SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Extreme Games Flagging League 2010
By Omega Red
very nice chart, add some color though!
By Ioth
Shouldn't the losing teams have an average time of 120/gametime?
By Lee
Azela wrote:
Ioth wrote:Shouldn't the losing teams have an average time of 120/gametime?
What?
its a weird question considering that i do not see anything in the table. av.time is counted in this way:
team a beats team b in 55 minutes
team a gets av 55 mins
team b gets av 120-55 mins = 65 mins
By Ioth
Azela wrote:
Lee wrote:
Azela wrote:
Ioth wrote:Shouldn't the losing teams have an average time of 120/gametime?
What?
its a weird question considering that i do not see anything in the table. av.time is counted in this way:
team a beats team b in 55 minutes
team a gets av 55 mins
team b gets av 120-55 mins = 65 mins
I didn't understand the 120 / gametime, I guess he meant 120 - game time.

Table has been fixed.
lol ye that's what i meant mb
By SEALs
wow, nice job on that azela
By Flyingfinn
What happens to av. time if the opponent noshows? Cause I'd bet atleast 2 squads maybe 4 will die in the next 1-3 games.
If noshow means a win in 0 minutes then you have an advantage if you play them later.
By Lee
Flyingfinn wrote:What happens to av. time if the opponent noshows? Cause I'd bet atleast 2 squads maybe 4 will die in the next 1-3 games.
If noshow means a win in 0 minutes then you have an advantage if you play them later.
actually noshow does not change av.time for either winning or losing team, it is just not added. also if team is dropped from the league, the results may be "taken away", but this is really up to league coordinator, for example if some team drops after first game, there is no point in actually hoping they will show to any other games and his results will be removed from the table. in this league for example if unionville decides never to show their faces in eg again, you might want to consider eliminating our result (would be a shame, but sort of unfair towards other squads who never got the chance of whopping their ass in 5 mins)
By Lee
please go over av times, they seem flawed.
For example tp won in 5 minutes and lost in 61 minutes, this means 5+59 = 64/2= 32, for some reason it says 38 in table?
By Lee
there are way more flaws there btw
for example ace should have 59,5 av time, not 27, how did u get that? they lost 2 games in 18 minutes and in 103 minutes. which means to av time they have 120-18 = 102 minutes + 120-103=17 minutes = 119 minutes / 2 (games played) = 59,5
rather then 27 they have now, please go over all teams to make sure they are correct
By mattyoung
hi my name is azela the magical lion and i make scripts for averages because i dont want to use a calculator, now im going to shit on all of eg HAW HAWHAEHEH HAW HWHEHEHEHHAWHAWH H3RH3RH3RHR3HRKEKEKKE^^ *pOOpS*
By SEALs
wow, warhable up to #3? They're on a roll lately!!! :)
By Lee
SEALs wrote:wow, warhable up to #3? They're on a roll lately!!! :)
well they are the only semi-professional squad in eg as i heard f16 is actually paying his players, wonder if there are any bonuses for performances :P
By Toretto
Lee wrote:
well they are the only semi-professional squad in eg as i heard f16 is actually paying his players, wonder if there are any bonuses for performances :P
WTF I had to pay you to unretire!
By SEALs
kace wrote:
Lee wrote:
time to retire. :D

I'll give you my paypal in pm :lol:
By Toretto
SEALs wrote:
kace wrote:
Lee wrote:
time to retire. :D

I'll give you my paypal in pm :lol:
done
By Zeker
azela post the prediction and results topics sooner lol, i wanna see the blood vs exalt drama
By acid rain
If Warhable beats mutiny then unionville but loses to blood and exalt, would warhable make the playoffs over mutiny? mutiny would have ace and exalt to play with a bye at end after playing warhable.
By Lee
acid rain wrote:If Warhable beats mutiny then unionville but loses to blood and exalt, would warhable make the playoffs over mutiny? mutiny would have ace and exalt to play with a bye at end after playing warhable.
yes, unless mutiny manages to beat ace. If they lose to both ace and warhable, they will end up the season with same points as warhable and as warhable has head-to-head advantage they get to playoffs.
By Lee
Once again where da hell do you get the average times from?
Lets take tp as an example:
our wins/losses are currently
5min (win vs unionville)
59min (loss in 61min to blood)
24min (win vs warhable)
42min (win vs mutiny)

besides that we got a forfeit win vs Bow, which should nto count and a tie vs imp, which does not count as well.
So in total the time is 130, divided with 4, its 32,5.
For some reason in table it shows 44. Explain, or fix the goddamn script.
By Lee
Azela wrote:What's happening is simple, it's counting 120 match time and adding it into your average.

added together and divided by 6 gives 44 minute average (rounded up). I'm probably not changing it, I don't see why draws shouldn't effect average time.
rofl its average winning time wtf, if u dont win or lose, how can it actually affect it. also what is this 10 there? the default win vs birdsofwar? where did you get that?
seriously tie has never been added to av.time.
By Lee
Azela wrote:
Lee wrote:
Azela wrote:What's happening is simple, it's counting 120 match time and adding it into your average.

added together and divided by 6 gives 44 minute average (rounded up). I'm probably not changing it, I don't see why draws shouldn't effect average time.
rofl its average winning time wtf, if u dont win or lose, how can it actually affect it. also what is this 10 there? the default win vs birdsofwar? where did you get that?
seriously tie has never been added to av.time.
There's never been a 35 member cap before either but there is this year. I can't find the rule you're referring to, please link me to it. If the rule exists I'll recode to allow only win times, otherwise it will remain. I think losing in 110 minutes should be credited more than losing in 10 minutes.
okey now i finally get why there are so many questions regarding rules, you are obviously using the ones that fin1 posted in 2006, which are way way obsolete, both eura and myslef made changes to it on yearly bases, i have no idea what happened to them though.
Anyways for explanation, i think its pretty obvious:
Av.time was invented in the first place to give another option in tie-breaker situations. so if teams ended up with same points after season, we could see which team won theri games faster and held in their defeats longer. Draws are totally different matter as both teams are punished by taking away 2 points from them anyways. Where is the logic in punishing them with 120 av time. Basically it means that in some cases, losing on purpose at 119 minutes is more useful for team then tie. Because then u get 1 added to your av.time and can boost it up considerably vs havine 120 added to it, which is awful. Do you understand how stupid giving 120 av time is? It doesnt even make sense, you can even argue that you should instead give 0 to av time or 60.
Its AVERAGE WINNING OR LOSING TIME, nothing to do with draws
By KeYPluss
Rofl lee is right tho never did a tie count to ur avr time why would it count now? the avr time is for a win or a loss not a tie !
By Lee
Azela wrote:Your argument is utterly flawed, never in a million years can losing at 119 be better than getting a draw. Points > AVGTime.

Deal with it, it's the same for everyone.
wtf retarded shit is this, its not same for everyone, its a huge blow for teams that tie, even though they get penalized ANYWAYS AS the TOTAL outcome of their game is 2 points not 3 as in all others.
seriously just because ur incapable of changing ur dumbass script or too lazy to count the goddman numbers manually you are creating a seriously retarded rule.
but hey i can play your way if you want to.
i hereby demand to remove av.time from the rankings and not count it at all. its not in the rules, its not explained anywhere, wtf is it? i has no place in egfl, remove it and toss a coin or whatever to determine tie-breakers.
Hey EG DYNASTIES

Hi Julia -- you should join Discord. I think you'[…]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!