SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Extreme Games Flagging League 2010
By Optimal
tie should count into times also, some squads play for tie, or end up playing for tie, so it owuld be unfair to not add it to ave game time. As you said yourself lee, you milked with flags and ended up playing for the tie thinking it wont add to your game time, wich is pretty unfair, as we could all play for tie when facing a stronger squad and benefit from it.
By Lee
Optimal wrote:tie should count into times also, some squads play for tie, or end up playing for tie, so it owuld be unfair to not add it to ave game time. As you said yourself lee, you milked with flags and ended up playing for the tie thinking it wont add to your game time, wich is pretty unfair, as we could all play for tie when facing a stronger squad and benefit from it.
yes it would all be true IF AV TIME WOULD MEAN AV GAME TIME. But is av. winning time, in tie U DONT WIN OR LOSE.
Hell didnt your read why this was implemented in the first place? Also the ONLY REASON this thing exists is to determine incase of 3-way tiebreakers, which team has been fastest in winning. It has nothing to do with ties.
Also i milked flags because i DIDNT WANT MY TEAM TO LOSE rather then thinking of av.time, the system has been unchanged for at least 4 years (an never ever have ties been counted into it) and without any warning suddenly someone decides to change in the middle of the league, dont u think its a bit retarded?
By Optimal
i do agree that latest rules hould have been used, or atleast worked with from the last year and changed from that point, not from 4 years ago, but we are not coordinators and we should adapt to whatever they lay down on us, like we did when you was coordinator.
By Lee
Optimal wrote:i do agree that latest rules hould have been used, or atleast worked with from the last year and changed from that point, not from 4 years ago, but we are not coordinators and we should adapt to whatever they lay down on us, like we did when you was coordinator.
yes only difference is that whoever hosted egfl explained the changes in rules way before the tournament and the last seasons rules were used for the rest. just as 35 gap was properly introduced before this one and everyone has lived by it.
another thing is if league coordinator makes an unannounced change in the last part of league without giving any information regarding it before or even mentioning it with biggest excuse for implementing it being that he is too lazy to change the script which is UNNECESSARY to have in the first place.
By Optimal
Lee wrote:
Optimal wrote:i do agree that latest rules hould have been used, or atleast worked with from the last year and changed from that point, not from 4 years ago, but we are not coordinators and we should adapt to whatever they lay down on us, like we did when you was coordinator.
yes only difference is that whoever hosted egfl explained the changes in rules way before the tournament and the last seasons rules were used for the rest. just as 35 gap was properly introduced before this one and everyone has lived by it.
another thing is if league coordinator makes an unannounced change in the last part of league without giving any information regarding it before or even mentioning it with biggest excuse for implementing it being that he is too lazy to change the script which is UNNECESSARY to have in the first place.
yes but gametime ave only gets used when needed, so you shouldnt be rly focusing on that. What azelas reasons and motives are i dont know, nor do i rly care, im more concered about making play offs then what game time ave we have. Points are more important then gametime ave, and all squads should focus on that, i dont know if he implemented it after the league started, but i did read about some flaw in it, but that doesnt mean he wasnt planning on doing it this way, check other ties, if there are any, cant remember, but i think you are the only tie this week. You are in a fair position and rly dont see why all this is about, its not effecting your playoff spot so far, and if you in danger of losing play off spot, it wont be because of ave time.
By Lee
Optimal wrote:
Lee wrote:
yes but gametime ave only gets used when needed, so you shouldnt be rly focusing on that. What azelas reasons and motives are i dont know, nor do i rly care, im more concered about making play offs then what game time ave we have. Points are more important then gametime ave, and all squads should focus on that, i dont know if he implemented it after the league started, but i did read about some flaw in it, but that doesnt mean he wasnt planning on doing it this way, check other ties, if there are any, cant remember, but i think you are the only tie this week. You are in a fair position and rly dont see why all this is about, its not effecting your playoff spot so far, and if you in danger of losing play off spot, it wont be because of ave time.
wtf not everything is about my and my squad, tp will be not affected by it anyways. its about principles, if he can change 1 pretty important thing which could determine the playoff spot just like that, he can do other things and later on tell: "live with it"
this is not how league coordination works and as egfl should be eg-staff coordinated event, this is definitely not the way to handle situations like this.
By Lee
Azela wrote:Lee, you've failed to provide a good reason for NOT putting in draws on the average time. I don't see why we should ignore game time just because it was a tie, it all counts, it all matters. It's also incentive to stop teams playing for a draw this way. Unless you can add a compelling reason to remove it, it's staying in.

how many times do i have to spell it out. Av.time means AVERAGE WIN TIME. A tie is NOT A WIN OR A LOSS. Ever since the system was implemented in 2007, it has been always calculated the same way (posted the rule in other topic).
It was only implemented to determine the situation when 3 teams ended up with the same points and idea behind was that the team that had been quickest in WINNING or avoiding DEFEAT was to be favoured. Nothing about ties, ties are anyways penalized in the pointsystem with 1 point, instead of 3 instead of win? Also 1 win is always favoured over 3 ties.

You have given no reason whatsoever to change this rule in the last part of the season without any warning, the only reason you keep giving is that your a lazy fck and noone can mess with your awsome script.
By nunnnez
actually i'm not sure about how fair this system really is.
if you'd split it up in two seperate avg win time and avg loss time it would make more sense to me.
that would be something for next years league to consider though.
By Fletch
I saw a dream where I strangled azela in real life.
Felt like a dirty teen again, seeing wet dreams like this.
Hey EG DYNASTIES

Hi Julia -- you should join Discord. I think you'[…]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!