SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Extreme Games Flagging League 2010
By Toretto
kujak wrote:QF's on the 26th Dec? u serious?
I agree why would we do that the day after Xmas, ALOT of people are on holiday.
By sentenal
I still think my idea of having Saturday matches reserved for Top Tier vs Low Tier games is good. There's no way in hell that low tier will win any of those games so we might as well have a double game weekend.

We would shave off so much time and league would run smoother.
By denk
agreed about the dec 26th date....should make no games that weekend. and just push everything back 1 week
By Lee
wtf kind of schedule is this
Trespass vs Blood - 5pm EST
Trespass vs Impurity - 4pm EST
Exalt vs Trespass - 5pm EST
Ace vs Trespass - 4pm EST

ALL, 100% strong games vs good squads are late games, which means i cannot make them, i mean seriously, i cna understand if a few happen at those hours, but every single game?
also why on earth are u using 5pm est, it hasnt been used for 3 years, it was always been from noon est to 4pm est.
Also if u only allow 6 teams for quarterfinals, it will mean that in last 2-3 rounds all the low-tier squads are gone from the league already as there is nothing to fight for, if u would let 8 team for playoffs, i am sure there would be much bigger chance of them actually showing up until the end.
By Lee
Azela wrote:
Lee wrote:wtf kind of schedule is this

ALL, 100% strong games vs good squads are late games, which means i cannot make them, i mean seriously, i cna understand if a few happen at those hours, but every single game?
also why on earth are u using 5pm est, it hasnt been used for 3 years, it was always been from noon est to 4pm est.
Also if u only allow 6 teams for quarterfinals, it will mean that in last 2-3 rounds all the low-tier squads are gone from the league already as there is nothing to fight for, if u would let 8 team for playoffs, i am sure there would be much bigger chance of them actually showing up until the end.
I see that the schedule might seem a little unfair toward Trespass, I've pushed back your games with blood and exalt. Hopefully you can be happy now.

We are using 5pm because it clearly states in the rules that all games must be played with 1 hour in between. Also, if games are played with 30 minute intervals there's a good chance that we can run out of bots/refs as was the case during pre-season. This is not up for discussion, if squads don't like the times, they can negotiate a different time to play at, just make sure you message Johnson to inform him of the change of time well in advance.

I'm not altering or discussing the format of the league now.
hey 1 hour between games is fine, just that for last 3-4 seasons at least the games have been:
noon est
1pm est
2pm est
3pm est
4pm est

not 5pm est. u can see u can fit 5 games easily in that period.
By Zeker
I agree with Lee, europeans are getting fucked (cept for you maybe azela, 1/2 hour difference for england).

I can't get on teamspeak at 2am in the morning yelling out things when my sisters/parents are in the rooms next to mine, fuck that.

please do as lee suggested, it has been like that for all the other leagues, noon to 4pm is much better, and you can still change it now
By Zeker
it's still monday, you can pull all games 1 hour earlier and message all captians for this weeks adjustment
By Sann
Only prob with starting game at noon is that euros/aussies/azn will suffer hopone, so it's really a lose-lose situation D: Tho like Azela said, squads can negotiate a different time to play.
By Johnson
Sann wrote:Only prob with starting game at noon is that euros/aussies/azn will suffer hopone, so it's really a lose-lose situation D: Tho like Azela said, squads can negotiate a different time to play.
Agreed with this ^

We were going to do some at the half hours, but there were problems yesterday so it's a bad idea..
PERSONALLY, noon is better than 5pm for me, but then again I don't get hopone anymore..

I also really like sent's idea of having lower tier squad games on saturdays, ever though I can't make them myself until after 2:30pm est. It's still an idea worth thinking about.
By Lag Knight
Lee wrote:wtf kind of schedule is this

seriously what the fuck? i got a bunch of late games too. and look at blood and imp, 1-2 late games?
90% or ace roster is european, u really want every squad to drop out cuz of no shows?
as for negotiating another game time, that pure bullshit. other team just has to say no and profit from a weak show of other squad. azela u really are a sad little man.
By elixir
5pm est games...thats stupid...i live in the uk and thats 10pm-12pm (if game ends a tie), thats just fucking stupid considering i have to go to school and im sure other euro's have work.

12pm est games make more sense and if its really such an issue for some euro players they can reschedule...

and wtf 5 out of 9 of our games are 4pm/5pm est...wtf sorta bullshit is this...learn to make a schedule, i could make one better blindfolded
By Viti
Why arent the games every half hour just like in PRESEASON?
Just do 1 game 1pm 2nd game 1.30pm ETC.
its better for everyone really.
By Lag Knight
i suggest u switch 2 of our games with imps or bloods early games and do the same for tp in order to make it fair. everyone deserves equal chances.
By TheCript
Lag Knight wrote:i suggest u switch 2 of our games with imps or bloods early games and do the same for tp in order to make it fair. everyone deserves equal chances.
totally agree on this...

top tier squads like blood and imp only have excellent players so what does it matter if htey get late matches
these times only benefit the toptier squads and its an disadvantage for mid/low tier squads
we alrdy struggle with getting good ppl on at late games, now the majority of our games is scheduled so late?

fucking even this shit out coz its gay as fuck

how can blood have only 2 late matches?? do you guys rlly wanne benefit the best squad even more???
what the hell?

dumb ass faggot azela knew this kid wasnt to be trusted
By elixir
Lag Knight wrote:i suggest u switch 2 of our games with imps or bloods early games and do the same for tp in order to make it fair. everyone deserves equal chances.
By sentenal
I think what's essential is that squad leaders can negotiate time changes. So I don't think it's that big of a deal what time the games are at, just depends how hard you work to get the times your team wants.
By denk
this happens every year. you cant make everyone happy. everything will work out. we all know the teams that will be in the playoffs at the end....and game times wont change that.
By Optimal
if ace has late games, there is more possibility i can show, but more early games, might give me a a chance to go home early. in either way, ACE WILL ACE
By elixir
Azela wrote: I see that the schedule might seem a little unfair toward Trespass, I've pushed back your games with blood and exalt. Hopefully you can be happy now.
So you can move tp's games but not ours....unfair faggot.
Just do what rk did and face it your not perfect and your schedule is almost as retarded as you are.

What rk said makes things more fair..
i mean blood have 2 late games the whole fucking season...is this a joke?
By Lag Knight
is this a bad joke?
so now u openly favor tp? they get rescheduled games but ace, even tho we are in the same situation, do not?
i remember lee running things, i never agreed with him on anything and we never really liked each other, but the guy was always fair and he wouldnt fuck ppl up just beacuse he could. johnson pretended he gave a crap for a while and i bet sann is happy with things as they are.
i guess its best to be a complete newbie in eg. rules get changed for u and u get everything served on a platter. but as soon as u rise up a bit u get smacked back down. n1
By Lee
once again, all this would be solved by just using noon - 4pm est system, ALSO WE HAD HOPONE IN LAST EGFL, NOONE GAVE A FLYING FCK ABOUT IT, not to mention i am very sure alot of ppl do not experience it anymore and BIG SQUADS have a very large bench to compensate this error.
By Zeker
Lee wrote:once again, all this would be solved by just using noon - 4pm est system, ALSO WE HAD HOPONE IN LAST EGFL, NOONE GAVE A FLYING FCK ABOUT IT, not to mention i am very sure alot of ppl do not experience it anymore and BIG SQUADS have a very large bench to compensate this error.
agreed, and the only squad that's being effected by hopone (as i know) is Blood, hence why sann didn't want a game at noon

fking bullshit, reduce all games by 1 hour
By Sann
Zeker wrote:
Lee wrote:once again, all this would be solved by just using noon - 4pm est system, ALSO WE HAD HOPONE IN LAST EGFL, NOONE GAVE A FLYING FCK ABOUT IT, not to mention i am very sure alot of ppl do not experience it anymore and BIG SQUADS have a very large bench to compensate this error.
agreed, and the only squad that's being effected by hopone (as i know) is Blood, hence why sann didn't want a game at noon

fking bullshit, reduce all games by 1 hour
lol? I'm sorry I don't play on other squads to know when or which other Euros don't have hopone, and as far as I remembered, players like Ioth (spikes), Rebel, Pacino, Johnson, and even TheCript/rk (? I think, don't really remember all the names) still have hopone/random lag issue that they claimed was hopone. I don't live in Euro nor suffer hopone personally to know anything about it. Also alot of people did infact complained about hopone from last year's EGFL, though denk refused to change it even when King had a list of reasons why noon games were bad then:
1) hopone ends around 1.20-1.30pm est. many squads are affected by this, and removing 12pm est time will therefor benefit a lot of people (no, it is not a proper counterarguement that if people have hopone, other squads get an advantage over said squad)
2) 12pm est is very early for westcoast americans, and even for some eastcoasters, since it's a sunday morning.
3) lots of euros eat dinner at this time as well (remember that lots of players still live at home)
4) it allows all egfl matches to be played back-to-back, which will keep more players logged in and not let zone die during the time when nothing is going on.
Exact quote from last year ^

With that being said, this isn't just about Blood. I didn't make the scheduel nor gave any idea to Azela to give Blood early games. Pushing it an hour later would also means an extra hour for my Blood squaddies, who also have lifes, school, work, etc. (Not to mention that's also +1 hr for me, which means game will lasts til 7am on a MONDAY which I work) I don't exactly see how this is favoring Blood nor why I wouldn't want a game at noon. Azela is fairly new and inexperienced to hosting a league, you guys need to chill the fuck down and cut him some slacks. Mistake happens, he's trying his best to resolve and rescheduel if you can talk to him in a non bitching manner, squad owners can also rescheduel the games as well. Don't start assuming nor pointing fingers at things you know nothing about, you can't possibly make everyone happy, and if you are still bitching for no reason:

WELL ISN'T IT TOO FUCKING BAD THAT YOU AREN'T THE ONE HOSTING EGFL WHEN THE OPPORTUNITY WAS THERE?

afk

[Edit: With all the ranting above, I support Azela's idea of having a squad leader poll or something, keeping in mind with the daylight saving change which will happen soon I think]
By Ioth
wtf ioth has no hopone :[
By Zeker
ok fine whatever but none of the names you named have hopone, contrary to half the blood euro's :lol:
By Sann
Ioth wrote:wtf ioth has no hopone :[

LAST TIME I PLAYED AGAINST IOTH IN BD DURING HOPONE TIME:
Sann> !lag ioth
[ Ioth ] specced Reason SPC:40.00
P Bot-EG-Bas> [ Ioth ] C:140 A:130 H:460 PL:0.2 [S2C 0.2 C2S 0.1] WPL:0.0 SpC:40.0 [S2C 0.0 C2S 40.0] SpT:0.0 [S2C 0.0 C2S 0.0] 0.45s-old
Hey EG DYNASTIES

Hi Julia -- you should join Discord. I think you'[…]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!