EGFL Questions

Extreme Games Flagging League 2010
Johnson
Level 6

EGFL Questions

Post by Johnson » September 21st, 2010, 4:08 pm

Ok I thought I'd take the liberty in asking a few questions to help start the creation of EGFL this year.

a) Game Times

What would people prefer? 12pm - 3/4pm EST? 1pm - 4/5pm (Depending on number of teams) Personally, I am strongly agaisnt 12pm games. This is for 2 main reasons. Reason number one, hopone, simple, yes you may argue it affects 1pm games also, however one game a week to be affected is a lot better than two! Reason two, its way to early, what if you got pissed night before, I'd have to sleep till at least 1pm, Fuck y'all.

b) Terrier Lvl2 or 3 bombs?

Keeping it simple here, I say stick with 2.

c) Lancaster lvl 2 bullets?

I LOVE this setting in baseduel. I was against it at first, but I mean, once I used it for a bit, I found it was EPIC! I hope this change in settings can be a part of this EGFL, it will definitely help change the role of the lancaster.

cba to do anymore atm, I recall a league system vote has already been made so I won't mention that.

What are all of you opinions.
Johnson

Flyingfinn
Level 4

Re: EGFL Questions

Post by Flyingfinn » September 23rd, 2010, 3:44 am

Game times 12-4 est like always, it's been proven to work best.

BRING BACK TERR LVL3!! seriously lvl2 bombs terr sucks ass

Don't mess wiht the lanc

AH dealer
Level 4

Post by AH dealer » September 23rd, 2010, 7:49 am

ter bombs doesn't matter, about the lanc, couldn't care less.
Game times, I like the 1pm EST or later idea. Actually 2Pm est and later would be perfect for me.
Nao

Kuppaaja
Level 3

Post by Kuppaaja » September 25th, 2010, 4:53 am

Flyingfinn wrote:Game times 12-4 est like always, it's been proven to work best.

BRING BACK TERR LVL3!! seriously lvl2 bombs terr sucks ass

Don't mess wiht the lanc
Yar, terr lvl2 ones are useless. I agree with ff with games times as well.

mogg
Level 7

Post by mogg » September 26th, 2010, 9:10 pm

EGFL 2010 BRINGIN' BACK L3 TERR BOMBS
imo

sentenal
Level 3

Post by sentenal » September 28th, 2010, 6:11 pm

Can we also divide playoff games so teams don't have to play back to back.

For example if 1 team wins Saturday and the other team wins Sunday can we just move the last game to the other week.

nunnnez
Level 8

Post by nunnnez » September 28th, 2010, 6:46 pm

exalt still lacking STAMINA EH?
(FEAR!)>hahah to ez has been, your now perm ignored since i have embaressed u
(FEAR!)> this coming from the skilless retard who needs to cheat at a game to give his life some meaning... perm ignored child
Stinger241> UNACCEPTABLE RAP.
Stinger241> YOURE DEAD NUNNNEZ NOW SHUT UP

sentenal
Level 3

Post by sentenal » September 28th, 2010, 11:26 pm

nunnnez wrote:exalt still lacking STAMINA EH?
I think the last game was brutal for both teams involved. Maybe I'm wrong and Bloods enjoyed the back to back marathon.

And to answer your question yes :P

nunnnez
Level 8

Post by nunnnez » September 29th, 2010, 4:10 am

lol. i agree though.
(FEAR!)>hahah to ez has been, your now perm ignored since i have embaressed u
(FEAR!)> this coming from the skilless retard who needs to cheat at a game to give his life some meaning... perm ignored child
Stinger241> UNACCEPTABLE RAP.
Stinger241> YOURE DEAD NUNNNEZ NOW SHUT UP

sentenal
Level 3

Post by sentenal » September 29th, 2010, 2:53 pm

If a team can manage a victory in under two hours, odds are they will win both games. Most EGFL's are either complete domination or long and drawn out.

What you could do is if Game 1 or Game 2 end in under two hours then BOTH captains can agree to play again right after but if one cap disagrees then you move on with the regular schedule.

This way if a game ends in 30 mins and both teams aren't tired you can have another game.

Toretto
Level 7

Post by Toretto » September 29th, 2010, 3:52 pm

sentenal wrote:If a team can manage a victory in under two hours, odds are they will win both games. Most EGFL's are either complete domination or long and drawn out.

What you could do is if Game 1 or Game 2 end in under two hours then BOTH captains can agree to play again right after but if one cap disagrees then you move on with the regular schedule.

This way if a game ends in 30 mins and both teams aren't tired you can have another game.
I have to agree with sentenal, having both games back to back becomes who has a deeper bench.

And imo that's what won last years egfl, exalt ran out of reliable subs! Which any squad besides blood would encounter now!
-GRiD
Lee> kace we thought u died of natural causes and already held a funeral

BOGmeduser
Level 6

Post by BOGmeduser » September 29th, 2010, 7:47 pm

you cant have it so "if one captain dissagrees they have to wait/reschedule" Thats a fucking pussy move there sent. We all know you want the option to wait till the next day or postpone your fucking loss when you smell it coming. If a game goes over 2 hours have a SET undebatable time to pick up the next game. If its under 2 hours...same thing..continue with whatever the rule is...15 min break or whatever. fking pussy.

BOGmeduser
Level 6

Post by BOGmeduser » September 29th, 2010, 7:51 pm

kace thanks for shitting on all players out of exalts top ten. they have no bench cause their players suck ass not roster #. sorry that roster depth is too complicated of a concept for you newbies. That aside - having roster depth should not be the argument - simply haveing to no-life a complete day away is. they are two different things.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » September 30th, 2010, 2:46 am

its a bad idea not having a firm schedule especially in important games. you can have a exception rule there tho. So lets say first game on saturday, second game on sunday, if second game lasts more then x hours and 3rd is needed it WILL be moved to next sunday.
dont make it upon captains as it will cause useless shittalk and will lead to nowhere.
on other hand i do wish you would add the "if both caps agree gametime can be changed" rule. At times the automated scheduled can figure out a time that is bad for both teams and to be able to reschedule to what both like is good for both league and all teams.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

sentenal
Level 3

Post by sentenal » September 30th, 2010, 4:27 am

BOGmeduser wrote:you cant have it so "if one captain dissagrees they have to wait/reschedule" Thats a fucking pussy move there sent. We all know you want the option to wait till the next day or postpone your fucking loss when you smell it coming. If a game goes over 2 hours have a SET undebatable time to pick up the next game. If its under 2 hours...same thing..continue with whatever the rule is...15 min break or whatever. fking pussy.

In reality it should just be 1 game for every day no back to back shit no matter what. Not just to "postpone" losses you twat but because you get different shows on different days. For some reason though we've made it an exception and a habit to run back to back games in playoffs. Why? I really don't know.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » September 30th, 2010, 6:24 am

Azela wrote:I agree with Sent on this because as he said, each game should really be played on separate weekends, there should only ever be a back-to-back game if both captains actually want to. There should never be a firm scheduling of two games in one day, it could potentially end in a very long and drawn out match the result of which might not be decided by skill, but by who has more time on their hands.
history has shown that also 1 game can take 18 hours :)
i think main idea behind this idea is that if u take just 1 game per day, it will make the league very long. Even with current timetable:
Oct 17th - preseason
Oct 24th - second preseason
assuming we got 8 teams registered (currently 9, but we should probably drop 1)
Oct 31st - first round
Nov 7th - 2nd
Nov 14th - 3rd
Nov 21st - 4th
Nov 28st - 5th
December 5th - 6th
December 12th - 7th
December 19th - quarterfinals
December 25th/26th - semis (cannot do really, doubt anyone will show for 25th)
so
January 1st/2nd - once again, who would show on Jan 1st?

Wait a minute, forget about what i said, the schedule is already fcked up and delayed to next year.

Toretto
Level 7

Post by Toretto » September 30th, 2010, 6:37 am

BOGmeduser wrote:kace thanks for shitting on all players out of exalts top ten. they have no bench cause their players suck ass not roster #. sorry that roster depth is too complicated of a concept for you newbies. That aside - having roster depth should not be the argument - simply haveing to no-life a complete day away is. they are two different things.
Bog in no way was it a bash on exalt I was at all 3 games and watched most of it! Exalt at times had only 1 or 2 subs if that. Come on, rebel mfr'ed! Don't be so niave! Exalt does have a power house roster, after seeing the league though their bench ran low, while blood had a fair amount that could be subbed in. That's all I was implying.
-GRiD

Johnson
Level 6

Post by Johnson » September 30th, 2010, 8:13 am

Azela wrote:It might be possible to avoid running into January if birdsofwar sign up, then we have 10 squads and we can do 2 seeded groups of 5, top 3 from each go to playoffs. That makes the main season 4 weeks long. Winners of both groups go straight to semis, the other 4 play each other.

This should mean the league would end 19th December, at the most.
Winners of both groups would be a bit unfair. :/
Lower seed group winner that is. I don't like two league setup personally but it could work I guess. :S
Johnson

Ioth
Level 5

Post by Ioth » September 30th, 2010, 9:46 am

So 2 divisions would mean 2 equal divisions?

If so top 3 advancing, and #1 goes straight to semi's sounds nice actually. It would mean everything has to fight for something. Top will fight for #1 seed, lower will fight for playoff spot, competitive all the way.

SAVE THE LANCASTER

1:Darren> i should host prized trivia
1:Darren> thing is
1:Darren> im fking stupid

Johnson
Level 6

Post by Johnson » September 30th, 2010, 10:07 am

Ioth wrote:So 2 divisions would mean 2 equal divisions?

If so top 3 advancing, and #1 goes straight to semi's sounds nice actually. It would mean everything has to fight for something. Top will fight for #1 seed, lower will fight for playoff spot, competitive all the way.
I guess thats true but also how would we decide these groupings? Blood, ace, despair, random, random and league 2 Exalt, TP, Mutiny, random, random? Seems fairish if you see Despair and Mutiny on the same level (idk who is in this newbirth mutiny). Might cause some controversy over who goes in which.
Johnson

Zeker
Level 8

Post by Zeker » September 30th, 2010, 11:09 am

tbh i don't like teh 2 divisions at all....

we'll get a game vs trespass (we try our best obviously) then one vs despair that shuldn't be too hard and then two free wins.....

skill difference is too big between the squads, maybe make a "top" division and a "low" division

blood
exalt
ace
mutiny
trespass in the top division, 1st to 4th place continue, 1st and 2nd getting bye week in quarters

and
despair
octavius
birdsofwar
warhable
unionville

for the low tier, top 2 proceed to playoffs

Toretto
Level 7

Post by Toretto » September 30th, 2010, 11:18 am

Zeker wrote:tbh i don't like teh 2 divisions at all....

we'll get a game vs trespass (we try our best obviously) then one vs despair that shuldn't be too hard and then two free wins.....

skill difference is too big between the squads, maybe make a "top" division and a "low" division

blood
exalt
ace
mutiny
trespass in the top division, 1st to 4th place continue, 1st and 2nd getting bye week in quarters

and
despair
octavius
birdsofwar
warhable
unionville

for the low tier, top 2 proceed to playoffs
Making a top and a low would mean a squad would get screwed like elitestar did last year. They were a strong mid level squad paired against all top/stronger squads. IMO it would be better to have one. What is the benefit of 2? Before there were at least 4 known top squads. Weather you consider tp to be top or not, who would be put as the fourth? And im sure that squad would easily get plowed by the remaining 3 >_<
-GRiD

BOGmeduser
Level 6

Post by BOGmeduser » September 30th, 2010, 12:31 pm

sentenal wrote:
BOGmeduser wrote:you cant have it so "if one captain dissagrees they have to wait/reschedule" Thats a fucking pussy move there sent. We all know you want the option to wait till the next day or postpone your fucking loss when you smell it coming. If a game goes over 2 hours have a SET undebatable time to pick up the next game. If its under 2 hours...same thing..continue with whatever the rule is...15 min break or whatever. fking pussy.

In reality it should just be 1 game for every day no back to back shit no matter what. Not just to "postpone" losses you twat but because you get different shows on different days. For some reason though we've made it an exception and a habit to run back to back games in playoffs. Why? I really don't know.
duh newb. l2read. but having it be conditional on BOTH captains agreeing is fucking stupid. make it a preset rule so that little pussies like you cant say "nono we disagree, we want to wait" because your bench sucks/didnt show or whatever other reason.

BOGmeduser
Level 6

Post by BOGmeduser » September 30th, 2010, 12:35 pm

1 big division. stop wiping the newbs aside with the notion that they are useless and cant even put up a good game vs top squads BEFORE the season even fucking starts. egfl should be based on the fact that its a free for all. everyone gets a chance to compete and show what they can do. and the best win. thats why we dont use vps and stupid shit like that. its not egdl its not about setting up a scenario where the league will be the most even off the bat. long term players stick with this game because they want to get good and prove themselves. give them a fucking chance morons.

sentenal
Level 3

Post by sentenal » September 30th, 2010, 3:04 pm

BOGmeduser wrote:
sentenal wrote:

duh newb. l2read. but having it be conditional on BOTH captains agreeing is fucking stupid. make it a preset rule so that little pussies like you cant say "nono we disagree, we want to wait" because your bench sucks/didnt show or whatever other reason.
In all honesty I really could care less about making both captains agree before running back to back games. If they don't implement it thats fine, each game will be played on a different day either way. That was just to accommodate fluke 15 minute wins. Which I doubt will happen in playoff matches.

As for the schedule being too long, I doubt moving a possible third playoff game to another week would really make a difference.

Maybe we could implement 2 games a week every 2nd week or something? So like one week it's just a Sunday game and another week it's a Saturday and Sunday game?

We could use Saturdays to get the top tier vs low tier games out of the way. Might be lame but it cuts time in half and we don't waste weekends on rape games. It really is annoying for top tiers to show and win in 10 minutes and that be the only game they play that weekend. Again I know it's completely bias but lets not pretend top tiers won't rape the low tier teams, it's going to happen so we might as well try to salvage the weekend.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » October 1st, 2010, 3:12 am

let me once again propose the system i also talked about last season and what basically eliminates both the negative sides of 1 division and 2 divisions.
First group stage:
2 groups of 5 set up in more or less equal manner - each squad faces other once (1 month), top 3 from both divisions get to second phase
Second group stage:
1 group of 6 - each squad faces each other once (5 weeks), top 4 from group make it to playoffs, 1st seed plays 4th and 2nd plays 3rd.
Semifinals
Finals

It would make the games move to next year, but it more or less seems unavoidable already at this stage. Let me explain why i think its a good idea:
a) there have been always lower tier squads dropping out during mid-season and fcking up schedule. With this system the weakest squads will anyways drop out after 4 weeks and do not mess up the schedule in later phases of league
b) top squads always complain about having too many weak games, with this system, its only 2 or 3 weak games in first group as best teams gather in second group and you have good games already in that phase
c) weak squads always complain that its impossible to get squad motivated if they get ass whopping each week, well in first group its only 4 weeks and u have at least 2 more squads u fight for for playoff spot.
d) with 2 equal divisions, there is always the question if they have been setup equally - it does not matter with this system as top 3 from both have to face each other again anyways to determine real top 4 squads
e) with 2 equal divisons, the league might turn up to be very short as well, this would eliminate it.
f) with system we used last year, some team is determined to get fcked up by being placed into top division. Now really if wwe have 5 squads in top, exalt, blood, tp, mutiny, ace? and we have squads like despair making it to finals while ace or mutiny does not, it sounds unfair nomatter what.
g) there is always stuff about not having motivation or goals at some stage. Well with this system each squad has a motivation at any stage of league.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » October 1st, 2010, 6:59 am

Azela wrote:Then what would be the advantage of finishing top of the first group?

What you could do is have the top 4 teams from each group advance to the next phase in which there would be another two groups but this time have 4 teams in each group. The top two teams of the first phase would switch groups. That offers some kind of advantage to the top two teams because they'd have to play the weakest two from the other group, where as the weakest would still have to play the best two from the other league.

you dont have any advantage to finish top of first group, u need to finish among top 3, think about it, your idea sounds okey but only in situation where we have more or less 8 equally strong squads, but we have 2 top squads, then tp, then a few mid tier ones and low tier ones. There will be no real motivation anyways in the first group stage, how hard would it be for Exalt or Blood to become among top 2 in group of any random other squads put together. It doenst make any sense.
Your system would infact increase the number of pointless squads and would create a situation where 2 top squads might not even face each other during entire season.
Just a quick comparison. IN your system blood and mut win 1 group and exalt tp other, they now face low tiers from other division. in playoffs blood would meet tp and mut exalt, while tp and mut have even no games between each other to determine which is better.
IN my system all top 6 squads would have to play each other at least once, best 4 will be found out and playoffs commense.
Also i think it might be even a good idea for top tier squads to have a few games vs mid-tier without the purpose to win the first group. It will give chances to benchers to play and make the league more entertaining for all participants, Also as top tiers dont need to win all games as fast as possible, it will also give low and mid tiers more chancces of pulling surprises vs top squads if they use benchers.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » October 1st, 2010, 7:00 am

oh and to add, you can always include some minor advantages to first group winners, like ability to choose base for next group stage or time or whatever.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » October 1st, 2010, 8:06 am

Azela wrote:In which case perhaps we could switch the teams up from phase 1 in a better way, such as the two top teams from each groups and the two bottom teams from each group form a new group.
i still fail to see how it would make my proposal better in any way. What i suggest is that top 3 from both merge into a second group where each team has to face each other once and really top 4 teams will be determined for finals.
i really dont understand how it would be better to just mix them up and play another bunch of newbies. So take away chance from blood to play tp or exalt but instead force them play warhable or despair.
its a lose lose for all teams imho.
and motivation to win first group stage? in your suggestion there would be still no motivation to win, as top 2 get that "advantage" of another 3 weeks of boring games.

raymster
Level 2

Post by raymster » October 5th, 2010, 6:36 am

Is every1 aware of the roster cap (35 players). If you look to signup's there are a lot of squad who have 40/50 players.
What if the player who cant participate make another squad and you have 12 squads for EGFL Any1 thought of that?

Return to “EGFL 2010”