Pub lovers READ

All Extreme Games and Subspace/Continuum related topics
BEASTED
Level 3

Pub lovers READ

Post by BEASTED » November 29th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Dear pub lovers,

It's clear to see pub is far from what it used to be, however it's not exactly like its completely dead. When I get on and try to encourage a game we can normally get anywhere between a 3v3-5v5 going, and even managed a 12v12 last month. So what I propose is a dedicated time for pure pub, I'm on quite often and see plenty of people log in to check if anything is going on, but log out once they only see Navemike and picslave flying around. Yesterday i tried to encourage a few people to stay by hosting Wabbit which was good untill the league started, which totally killed pub and once league games had finished everyone left and pub died after that.

If we have a dedicated time that people know they can log on and always get some sort of pub action i think that could spark some interest back into playing pub, I've already started speaking to people to get an idea on when would be best obviously around the weekend time...

If you wish to keep up to date and help the cause out please join the chat in game ?chat=savethepub

all it takes is a few people to get in and start playing / fraying a bit then basing to get a small game going , which can eventually turn into a good sized game going so if you wish to help I suggest you join the chat so we can communicate and organise better.

Hopefully this has some Success and if not, no harm in trying so before anyone writes some negative comments lets focus on making something work rather then shooting down every idea someone has,

Thanks,

BEASTED
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

Glyde1
Level 3

Re: Pub lovers READ

Post by Glyde1 » November 29th, 2017, 4:44 pm

The best thing for eg pub now days is drop the flagging/fraying 100% and allow BD games to be entered and exited whenever like devastation zone pub is set up.

BEASTED
Level 3

Post by BEASTED » November 30th, 2017, 7:25 am

that will kill the game completely and no one will like a bd game where cyclone can hop in on your team at any point lol, I get the idea you're going for but EG has pretty much been made a BD only zone already, which is killing the actual active players which are the pubbers, if you combine the amount of time Navemike/Picslave/dukeofdivots/x711 play i guarantee you its more then every other person that comes on just to play BD put together, and bd is only really alive for about 2 hrs on the weekend if that..... we need to bring back pub , and most definitely bd can run along side it, it really isn't that hard at all
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

MracY
Level 2

Post by MracY » December 2nd, 2017, 11:49 am

Needed to have hidden MMR along with the bot distributing players for baseduel starting around 5 years ago.
Don't know if that's possible now due to the playerbase being so sparse. Do it if you think you can.

Glyde1
Level 3

Post by Glyde1 » December 2nd, 2017, 12:45 pm

BEASTED wrote:
November 30th, 2017, 7:25 am
that will kill the game completely and no one will like a bd game where cyclone can hop in on your team at any point lol, I get the idea you're going for but EG has pretty much been made a BD only zone already, which is killing the actual active players which are the pubbers, if you combine the amount of time Navemike/Picslave/dukeofdivots/x711 play i guarantee you its more then every other person that comes on just to play BD put together, and bd is only really alive for about 2 hrs on the weekend if that..... we need to bring back pub , and most definitely bd can run along side it, it really isn't that hard at all
That's the problem e.g. been catering pub to navemike and picslave instead of everyone else who plays bd/leagues. Pretty obvious why e.g. been declining in population quicker than it should because it tried to revive a dead pub instead of putting its resources into making BD better.

BEASTED
Level 3

Post by BEASTED » December 4th, 2017, 6:49 pm

more people play pub then BD fyi , pub was totally wiped out recently by a few changes one big one being the fact you had to warp into the pub from the base duel safe zone, along with all the others like the fact you can only pick 1 flag up at a time

you can get 12v12 in pub going but you can never get more then one 5v5 bd going, their is a reason for that.

i guarantee you we get pub settings back to normal and we will see an increase in pub activity
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

NomDePlume
Level 1

Post by NomDePlume » December 6th, 2017, 3:10 am

I miss the pub games of the old days, we will never see them again.

EG is pub flagging games! BD is the cancer that killed it.

Let me know a time and date (Australian EDST) and i'll do my best to join you.

BEASTED
Level 3

Post by BEASTED » December 12th, 2017, 10:00 am

waiting to see how many people sign up to this new league as its a flagging league, then we will roughly get an idea of how many people are still around
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

Return to “EG Forum”