SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

A forum to resurrect EGs population via the players of EG.

Moderator: Sann

By Lee
STOP THE OLDER PLAYERS FROM LEAVING

*implement a yearly league structure, so that as soon as one league ends, next one will start, if possible host several leagues at the same time
*start having league games during weekdays, so zone would have more active days than just sunday
*continue with scheduled pickups, implement more times, hire more refs to host it
*move baseduel back to its original position, so we can have pickups at euro times as well, current baseduel just does not make people active and zone wakes up 3-4 hours later then it used to
*start a donation fund to find programmers to code the automated league bots, eg average population is old enough for people to have money and they will support it
*implement automated baseduel just like ?go elim, this should be prized on reset bases, random freqs, once a player enters arena, a zone message will be called, for example: baseduel game starting in ?go bd, maximum 10 players allowed, bot will randomly select even teams from participants

IMPROVE THE PUB

*completely change the concept of pub map, make it based only on flagging, small map, 2 bases (put goals into those bases as well), 2 pub-freqs max 12 per freq, reduced fraying area, reduce the number of total flags.
Pub arena should be like a tutorial arena, with arrows showing way from safe to bases and descriptions of what new players must do etc. Current pub is a huge mess for new player who enters.

*Generate staff-enforced squad for newbies lead by volunteers who could teach basics for newbies who are interested (i can volunteer for this, i know alot others would as well), promote that squad heavily in pub.
*Implement at least 2 pubs, main pub with described settings, second pub with priv freqs allowed. Host constant flagging games in the second pub (prized if necessary), have EGAL format used for the flagging in pub to get squads involved in pubflagging again.
*start announcing reset winners for both squads and players in pub, generate a competitive movement for players.
*start moving afk players to lounge again, they are just disturbing and making enourmous afk-freqs of 40 players, which is discouraging
*start a donating fund together with TW advertising SS as a whole, if our pub is changed according to description we can hold alot more players with us than we have before.

Please feel free to ask what is my reasoning behind those points, but i hope its clear for all. We can make pub attractive for vets and newbs, make it easy enough for newbies to understand and to spend time there and make it interesting enough for vets to spend their time there. You cannot expect vets to start playing in pub as its the most important thing in eg, it will never happen, but you can make it more pleasant for them, so they spend more time there, which will eventualyl also encourge newbies to get more involved int he zone.
By BLACK
He took what i said and made it sound 10000 times better. I agree and support everything you said.

For all the time i put in this game i wouldn't have a problem donating $200 to get things rolling.

Take this Idea's and put them into action shit needs to change. For the good.
By Lee
by marketing fund i mean that its ment to promote ss, u know if ppl download ss they probably end up in 2 biggest zones, either tw or eg, it would be dumb for us to have a separate marketing fund.

another thing is a fund for developing eg (like hiring somsone to code bots), this should be kept within zone.

my idea behind automated baseduel is to have something in the zone running, which can be triggered by just someone entering the game. The biggest problem currently with baseduel in pub is the fact that noone takes initiative in starting a game, majority of the games only take place if some active players spams ppl, but there are only a few of those. I have always liked ?go elim type of subarenas, having one for baseduel would perhaps keep some activity in the zone during its dead hours.
By Golfer.
someone has gone into deep thought about all of this...

uppers should really take this post serious, i dont think i can disagree with anything Lee has said
By Toretto
I also can not find any reason to argue with Lee here.

Strong points: Solidify Yearly League Schedule - I agree with Azela, it needs an overseer to ensure accountability. The overseer's job description would be -

1. Hire coordinator
2. Follow up with cooridinator
3. Review Rules/Schedules
4. Finding map developer's

The Coordinators job description would be -

1. Hire Refs: including a Head Ref
2. Getting Map development
3. Hire forum operator - Polls/rosters control and such
4. Organize schedule/Rules
5. Follow up with Head ref

The Head Ref's job description would be -

1. Training new refs
2. Taking Games
3. Following up on refs that they are taking games and are active
4. Posting game results

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its like any other form of business, delegate and follow up. So therefore if Lee was the League Manager, he could hire Azela and just follow up with him that all is getting done, Its now Azela's responsability to get these things done, of course the Manager could and should assist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pub settings:
I agree we should reduce the amount of things that are happening in pubs, simplify it. Make it more attractive to new and old players. I agree with Azela - Keep the fraying space, reduce base quantity and sizes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creating Squad incentives - EGC for Most Points per reset is just an idea.

We have the dedicated group who wants to help and provide some sort of work to improve this zone. The thing is, they need a bit more control.
By s_fcdb
Lee wrote: programmers to code the automated league bots
If needed i can help with that
By PAT
I had talked to Snacks a while back about starting a Donations fund. I'm pretty sure I remember him saying he would love to help out with it. Don't know if he said he would make the paypal account though. But I would definitely talk to Snacks and get him to set it up with croaker/zeus/ratio.
By Lee
i will keep on editing those topics and add new ideas if anyone comes up with anything, the idea in green has been implemented, idea in red has not, lets see if we can get most of things to green at the end of this year
By Toretto
good stuff.
By PAT
Lee wrote:*start having league games during weekdays, so zone would have more active days than just sunday
When was this implemented?
By Lee
PAT wrote:
Lee wrote:*start having league games during weekdays, so zone would have more active days than just sunday
next league will also have games during weekdays
By PAT
Lee wrote:
PAT wrote:
next league will also have games during weekdays

Ah finally! Good job. I'm super excited for egl/egbdl at same time :D
By col.1
TW proposed a joint donation fund, but the issue was that they wanted money from our players, and they wanted full control of the account. Frankly, that is dumb. Also, they have quite a bit of money, and have done nothing with it what so ever.

Also, trying to contract a programmer to write bots is a bad idea. All bot coding uses a modified version of the code it is written in because it operates off of a bot core (powerbot, java, python, so on), so you really need someone familuar with SS and how the systems work. The best thing would be to try and pay someone like Shoe or FC, but they both said they would need around 5k to make something that large, and we would still need a web interface.
*continue with scheduled pickups, implement more times, hire more refs to host it
we tried, but no one showed up. Maybe we will try to add more times if activity picks up with the new league. We are hiring new staff to keep staff from stagnating. We just hired eel and trany this week.
*implement automated baseduel just like ?go elim, this should be prized on reset bases, random freqs, once a player enters arena, a zone message will be called, for example: baseduel game starting in ?go bd, maximum 10 players allowed, bot will randomly select even teams from participants
This is a good idea, and I am talking to s_fcb about helping with bots. The problem is that we 0 bot devs right now.
*Generate staff-enforced squad for newbies lead by volunteers who could teach basics for newbies who are interested (i can volunteer for this, i know alot others would as well), promote that squad heavily in pub.
eel is going to be working with training squads and new players as our staff representative. I consult for rushing. If anyone else would like to start another that would be cool. I think low - mid tier rivalry could be awesome for the zone.
*start announcing reset winners for both squads and players in pub, generate a competitive movement for players.
This is a good idea, but it would need to be done through periodic messages, which not many have access to.
a bunch of shit about map and settings
i am going to start working on a new pub map soon. It will be hard to fray on because center will be small, but with very few obstacles. It will feature 4 bases, which will be "best of bases" from previous maps. I will not give a time line because I am working on it as time allows me.

I do read the forums and keep up on what is going on. We do take suggestions seriously, and we are working on things that we can work on.
By Lee
(donation thingy)
as for your comments, i mainly mentioned the "marketing" donation fund as a joint effort with tw, because they will get the cream of the new players anyways (tw being default zone, biggest one etc). If they are incompetent with it, just let it be.
As of our development zone i dont mind donating for shoe, fc or whoever to get things done. I was merely thinking of trying to hire whoever coded the automated league for tw, im pretty sure money > loyalty to a zone.

(pickup thingy)
Hey yes thats the problem with the bd in pub, it killed off zone population for early euro mornings which used to be fine for pickups.

(training squad thingy)
if eel is part of staff, then fine, i just want this controlled, so that once eel leaves the game or goes inactive someone else from staff takes over. That was my main point for it. To have a consistant overview on what is happening with the newbies and helping them getting competitive. Also it would be nice to have zone messages announcing recruitment to that squad for flagging training.
By Toretto
Part of what I have and will keep doing with rushing is going into pubs and asking any pilots not in a squad or on a squad that isn't part of this zone to join.

but periodic messages about rushing/structure would be nice.
By BOGmeduser
couldn't find appropriate thread for this. i sort of hate this idea but...

what about adding a level up system like WoW and shit has. points/wins = exp. it could vary based on who you play against (like rating in bd varies). you can lose exp. other rewards? chance of better greens at high level? squads with best avg level get priority in games? whatever
Hi

lol no, i'm just not a scumbag. I....i don't k[…]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!