!squadmatch/!sm <Squad1>:<Squad2> Create a squadmatch !cancel Cancel a squadmatch you are creating !confirm Confirm squad match rules !matchinfo/!mi View match info
This bot will allow 2 teams to squad match any time they want. It is player-run and very customizable. Players have the ability to choose team sizes, whether to play with ports/thors, and whether the match is timed or not. Teams can be of 6-12, so you do not always need a full roster to match. One squad member sets the rules, both teams confirm the settings, and then the match is started!
To create a match use !squadmatch <Squad1>:<Squad2>. The bot will then ask you to enter the match rules. Private message your replies back to the bot (eg. ::10, ::30, ::no)
mr shoe> !sm A:B Bot-Shoe-1> Creating new squadmatch.. A vs B. Please enter rules. Bot-Shoe-1> Teams? 8-12 mr shoe> 10 Bot-Shoe-1> Flags? 20 or 30 mr shoe> 30 Bot-Shoe-1> Ports? yes or no mr shoe> yes Bot-Shoe-1> Thors? yes or no mr shoe> no Bot-Shoe-1> Timed? yes or no mr shoe> yes Bot-Shoe-1> Ok. Setting up match.
[Squad Match] Attempting to create A vs B! [Rules] 10 per team | 30 flags | Thors out Ports in | 120 minutes! [Rules] 8 players on each team must !confirm. You have ?time Player1> !confirm Player2> !confirm .... A has confirmed .... Player16> !confirm B has confirmed
Match Starting in 2 minutes. Arena unlocked. Squad A will receive: [Freq Info] Starters: 100 | Fix bad drops: 101 (2 players max) | Spec: Unrestricted Squad B will receive: [Freq Info] Starters: 200 | Fix bad drops: 201 (2 players max) | Spec: Unrestricted
1. The bot is as flexible as you make it. Squads can challenge themselves to inner-squad battles by having half of their lineup join on a different squad name and then match each other (eg. Fame vs Emaf).
2. Have some fun with the bot, try some variations on the standard EGFL, EGDL rules. Vary it up and post the results.
3. Moderators can not set teams of 8 due to a bug in the client.
4. If you put ports in, it will use that arena's default port timer (eg. 30 sec in egdl arena)
5. If you choose to set a timed match the time limit will always be 2 hours.
6. If you make a mistake while entering the rules, type !cancel (only the player setting up the rules can do this) and then restart: !sm Squad1:Squad2.
7. When creating squadmatches with !sm Squad1:Squad2 please type the squadnames in with correct capitalizations, it will make the bot look nicer in arena messages... Not the end of the world if you don't though.
8. Spectators/players can use !matchinfo/!mi to view the current squadmatch duration and rules.
If you have comments, concerns, suggestions, or find a bug please find me in game. Have fun