one was nice to him
changed his name in eg so people wouldnt know it was him,
sucked some cocks from uppers and here he is ruining egfl and killing the zone

anyway, i dont tihnk its mainly azelas fault, but mostly the lack of players we have, and also the grouping of players. I sincerely hope this year squads will change their stackwise tactics and actually losen up a bit. I did this with my squad back in my old zone, and it did not take away the power we had, offcourse we had very few losses, but the power remained and we won when needed, and after some time the skill grew anyway.
By Zeker
last years egfl finals were fucking epic and so will this years finals be, so i don't have anything to complain
By Kuppaaja
Zeker wrote:last years egfl finals were fucking epic and so will this years finals be, so i don't have anything to complain
If that's the only good/interesting thing we could just play finals only and forget all this 10 weeks of "boring main season games".
By Zeker
Kuppaaja wrote:
Zeker wrote:last years egfl finals were fucking epic and so will this years finals be, so i don't have anything to complain
If that's the only good/interesting thing we could just play finals only and forget all this 10 weeks of "boring main season games".
if only....
By inconclusive
why is everyone on Azela's dick? any of u cock-suckers know how much time and effort goes into running EGFL? i didn't see anyone else step up to host the league, and, although I had my own doubts as to whether Azela would be a suitable host or not, he has actually proven himself to be more than capable. everyone knew EG was "dieing" coming into the league, don't use Azela as a scapegoat. faggots (cript)
By TheCript
inconclusive wrote:why is everyone on Azela's dick? any of u cock-suckers know how much time and effort goes into running EGFL? i didn't see anyone else step up to host the league, and, although I had my own doubts as to whether Azela would be a suitable host or not, he has actually proven himself to be more than capable. everyone knew EG was "dieing" coming into the league, don't use Azela as a scapegoat. faggots (cript)
this guy always been a jackass with a brain thats not 100% functional
so yea, im not surprised to see a boring and porely arranged biased egfl like this one
just kinda upset eg choose this guy
By Omega Red
yea... i dont think anyone's blaming azela for how boring the league has been with the exception of tc and blahhy.

so far i think the league has been run flawlessly and even with issues like one game semis and playoff game-days azela has shown to be flexible and neutral

and that idea seems interesting but im not sure how well it would work out telling players where to go and who to be lead under. maybe try it as a mini league so there isnt much at stake and people would be more open to trying it.

the main problem is still lack of new talent in eg. years before we would see a lot of new players rising up to become vets and now the cycle seems to slowed down. just lack of overall interest and shortage of new players willing to become good and invest time into this game. if you look at eg playoff squads, most of those guys have been around for years and years. it seems like its just the same people
By Lee
Azela wrote:
Lee wrote: as i said already before this league, the one division system will just make this long and boring
It's not the length of the league which is being called into question, merely the predictability of it all, there's not much competition and the roster cap hasn't really been effective as a remedy.

Also before EGFL began you suggested the 1 division system so you can't really complain either.

Also, please don't ever quote thecript, it means I have to read what he's typed as it bypasses my ignore. He also knows I have him on ignore yet he continues to reply/talk to me? lol obvious downs is obvious.
oh but it is, if only all the weeks would be packed with action. Tp in that sense got the best schedule ever, we got to face the low tier squads when they were still around, then competition went tougher and we met all the top squads and in the end we still had despair and ace game. Looking at other squads, i can imagine squadleaders having problems keeping the teams motivated for 9 weeks or whatever we have been having this already.
And i did not suggest 1 division games wtf, i had my own suggestion with 2 group stages, regarding this league it would have ment that all the low tier squads that died out anyways would have been gone within first 5 weeks, instead of squads having bye-weeks. And for last 5 weeks we would have had a nice division with blood, exalt, imp, tp, mut and ace with top 4 teams advancing, way more interesting. I mean seriously after warhable lost its track there were never any questions of what top 6 teams would make it to playoffs, yet we spent a month of pointless games just coming out with same conclusions.
If u know that the competiton is not that interesting at least try and make an effort on making it interesting.
By Fletch
Hi Azela!

Just hang yourself!

Best regards,
your squadmate Fletch
By Lee
Azela wrote:
i had my own suggestion with 2 group stages
You're complaining about how this league is "long and boring" when your 2 group stage idea would have lasted even longer. Grow up and stop trying to blame the league format on TP's poor performances so far.
poor performances? who talks about that? you are seriously a fcking retard, i am pretty sure the results of the main season would have been quite different if the weak squads would have been dumped from the beginning and good squads could have just faced each other.
but yes, for the first time i think i actually agree with tc, nice try fooling everyone with the fake period of stability and now living up to your reputation of a true idiot.
By Lee
Azela wrote:
Lee wrote:
Azela wrote:
i had my own suggestion with 2 group stages
You're complaining about how this league is "long and boring" when your 2 group stage idea would have lasted even longer. Grow up and stop trying to blame the league format on TP's poor performances so far.
poor performances? who talks about that? you are seriously a fcking retard, i am pretty sure the results of the main season would have been quite different if the weak squads would have been dumped from the beginning and good squads could have just faced each other.
but yes, for the first time i think i actually agree with tc, nice try fooling everyone with the fake period of stability and now living up to your reputation of a true idiot.
You're on ignore along with TC. And by the way I was casually sifting through old EGFL topics and it looks like you make a habit of whining about everything, every year. When eura hosted you threatened to withdraw trespass over some rule change, you really are pathetic lee, don't bother replying, as I said, you're ignored. Let me know when you can conduct yourself like a normal human being then I will take you off ignore.
rofl ez newbie
By Julia
I don't usually like to say I told you so, but this is exactly what I said was going to happen if Azela was allowed to host egfl.
By Julia
Azela wrote:
Julia wrote:I don't usually like to say I told you so, but this is exactly what I said was going to happen if Azela was allowed to host egfl.
I don't even understand what you're complaining about, a majority of people are happy with the way this league has been set up and ran, it's been ran very smoothly, very few problems and I'm happy with it. There's only a handful of people trying to cause problems but you all have your own agendas against me so I'm really not concerned at all.

Hopefully playoffs will be more competitive.

My own agenda? I have exactly zero invested in the success or failure of this league. Maybe one day you'll be able to see past your own ego (but I doubt it) and realize that you're a stubborn child with terrible ideas. If it makes you feel better believing I had ulterior motives in saying what I said (I didn't/don't), then by all means, delude yourself all you want.

The fact that your squad can hardly stand you is evidence enough. But oh well, hopefully someone else will coordinate next year.
Last edited by Julia on December 27th, 2010, 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Zeker
Azela wrote:Oh don't worry, I'll be coordinating next EGFL too.
as long as nobody else will the rest of you should shut the fuck up

in stead of being thankful for all the time and effort azela is putting into hostin this league FOR US you're all nagging like a bunch of fking girls
By Optimal
yeh and look at lee being sour as a lemon rofl, the guy has hit rock bottom. shoul dhave stayed retired with some dignity
By Ioth
I actually find myself azela did a good job hosting. Most people who are on his balls are people who had prior grudges on him, so every negative comment on here seems seriously biased. I think this comment provides small proof of what i mean:
lee wrote:rofl ez newbie
In every situation azela had a neutral perspective, took opinions from squadleaders, or the general crowd. We haven't had any big problems this EGFL, and everyone who claims the 'boringness' of the league is cause of him is a complete moron.

Who remembers EGFL with edge and exalt? Main season there was no fun either, 4 teams dropped out that league, this year has only seen one squad fall, even though both leagues started with 10 teams. Everybody knows the lack of competition is what's killing the fun. So now azela's trying to come up with a solution for that (EG Market). Again he's as constructive as possible for it, and 100% trying to help out the zone, rather then to stuff his ego.

Guess some people on here are more concerned with 'trying not to give their nemesis any glory' rather then to actually make an attempt to keep EG going. Especially lee suprises me on this, as he's always been such a good help to the zone. As for the others, I don't expect much better of them anyways, I'll just ignore them and hope azela won't get to demotivated from a bunch of jackasses trying to get some attention.
By Lee
Ioth wrote:I actually find myself azela did a good job hosting. Most people who are on his balls are people who had prior grudges on him, so every negative comment on here seems seriously biased. I think this comment provides small proof of what i mean:
lee wrote:rofl ez newbie
In every situation azela had a neutral perspective, took opinions from squadleaders, or the general crowd. We haven't had any big problems this EGFL, and everyone who claims the 'boringness' of the league is cause of him is a complete moron.

Who remembers EGFL with edge and exalt? Main season there was no fun either, 4 teams dropped out that league, this year has only seen one squad fall, even though both leagues started with 10 teams. Everybody knows the lack of competition is what's killing the fun. So now azela's trying to come up with a solution for that (EG Market). Again he's as constructive as possible for it, and 100% trying to help out the zone, rather then to stuff his ego.

Guess some people on here are more concerned with 'trying not to give their nemesis any glory' rather then to actually make an attempt to keep EG going. Especially lee suprises me on this, as he's always been such a good help to the zone. As for the others, I don't expect much better of them anyways, I'll just ignore them and hope azela won't get to demotivated from a bunch of jackasses trying to get some attention.
rofl i havent said 1 bad thing about his hosting rofl and i also do not disagree that he has kept things under control which is great, there are things though, where he has been completely unreasonable nor able to give better arguments then: i think its better.
seriously the dude kept asking for my advice for majority of the league and when is say that i think that the league was too long and could have been made shorter or at least more interesting for the teams involved, his best response was that i was mad because tp didnt win all its games or smth like that. Rofl like i expected that to happen, the league was boring at first, interesting in middle part and boring in the end for us, good thing we got squaddissovlement match coming up to keep it interesting for a bit longer, i can imagine though how blood and imp feel as they will be more or less without a competitive match for a month or smth.
And the length of the tournament always has and always will in the end give advantages to squads that have deeper core and been around for longer. In year when Speed and Mutiny got to finals, Mutiny was worst from top 3 squads, yet they were superactive for the 2 weeks between semis and finals and took care of Speed, which had ppl rarely online with ease, same way as impurity last season started really strong just to fade away near the beginning of the tournament.
There are alot of ppl who just get active for this league and if your best action for weekend is to determine how many bases despair is gonna use this time, then really its not a very interesting league and people lose interest.

And i still do not understand how this version of the league would have been in any way better then the format i suggested.
By Lee
Optimal wrote:yeh and look at lee being sour as a lemon rofl, the guy has hit rock bottom. shoul dhave stayed retired with some dignity
dont worry i can try to go as low as possible, yet i will never be anywhere your retarded level.
By Omega Red
seems like most of the hate just coming from past grudges with azela. who cares if he was a fag back then? he can run a league pretty good..
By Julia
I don't have any past grudges against the guy. I barely had any contact with Azela in RS. I don't really care who the glory goes to, but seriously, what glory? In what point in EG history has coordinating a league been glorious? I was a ref in the first EGL (before there were bots to do all the work for you) and know quite well how ingrateful our community can be, but that doesn't mean there aren't legitimate complaints. The fact that two people who have never gotten along (Lee and I) are telling you guys the same thing should tell you something.

Besides, Eura offered to coordinate the league. You people have terrible memories.
By Ioth
lee wrote:text
Well just cause he has a different point of view on how the league should be ran it's his perspective and right as coördinator. You've been there several times and shit, just remember EURAvsLEEpart526. In the end anyone who disagrees will feel someone is stubborn in the end. :P

I'm not gonna bother arguing with you over the league setup cause:
1. I'm not the person it should be directed to
2. I don't really have a steady opinion on it myself :P

:]
julia wrote:text
Well this came over a little grudgy to me: :P
julia wrote:I don't usually like to say I told you so, but this is exactly what I said was going to happen if Azela was allowed to host egfl.
Other then that Azela's is somewhat GLORIOUS for hosting this thingy after no one stepped up. Yeah eura said he would do it, but only in like jan/feb 2011. People didn't wanna wait that long.

All in all other people here have been alot more dick towards azela. Openly critizising his effort to run EGFL without any arguments other then 'azela sucks.'. I'm merely pointing out that I feel it's wrong. So don't feel personally attacked.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!