SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Extreme Games Flagging League 2010
By Optimal
Some rosters are not really full yet, and quite frankly it would be amazing if they could get filled up. I was just checking all rosters and half of them was missing a few players. Also half of the squads have troubles getting a good show, because just signed up and then never show up wich is pretty lame. Ace itself is also having slight issues with this but it hasnt affected us yet, tho it has affected other teams, wich in my opinion is pretty unfair.

What i'm not asking for is player trading because that wont solve the problem in general, but more like adding some players who are not yet enlisted in any of the squads playing egfl. Squads should not be allowed to drop players, but if they under the rosterlock they could add a player to fill that gap.

This offcourse works best for the low and mid tier squads, and could improve the quality of the squads but also the quality of the matches played by them vs better teams, and so making the league more interesting then it already is.

I simply ask for the matter to be reviewed Because it's never to late for improvement.

Kind regards,
Smoki
By Lee
i kind of agree, it would probably affect the low-tier/mid-tier squads as top squads have full rosters anyways, and its in everyones interest that we have as many teams as possible going until the end of main season without stupid bye weeks.
By Omega Red
there was a petition before to remove roster cap from low tiers entirely but i guess it fell through, anyways i guess its a bit late in the season to be worrying about that. should have filled your roster
By Optimal
Azela wrote:We want to make sure all squads have enough players to show to matches and for as many people to get involved as possible. But also consider players who don't join squads but merely float around squadless waiting for playoffs to get recruited to a squad, bypassing main season and ensuring a play off spot. That's pretty much why the roster lock is there, not just to stop players hopping from a sinking ship.

Anyway I'll wait to see what everyone says so I can read all the arguments for and against, but as omega said, it's probably a bit too late now, but for next year, it's a possibility.
Yes indeed, the roster lock should stay, and no player trading anymore, but there are players out there in eg who are not signed to a squad yet or have played egfl yet wich they would without a doubt. If those players will be able to join a squad wich still is not on full capacity, we have 2 sides that win, the squads and the players in question. Some of those players are also pretty good and can make changes to squads by joining and giving their 100%. If done like this, it cant be abused and it all will be fair, and help the league work better wich is what coordinators strive for i think.
By Toretto
I am for one all for adding competition, but I don't think this is a good or fair move, 1 aliased people, 2 all the squads had more then enough time to fill. As azela stated some people may look to join a squad more promising then their original. Example: f16 had like 30 drops, I'm sure some were aliased, playing to play and are ready to get serious and seeing the current shaping of squads would join for example mutiny, who is now an obviously stronger squad. Yes this will make mut stronger, but what about the squads who did it the right way? we are only enabling weaker leaders. That's not the idea of this league that's for egdl. This is the league where the best team wins, not the weakest team gets hand outs.
By Optimal
kace wrote:I am for one all for adding competition, but I don't think this is a good or fair move, 1 aliased people, 2 all the squads had more then enough time to fill. As azela stated some people may look to join a squad more promising then their original. Example: f16 had like 30 drops, I'm sure some were aliased, playing to play and are ready to get serious and seeing the current shaping of squads would join for example mutiny, who is now an obviously stronger squad. Yes this will make mut stronger, but what about the squads who did it the right way? we are only enabling weaker leaders. That's not the idea of this league that's for egdl. This is the league where the best team wins, not the weakest team gets hand outs.

Its not about that at all. People cant alias because it gets checked and they risk getting banned from the league. Its about Improving the league and its squads as we see it needed. Leagues Are announced on short notice nowadays and Rules on a even shorter notice. Changes are being made while Season has already started so why not this feature? It's also not about weakest teams, its about Giving everyone the same amount of players. In real life league of any sport, each team has the same amount of players, i think you know the reasons why its like that so i wont explain, and if you dont know google it.

So in order for EGFL be a good as possible league, or good as possible hosted we should fill the gaps in rosters even if we are past half of main season, wich quite frankly is the most important part of the main season.
By Johnson
Teams had more than enough time to prepare the the roster lock. If squadless people wanted to play egfl, they should have tried asking/getting more active/getting good, they had enough time also. Being able to fill up your roster after the roster lock, sorta defeats the point of a roster lock...
By Toretto
There is two weeks left in main season, there has been almost two months of egfl and there was at least one month of registration. I still say no! Doing this only will dictate that every season there is no penalty for not joining a squad in time.
By nunnnez
if squads failed to fill their rosters before the announced roster lock, fuck them, they failed.
if players don't have a squad by now, sorry bro, try again next year.
The Future of EG

EG all the way! I really hope it works out well.

TWDT Season 18

I'll sign up if you cap

Hi

Why not just host a ete/duel league!

Ways to attract Vets back???

Need them more then ever now!!

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!