SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

All Extreme Games and Subspace/Continuum related topics

Merge our favorite arenas from EG with TW? Versus a completely dead EG

Yes, let's merge with TW and maximize the possibility of sparking up a game with our old friends
75%
No, a completely dead EG with zero chance of sparking up a game is awesome
25%
By Romeo
I logged into subspace the other day and saw 100+ people in Trench Wars. EG is dead. The remaining staff has no intention of reviving the zone, and no one blames them. There have been a number of people on the EG discord who have offered to help port our favorite arenas over to TW, where we will have people to hang out with and chat with and the best chance possible of sparking up a game of baseduel/duel with old friends.

It makes absolutely no sense to me, but despite having no intentions of reviving EG, the remaining staff has gotten defensive/snarky toward/or have ignored the community discussion that has been happening in the EG discord.

All of the remaining staff are just community members that had the zone passed down to them in trust that they will do what is best for the community. Currently the community is pretty well unanimously disagreeing with their stance of refusing to do anything and refusing to let anyone do anything. This doesn't make sense to me and I'd ask that they step aside and let us try something new.

We have all the skills/help we need from past staff members that have offered to help move the arenas and bots if the remaining staff doesn't want to help with the move. All they have to do is show grace and step aside and let the community salvage what remains of EG.

Cast your vote above, and lets hope that Fc and the remaining staff are reasonable in this decision.
By LostAndNotFound
Romeo wrote:
November 7th, 2018, 10:36 pm
It makes absolutely no sense to me, but despite having no intentions of reviving EG, the remaining staff has gotten defensive/snarky toward/or have ignored the community discussion that has been happening in the EG discord.
I think RaeRae has adequately explained her position on the matter. Wouldn't you get snarky if people continually badgered you about the same thing over and over again?
By Romeo
Unfortunately her position is that of defending a dead zone while having no plan or intention to change/fix that. That seems to be the position of the remaining staff in general which begs the question why they insist on remaining staff members and retaining 'final say' on what happens to the zone when there are other past staff members at the sysop level offering their time to execute the only viable plan seemingly being put forth.

I would argue, given that Fc/Rek/Rae are simply community members who had the zone passed down to them in trust that they will do what is best for the community, if they had any humility/grace/reason, they would be open to reasonable options for EG's future.

I am yet to hear a better option than merging our favorite arenas with the last remaining active zone, in fact i am yet to hear any alternative plan whatsoever.
Scheduled pickups?

what happened to scheduling some pickups?

We can organize a fund, pull together a few grand […]

Rip e.g

Squadmatch anyone ?

420 is ready for anyone, even a pick up team.

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!