SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

All Extreme Games and Subspace/Continuum related topics
By Glyde1
#531922
So qan said he could get a duel/ete arena up in tw for us just need permission from upper e.g. staff. So if you could give him the go on that rae I'm sure some duelers would be excited for a week.
By RaeRae
#531923
Giving away arena settings is something I don't have the authority to do.
By Baptism
#531926
What do you have to lose? NOTHING! fc and cycad dont give a shit. Lol
By Remark
#531931
Just do it Rae! I mean, are you worried about getting fired from a totally dead zone?
By RaeRae
#531932
lol no, i'm just not a scumbag.
By stewie
#531933
I overreacted, but still stand by what I said. Think for yourself and make your own decisions rather than hiding behind fc and cycad who haven’t been seen for two years.
Last edited by stewie on June 29th, 2018, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Remark
#531934
RaeRae wrote:
June 26th, 2018, 8:58 pm
lol no, i'm just not a scumbag.
The scumbags already ditched this zone. You have a chance in front of you to do the right thing for the zone and make a difference.
By WORLD
#531936
Rae, trench wars really doesn't need permission to put up anything EG related, they can just revamp it into their own thing, but keep it similar to EG,
I mean, every zone in SubSpace has bootlegged versions of someone else's work. As long as you do not put original maps/code, it's fine. All the old zones used to copy each other. And our great leader Fc was also using Trench War code/snippets, the bankrupt and money code, and the Teamkill money deduction was all from Trench Wars. So basically now is not the time to try to be modest and proper, you either want to see EG actually fight to stay alive, or you can be like the previous owners who promised the world, then vanished due to the fact they couldn't take negative feedback with the idea's they were trying to implement.

As long as we are not using any EG bots, pub maps, events or any older map, I don't see the problem letting Qan put something fun in TW for the EG players.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User avatar
By LostAndNotFound
#531937
stewie wrote:
June 27th, 2018, 3:29 pm
RaeRae wrote:
June 26th, 2018, 8:58 pm
lol no, i'm just not a scumbag.
absolutely disgusting. didn't think you were this shortsighted, but thanks for proving you're nothing more than a cumguzzling, needy bitch whos unable to think for themselves. are you really only capable of sucking off your (nonexistent) superiors?

fking typical of all females i swear, i guess i'm not surprised. thanks for proving all the negative stereotypes of females. dependent bitch.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incel
By RaeRae
#531939
Anyway, it's not my zone to give away. TW can make whatever they want, I'm not their mother. but people (mostly eg) have been asking me for the settings and that's not something I am ever going to do.

What I'm curious about is you guys trying hard to bring EG to TW is time well spent you could be organizing things for EG to bring it back. But that's not my business. *sip*
By Glyde1
#531940
Lol curious why we would rather work with tw now to bring an arena back. Find your upper staff? Eg players have asked for an automated duel ladder for a decade and nothing.
By Glyde1
#531941
Plus the zone owner axed these arenas.
By Wirah
#531942
I see a lot of potential if we could host EG events (starting with baseduel) in Trench Wars. There are so many things EG events can borrow from TW.

Most importantly, players. TW is the last zone that has an active pub at most times of day. These players are often involved in hosted events, scheduled leagues, and they are open to new ideas and new events. There is not much of a learning curve with bd. I expect TW folks would adopt it and enjoy it without a problem.

TW has TSL (Trench Wars Solo League), a solo ladder where players compete in randomized 5v5 warbird, jav and basing games. Your personal rank evolves after each game. We ran this tues, weds, thurs, sat and sunday and it encouraged activity. This is an automated league, managed by the bots. With some updates to the code, we could have a totally automated baseduel ladder up and running.

TW has TWD (Trench Wars Divisions), a squad based ladder where squads can challenge each other at any time and duel, on-demand. Not really sure if this could be adapted to suit baseduel since many EG->TW converts are now rostered to existing TW squads. We could see EG squads forming in TW if we added baseduel as a new gametype - who knows.

TW has TWEL (Trench Wars Extreme League), and 1v1 and 2v2 dueling bracket. We run the bracket on challonge.com and a league coordinator manages things. I don't know how 1v1/2v2 dueling worked in EG, but it could translate and work well.

TW has a team of league operators who are always preparing the next league. Most recently we have arranged the Basing Cup (a draft league focused on basing) and it's been a success. There is no reason why an EG flagging league couldn't be promoted and hosted, with the assistance of certain EG vets and volunteers.

TW has an active newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, updated twice a week. Generally at the end of the week announcing the weekend plans, and on Monday with the results. There is no doubt that we can get the hype, but that's not the problem.

More than anything, these ideas make me excited for the possibilities. In my opinion, the potential outweighs the [surely minimal, if any] backlash from the owners who are nowhere to be seen. I also played EG for a period, alongside TW, and understand that they can coexist and they are totally addictive in their own ways.

This game has rebellion in it's history. If certain people hadn't taken matters into their own hands this game would have died during the VIE shutdown. It's in our DNA to do what it takes to keep things going and there are people willing to make this happen.

Sure, the game won't die tomorrow if this doesn't happen but it might be the nail in EG's coffin. It's a shame to miss out on the flagging and baseduel games that everyone enjoys.
By Glyde1
#531943
Wirah wrote:
June 29th, 2018, 11:26 am
I see a lot of potential if we could host EG events (starting with baseduel) in Trench Wars. There are so many things EG events can borrow from TW.

Most importantly, players. TW is the last zone that has an active pub at most times of day. These players are often involved in hosted events, scheduled leagues, and they are open to new ideas and new events. There is not much of a learning curve with bd. I expect TW folks would adopt it and enjoy it without a problem.

TW has TSL (Trench Wars Solo League), a solo ladder where players compete in randomized 5v5 warbird, jav and basing games. Your personal rank evolves after each game. We ran this tues, weds, thurs, sat and sunday and it encouraged activity. This is an automated league, managed by the bots. With some updates to the code, we could have a totally automated baseduel ladder up and running.

TW has TWD (Trench Wars Divisions), a squad based ladder where squads can challenge each other at any time and duel, on-demand. Not really sure if this could be adapted to suit baseduel since many EG->TW converts are now rostered to existing TW squads. We could see EG squads forming in TW if we added baseduel as a new gametype - who knows.

TW has TWEL (Trench Wars Extreme League), and 1v1 and 2v2 dueling bracket. We run the bracket on challonge.com and a league coordinator manages things. I don't know how 1v1/2v2 dueling worked in EG, but it could translate and work well.

TW has a team of league operators who are always preparing the next league. Most recently we have arranged the Basing Cup (a draft league focused on basing) and it's been a success. There is no reason why an EG flagging league couldn't be promoted and hosted, with the assistance of certain EG vets and volunteers.

TW has an active newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, updated twice a week. Generally at the end of the week announcing the weekend plans, and on Monday with the results. There is no doubt that we can get the hype, but that's not the problem.

More than anything, these ideas make me excited for the possibilities. In my opinion, the potential outweighs the [surely minimal, if any] backlash from the owners who are nowhere to be seen. I also played EG for a period, alongside TW, and understand that they can coexist and they are totally addictive in their own ways.

This game has rebellion in it's history. If certain people hadn't taken matters into their own hands this game would have died during the VIE shutdown. It's in our DNA to do what it takes to keep things going and there are people willing to make this happen.

Sure, the game won't die tomorrow if this doesn't happen but it might be the nail in EG's coffin. It's a shame to miss out on the flagging and baseduel games that everyone enjoys.
The nails are already in egs coffin. Thank you for offering your services to remove them.
By Unlimited
#531945
I hope you guys can figure something out.. would be a shame for eg to die completely. I am down for this 100%. Have known wirah for a while now and he knows what he's doing and is very capable. EG is done.. it's over, nothing anyone can do now, except all is not lost! tw will have leagues for egers which would be very cool, and they have the bots to do things where we couldn't before.

It's not like someone would be using the settings for another zone, it would just be for some eg related events for tw. Please consider it.
By Mercede$
#531946
EG was a great zone full of fun, exciting games and events. Keyword : WAS. It is clearly dead and well past the point of resuscitation. The remaining EG players that still even bother logging on NEVER go to EG anymore because it's DEAD. We go to the snail-paced zone called TW. There are mods there willing to accept and collaborate EG and TW to keep all players happy. That's already more than any mod in EG was and is currently doing. The owners have abandoned the zone with, clearly, no intentions of trying to revive it. Why can't the rest of the power-tripping mods accept this and allow TW to bring together the zones? I truly don't get it. Just get over yourselves, let go of your "powers", and let everyone continue playing in happiness. I get that some people have an attachment to EG and treat it like their baby, but that baby has grown up and moved out. Let TW take over and expand their zone, before it dies too. Stop being so selfish! Over and out.
By RaeRae
#531947
Guys, as I've told Wirah and multiple people in the past, I'm totally willing to work with them. You guys can host whatever you want in terms of tourneys or what not. Even this calendar thing that has been brought to my attention was something I would add EG too. However there's no one who is willing to host anything, league, weekend event, etc. I would advertise the shit out of it but nobody is stepping up to do it, so we don't have any thing to advertise.

What Wirah said I totally agree with and I see the benefits. But it all boils down to one thing
TW has a team of league operators who are always preparing the next league. Most recently we have arranged the Basing Cup (a draft league focused on basing) and it's been a success. There is no reason why an EG flagging league couldn't be promoted and hosted, with the assistance of certain EG vets and volunteers.
That's what we've been missing here. I do not have the ability to put time into a league nor can I show on Sundays, so it will not be me. If any of you reading this want to host a league on EG or TW then, by golly, host your heart out.

As of right now, the owners are not interested in physically merging with TW. Only thing I'm not willing to do is to give the settings. I don't really know what other permissions you guys are looking for out of me? Do whatever you want.
By stewie
#531948
i would expect you to have some sort of concrete knowledge on how this works by now after all your time staffing in EG... TW is WILLING TO HOST and incorporate EG gameplay and leagues ALL ON THEIR OWN.

we don't need hosts because tw will fucking do it for us. so stop complaining and making excuses about how no one from EG is willing to step up (and who would even want to help out prob the worst staff in any game ever). that is not an issue anymore, TW will take over.

but they CAN'T host anything EG-related without the settings. get that concept through your head. that is the only permission that has any relevancy in this discussion. you want them to start from scratch and experiment with settings until they find the one that perfectly emulates EG gameplay? thats fuckin ridiculous. this is not at all about you not being able to show on Sundays. no one gives a fuck about that. TW will host EG leagues for us with their superior bots, coordinators and staff.


you're not willing to give the settings for what? so they can sit in a completely dead zone and never be played again? tell me honestly what is the purpose of this? it makes 0 logical sense from any perspective you look at it. the only reason this would make sense is if you want to hold onto the settings out of your own ego and powertrip. or maybe you made this decision and made a grand statement on the forums without putting much thought into it, and now you're too scared and unwilling to harm your ego to backtrack after everyone has told u your decision is nonsensical. either way, the only way core EG gameplay is ever played again is if you give the settings. that's all there is to it.
By RaeRae
#531949
I get the concept perfectly fine.

I'm not giving out the settings without the owners' permission. Get that concept through your head.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
By Glyde1
#531950
Are you going to ask fc or cycad?
By TheCript
#531952
RaeRae wrote:
June 30th, 2018, 3:15 am
They have said no.
rip eg
By Hunt for Blood
#531954
Giff back eg ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
By col.1
#531955
The worst thing to ever happen in EG history was making FC a staff member. Giving him ownership was asinine. The fact that FC would rather have EG completely die as a zone and a concept rather than give up useless power that he doesn't even use. He has always been like this. He has always been a power hungry narcissist who put his own perspective over the good of the zone as a whole.
By Ominous
#531956
RaeRae wrote:
June 30th, 2018, 3:15 am
They have said no.
rae, I get where you're coming from. as a matter of principle and as someone who has been entrusted with the zones settings, you're unwilling to share it with anyone other than the zones owners - i get it. however, i don't think you're thinking through your decision as clearly as you should be.

if the current owners were tirelessly working towards bringing back EG but have been hitting roadblocks for whatever reason, then yes, even in EG's current state it could be considered "wrong" for you to overstep and give out arena settings.

however, the fact is, the current owners are neither involved nor interested in reviving EG, and it doesn't seem like they have been for quite some time.

you seem to be the only one able to turn this around. unfortunately, this puts a lot of pressure on you. if you didn't care about EG like fc or cycad (and i'm not faulting them for not caring, we're all human and have our own lives), then i wouldn't feel the need to give my 2 cents on this topic. however, you do seem to care about the survival EG. if i'm right and that's truly the case, then not give up the arena settings would be a massive miscalculation on your part.

in order to save the zone, massive action needs to be taken. the fact is: new players will not see EG on the zone list and the zone owners are absent. if you're even slightly on the fence about this issue, i'd recommend given the arena settings to someone ASAP before your powers are taken away from you by fc.

and fc, if you're reading this, you're a terrible leader.
By Glyde1
#531957
Should at the least give up the warbird settings as a test phase or something.
By Unlimited
#531958
You guys shouldn't be mad at rae, she's a good person.. I get how she doesn't want to be that way and go against fc/cycad. FC/CYCAD, however, I think you are wrong to not want this. We just want to play.. you both are inactive anyways, EG is dead completely now.. cmon.. let tw have some eg events/leagues, what do you have to lose with this.
By Wirah
#531959
New staff positions will obviously be created for those who want to get involved. Powers and bot access is not a problem.

This is NOT Trench Wars taking the settings and running off with them. The people who have the experience will be welcomed and free to continue their roles. Not only will they be respected by anyone who cares about the longevity of this game in TW but they will be praised as the savior of EG as there really is no alternative if people want to ever play these events again besides cloning the settings (anyone?) or waiting for a “?message Wirah:meet me in the alley in 10 minutes” handing over an envelope with .cfg written on it.

I would love Rae to continue to help and oversee this stuff with a high position on TW staff, as is the standard for league ops.

I won’t be pestering RaeRae again on this topic but I will say the following.

In terms of keeping a games we love alive: there is everything at stake. Don’t deny the people.
In terms of reputation from the owners: there is absolutely NOTHING at stake to lose from sysops who abandoned their work and do not respect their players.

Don’t miss the chance to be on the right side of history.txt
International freqs

USA EAST: world, owens, bombed USA WEST: EUROPE EA[…]

Hi Heath

The Future of EG

So why did FC bother taking this on, seems like th[…]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!