EG VETERANS DAY PROMOTION

All Extreme Games and Subspace/Continuum related topics
Combo
Level 3

EG VETERANS DAY PROMOTION

Post by Combo » July 9th, 2017, 8:56 pm

Hello my old friends, i was looking at the activity and it looks like things are going downfall. Most people that play are veterans. Obviously the owner of the game don't care much if the games dies or not. But for those of us that played more than 10 years, its sad to see the game die. I was thinking we should do a EG VETERANS DAY each month. FC agreed to help out and give the emails that are on the data base to create a good simple beautiful Speech on WHY? some of those people should come back. Unlimited agree to help out and write a speech. I was thinking that the message or speech whatever u wanna call it should have a deep message on friendship and stress reliever. We played because we love the competition but looking it deeply it was a good stress reliever. talking to our mates on the game i know a lot of us have most of our old squad mate in facebook,twitter or instagram. At the end it was friendship that made us log each day and have some hours with them. Its the same thing we do with out real life friends, go out have a drink etc.

I made a chat called EGPROMO. if your willing to help out please join and do what you can. im willing to put some money in to make a good flyer with the speech/message. I know its not something that will bring eg back, but its a nice step to see our old friends in the game and see how they doing in life and even share a little flag game with them. They may have kids that they can teach to play the game who knows what can happen.

Right now we need the speech(unlimited is helping with it) if you wanna write one down no worries. between the people that want to help out we will discuss it and pick the one that we think its the best one. i was thinking also adding a mix of screenshot of the games. the idea is to make the people that read the email say, hey! i wanna get on and see how my old squad mates doing.

We need the speech or message, something short but beautiful that have to do with friendship and stress reliever, but mostly with friendship that's why i still log on from time to time.

we need someone that can design a flyer

we need someone that can do a collage of screenshots maybe and make it look like a flash video or something with all of those memories.

we had a community of over 500 people if we get some of them to log in at least 1 month we can get this game going for long and i know even some people could get help from those kids that played the game that now are professionals.

.?chat=EGPROMO

Lee
Level 10

Re: EG VETERANS DAY PROMOTION

Post by Lee » July 10th, 2017, 1:24 am

Fix the reasons why the people left in first place, before inviting them back. Not gonna mention them again, everyone knows them.
EG is not fun, flagging does not exist, bd is worse than before as it is confusingly in pub and on top 90% of games are won due to lagouts.
Those actions have been done before and they have all failed, as people come, play, realize nothing has changed and it will be be even harder to get them back.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

TheCript
Level 6

Post by TheCript » July 10th, 2017, 4:52 am

Lee wrote:
July 10th, 2017, 1:24 am
Fix the reasons why the people left in first place, before inviting them back. Not gonna mention them again, everyone knows them.
EG is not fun, flagging does not exist, bd is worse than before as it is confusingly in pub and on top 90% of games are won due to lagouts.
Those actions have been done before and they have all failed, as people come, play, realize nothing has changed and it will be be even harder to get them back.
exactly this.

we should also have something proper planned for the montly veterans day; perhaps several teams with core (active) players that will battle each other with (different) returning veterans... im sure i can make a team with core players and im sure other players are willing to make their teams too... atleast we have something to look out for then
Fc> how old are you again?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?
Fc> you sure you didn't mistype and you actually wanted to type 14?

^^ the level of trolling fc is stuck at ^^

Combo
Level 3

Post by Combo » July 10th, 2017, 10:16 am

Lee wrote:
i havent play in years, i just came back 2 week ago.

what are those changes that need to be made?

there should be a option to stop the annoying messages of the bot. besides that what?

it will be fun once once you see old faces to play.

about thecript comment, totally agree the development team need to have something planned for that day, i wont get munch on that but they need to create something.

we have a big community i know people wont get on everyday since they have work and family but on weekend we shall see the activity going up.

is there a way to to connect to the game using your phone? i mean not for playing but the have acces to chat? if thats possible we could make a link in the email and they can get on thru their phone and chat. that will motivate them to download the game once they get home. idk just throwing up ideas.

RaeRae
EG Staff

Post by RaeRae » July 10th, 2017, 12:47 pm

We could host random things throughout the day as well. Have a schedule posted so people can come in for various activities, if they can't stay all day.

What flyers are you talking about? Like real life ones to try and attract new players? Or just an online ad, cause I'll just post something to facebook among other social platforms.
RaeRae*

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » July 11th, 2017, 12:57 am

Combo wrote:
July 10th, 2017, 10:16 am
Lee wrote:
i havent play in years, i just came back 2 week ago.

what are those changes that need to be made?

there should be a option to stop the annoying messages of the bot. besides that what?

it will be fun once once you see old faces to play.

about thecript comment, totally agree the development team need to have something planned for that day, i wont get munch on that but they need to create something.

we have a big community i know people wont get on everyday since they have work and family but on weekend we shall see the activity going up.

is there a way to to connect to the game using your phone? i mean not for playing but the have acces to chat? if thats possible we could make a link in the email and they can get on thru their phone and chat. that will motivate them to download the game once they get home. idk just throwing up ideas.
Yes it will be fun for a day and then reality will hit you. It is not like it'd be first time EG did something like this. If all would be fine, you would have played for last 2 years.

Combo
Level 3

Post by Combo » July 11th, 2017, 5:13 pm

im not losing anything trying to form something once a month.

Yesterday some of us joined in a group in the facebook messenger. Some of then even thought of downloading the game. DEnk,pointwhore,sly,spike,kace,x4000,sann,tek,yoshi, and a bunch more. i know tek did download the game just to see whats up.

so we CANT NOT DO SOMETHING once a month? Your talking for yourself i guess, in your experience you wont log into ss and play a match once a month with old fiends, that''s your point of view and i respect it. But we will try that option if that works alleluia if that don't work im sure some of them will stick around for a while and who knows maybe log in during the week.

i Do agree with you that the people in charge of the zone should think of something for those that show up. Im just waiting on a speech to start giving it some direction.

TheCript
Level 6

Post by TheCript » July 12th, 2017, 6:14 am

Combo wrote:
July 11th, 2017, 5:13 pm
im not losing anything trying to form something once a month.

Yesterday some of us joined in a group in the facebook messenger. Some of then even thought of downloading the game. DEnk,pointwhore,sly,spike,kace,x4000,sann,tek,yoshi, and a bunch more. i know tek did download the game just to see whats up.

so we CANT NOT DO SOMETHING once a month? Your talking for yourself i guess, in your experience you wont log into ss and play a match once a month with old fiends, that''s your point of view and i respect it. But we will try that option if that works alleluia if that don't work im sure some of them will stick around for a while and who knows maybe log in during the week.

i Do agree with you that the people in charge of the zone should think of something for those that show up. Im just waiting on a speech to start giving it some direction.
i hereby challenge you and the rest of those washed up veterans u just named, that once in a month me and the players that stayed will stomp u back into retirement ...

go get a team
Fc> how old are you again?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?
Fc> you sure you didn't mistype and you actually wanted to type 14?

^^ the level of trolling fc is stuck at ^^

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » July 12th, 2017, 6:17 am

There is nothing wrong with having a scheduled monthly field day. If this is the goal and it is actually coordinated and there is activity going on in zone at that time, all is fine and dandy.
If the goal is to get them actually playing again though, then inviting them back and telling them, that guess what, things have gone worse since u left makes really no sense.
What i am saying is that we have done mass-mailings before and results have been good. We have even been able to make people join up in leagues (i think a year or 2 ago or so eura and sentenal were both actually in league, but dropped out very fast). But probability of them rejoining the game for some activity will drop heavily based on each bad experience they get from the game. Campaigns like this are strong but exploiting them will only reduce the probability each time.
This has to be planned and people need to be on board with this and coordinating.

And i cannot talk about myself as i still play this game, not actively, but i do, never really quit, was not in eg for a year or so, but still played tw. But i am talking about players who really indeed quit and the reasons why they quit are still in the zone, nothing has changed.

gaZ
Level 5

Post by gaZ » July 12th, 2017, 8:10 am

I quit not because the game sucked, but because I had other obligations. If EG still had 300+ people online at all times, I don't think we'd be having this conversation Lee.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » July 12th, 2017, 2:37 pm

gaZ wrote:
July 12th, 2017, 8:10 am
I quit not because the game sucked, but because I had other obligations. If EG still had 300+ people online at all times, I don't think we'd be having this conversation Lee.
Sure, there are approximately 4 groups of vets not playing this game anymore:
a) those who basically just happened to get a life and quit gaming - most of my friends who used to play this game for example. Coe-l for example is soon to be 40 year old dad of 3 and does not play any games. They would have quit no matter what and there is nothing we can do about it.
b) those who still play, but other games.
They quit mainly because of 2 reasons -
1) eg was not suitable for their change of gaming habits. From my friends i can bring Alphard as an example, he still plays quite a bit, but just other things, because eg is dead when he can play (kid is sleeping). He occasionally pops to eg to discover it is as dead as always. This group would actually play more if zone would fix its flaws.
2) eg lost competitiveness - this group switched to other games originally like wow, cs and probably are still active gamers now. They would play more if there was competitiveness in zone. Most of combos list are probably here.
c) those who moved to tw. Not many in this group and as tw sort of lost it regarding competitiveness as well, many, who took this approach, have quit ss as well.
d) those who just got old and eg is just not suitable anymore if you are competitive. - this group still plays, but other games like strategy games or turn-based games, where reaction times and fast action are not required. I feel like dropping into this in a few years time.

Combo
Level 3

Post by Combo » July 12th, 2017, 4:11 pm

Like I said once a month. It will bring activity during the week but not so much.

We have attach right on Facebook with over 100 vets and we still adding people. Some of them are willing to try and remember old times.

I know what lee is saying and he is right in some stuff.

Won't say they all them are going to log on to schedule dates. I know some will.

SPIKE
Level 8

Post by SPIKE » July 14th, 2017, 2:10 pm

I would without a doubt be down to pop on eg for 2-3 hours and play a few pickups.

rk> i dont think coke kills
rk> maybe in longtime abuse

gaZ
Level 5

Post by gaZ » July 14th, 2017, 5:47 pm

SPIKE wrote:
July 14th, 2017, 2:10 pm
I would without a doubt be down to pop on eg for 2-3 hours and play a few pickups.
team gaylord

fiori
Level 3

Post by fiori » July 31st, 2017, 12:01 pm

Fix the lag problems and I'll "pop back in," once in a while as an anchor.

It's not fun when you're in top form and you have people plowing your mines and bombs then killing you because you base your technique on base %'s.

Skill shouldn't be based off whether or not you can guess & control people's latency. It's always been that way & it's just not fun. Sorry EG :mad:
-Sin

Julia
Level 6

Post by Julia » August 11th, 2017, 3:39 pm

I have to admit I still check this forum every 1-2 months just to keep up with things and perhaps out a naive hope that something would change and people would start playing again. I miss a lot of my subspace friends and think of them from time to time... But it's too hard to commit to things like leagues and squads at this point in my life. Something like an EG vet day would be appealing to me just to see some old faces again and doesn't come with any obligation to play or be available.

Innes-
Level 4

Post by Innes- » August 11th, 2017, 7:07 pm

We got older and moved on.

Some really fun times in EG and the forums :cry:
Zeohosting.co.uk, WebHosting, TeamSpeak Servers

AttackMonkeys
Level 5

Post by AttackMonkeys » August 11th, 2017, 7:29 pm

i really just log on to see bombed and make fun of bombed and thinking of bombed and chat with bombed i miss bombed
And now we grieve, cause now is gone

gaZ
Level 5

Post by gaZ » August 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

I still love Julia.

Return to “EG Forum”