EG is alive!

All Extreme Games and Subspace/Continuum related topics
Post Reply
BEASTED
Level 3
Posts: 219
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 10:14 am

EG is alive!

Post by BEASTED » October 21st, 2017, 9:27 pm

Ok, so my last post wasn't very constructive, and I've had a change of opinion since, Everyone who puts effort into keeping this zone alive does a great job, and instead of complaining and making no changes my self I decided to set out and make a change, and thats exactly what i did today...

Today i set out to get pub active again, it took about 6 hours but boy was it worth it!!! i think the best we reached was 12 v 12.

So ive noticed a few problems that need ironing out for this to actually work long term, once EG reaches more then 15 people in we need to turn the settings into pub day settings so that only freq 0 and 1 can be used, an issue we had early on in the game was having 5 people on freq 1 and 1 person on freq 0 and 7 people on freq 33. the issue here was that freq 33 can stack as many people as they like on their team up to 10 but freq 1 has to balance out with freq 0 so your stuck untill freq 0 gets 5 people so it pretty much killed the team thankfully Thoothrot came online and i asked him to open up the freqs for a bit to fix it, he did this and the problem ironed out then he changed the settings back.

the pub and bd need to be separated, this is the only way EG will be revived. in the current settings their can only ever be a BD game or a pub game going, its very unlikely that youll ever get both going at the same time, and it seems like the base duellers dont care about keeping this game alive as even when the teams where at 12v12 they where still trying to get players to join the BD freqs and kill the game ( honestly the game came close to dying 3/4 times but a pmed a few people asking them to come in i have to thank a few mods for helping out as well)

I think people dont realise that with BD the most your ever going to get is a 5v5, only 10 people can play while the rest sit out, so how do we ever expect the population to get better if we're limiting the game to base around a match that only 10 people can play? i have nothing against BD and love it my self but I think that we're also forgetting how important pub flagging is, today we had at least 40 different people play in this game over the 6 hours it took, (which is the most ive seen in forever ) even for old vets to pop on to check how EG is doing would bring them back in / make them more interested to instead of seeing only 10 people playing.

ok so heres whats wrong with the current flagging game:

4 flags works good, and so does only being able to pick up one flag - however if you kill a red and have a flag your self that flag gets Nueted (like a tk nuet tho so only your team can pick it up) this drags the game out and i noticed people would drop out at this point because you might have gotten to the FR of a base and then your flagger kills the red and youve basically gone through all that work just for the flag to get nueted, so you should be able to kill for multiple flags but not pick up more then one if thats possible.

another thing i noticed was when freq 0 cleared freq 1 , freq 1 would lose about 3/4 players and pretty much kill the game but i managed to convince a few to switch freqs to even it out and get the steam going again which worked - what i can suggest is an idea which trench wars currently use... if a team is un even the bot offers a money reward for someone from the stacked freq to go to the less populated freq... i think that would work greatly

another thing is the map, This map is average the base isn't that great and the early game build up is mainly played outside of the bases a mini base would be nice. i think removing the safe warp has already made a big difference and definitely helped out in getting people more involved in this match, the concept of only having two bases did seem to work however i think 4 would be perfect. ( i think we should have a vote on all the old bases and put the best voted top 4 bases in the map) but the size of the map is perfect, anything bigger would be too much for the population we currently have

the last thing id say for now is the people, even though we had a great game going a couple people tried to ruin it for everyone just because they wanted to base duel, such as creating a priv freq with 2/3 people and flanking a 12v12 game ( very annoying as you can imagine and is an attempt to kill the game) ... then the freq problem i mentioned above with stacking on freq 33...

I think today was proof that EG can be more active then it has been and isnt ready to die just yet, i think that some slight changes just need to be made, and if we implement these changes and keep it going hopefully when people come online to check how EG is doing just as i did, they will see a game going and take part and even come back to eg as an active player.

Sorry i know im rambling on and i hope what i said makes sense, its quite late here and i rushed this. but I'm really passionate about EG i love the pub i love BD and duelling i used to be one of the most active pub players, im not saying i know better then anyone else but i really think i know how we can get it more active again...

Edit : prox prize was a big help in getting this game started , i won a prize in one of those events think it's automatically hosted and getting a flag and using prox + bounty really got the initial stages of the game going, got 3/4 people out of spec trying to kill me, which then in turn started the base of a flagging game so this is something to think about as well
Last edited by BEASTED on October 21st, 2017, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

BEASTED
Level 3
Posts: 219
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 10:14 am

Re: EG is alive!

Post by BEASTED » October 21st, 2017, 9:39 pm

Oh and another important issue :

Baseduel is limited to good players... no one wants to play with the likes of cyclone and other noobies, but pub allows everyone to get involved and play no matter the level of skill and in fact it encourages those players to get better. i see everyone re-freq on cyclone and yes i am guilty of that from time to time but I still make the effort to play with him every now and then so he can improve. we're not going to get any new players nut vets wont play with anyone whos not good so we have to prioritise something that everyone and more people can play. BD and pub can co exist but not in the same arena
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

Glyde1
Level 3
Posts: 158
Joined: July 16th, 2011, 8:33 pm

Re: EG is alive!

Post by Glyde1 » October 21st, 2017, 10:08 pm

We never wanted BD in pub but if you take it out now it's going to die for good.

pocho
Level 3
Posts: 166
Joined: December 16th, 2012, 5:11 pm

Re: EG is alive!

Post by pocho » October 21st, 2017, 10:31 pm

enable 6v6, 7v7 and maybe 8v8 bd and makes bases for it

BEASTED
Level 3
Posts: 219
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 10:14 am

Re: EG is alive!

Post by BEASTED » October 21st, 2017, 10:43 pm

If Pub stays dead eventually BD will completely die. For longevity of this game we need to focus on the pub flagging, I agree BD is a big part of EG and at the moment a big factor in keeping e.g. Alive and maybe giving it a separate Arena isn't the only solution I have some other Suggestions:

1) Make it so that if a certain amount of players are in pub with a jackpot of 3 mill or over it automatically locks the private freqs so no one can Kill the flagging game by base duelling

2) we create a new flagging concept, basically mix base duel and pub together but this only happens during peak times when more then 10 people will be on with a certain jackpot aswell , so what happens is if their is more then 10 people on with a jackpot that reaches 5m once they finish the BD they all get placed back in pub freqs. And a huge flagging base is turned into a base duel base, it's the same concept as base duel except everyone can get envolved in the style of a flagging game , each team can get 1 flag and you either win by reaching the spawn of the other team or killing the other teams flagged and dropping it , but it would be an enclosed base so no flanking


I have plenty more ideas and can come up with more but I think these are good ideas? I know it won't be easy but I know it will work for sure
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

Kush
EG Staff
Posts: 63
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 10:34 pm

Re: EG is alive!

Post by Kush » October 21st, 2017, 11:38 pm

as for mods he has to thank - your welcome pal, anytime

mewtwo
Level 1
Posts: 18
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:57 pm

Re: EG is alive!

Post by mewtwo » October 22nd, 2017, 2:29 am

BEASTED wrote:
October 21st, 2017, 10:43 pm
If Pub stays dead eventually BD will completely die. For longevity of this game we need to focus on the pub flagging, I agree BD is a big part of EG and at the moment a big factor in keeping e.g. Alive and maybe giving it a separate Arena isn't the only solution I have some other Suggestions:

1) Make it so that if a certain amount of players are in pub with a jackpot of 3 mill or over it automatically locks the private freqs so no one can Kill the flagging game by base duelling

2) we create a new flagging concept, basically mix base duel and pub together but this only happens during peak times when more then 10 people will be on with a certain jackpot aswell , so what happens is if their is more then 10 people on with a jackpot that reaches 5m once they finish the BD they all get placed back in pub freqs. And a huge flagging base is turned into a base duel base, it's the same concept as base duel except everyone can get envolved in the style of a flagging game , each team can get 1 flag and you either win by reaching the spawn of the other team or killing the other teams flagged and dropping it , but it would be an enclosed base so no flanking


I have plenty more ideas and can come up with more but I think these are good ideas? I know it won't be easy but I know it will work for sure
LOL forced pub with newbs.

fuck that. no thx
leave as it CURRENTLY is just add prox to !buy

BEASTED
Level 3
Posts: 219
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 10:14 am

Re: EG is alive!

Post by BEASTED » October 22nd, 2017, 7:48 am

Kush wrote:
October 21st, 2017, 11:38 pm
as for mods he has to thank - your welcome pal, anytime
along with tooth, Ronan and gaz. yes
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

BEASTED
Level 3
Posts: 219
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 10:14 am

Re: EG is alive!

Post by BEASTED » October 22nd, 2017, 7:50 am

mewtwo wrote:
October 22nd, 2017, 2:29 am

LOL forced pub with newbs.

fuck that. no thx
leave as it CURRENTLY is just add prox to !buy
Sorry, who are you?

Youll never fill a private freq and if by a miracle you do it will surely be stacked and kill off the pub and end up in killing the game completely.
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

BEASTED
Level 3
Posts: 219
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 10:14 am

Re: EG is alive!

Post by BEASTED » October 22nd, 2017, 8:17 am

also i think his name is metroid prime or something, but he seems very adamant on killing the flagging game, he was apart of this flanking and one of the ring leaders in trying to stop it.

I think that we need to have another rule that any deliberate attempt to kill a pub game by an individual or individuals should result in a spec lock, and if continued a ban
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

Glyde1
Level 3
Posts: 158
Joined: July 16th, 2011, 8:33 pm

Re: EG is alive!

Post by Glyde1 » October 22nd, 2017, 10:14 am

The day BD became more popular than pub. BD should have been staffs top priority but it wasn't instead they tried to beat a dead horse in pub flagging. 99% e.g. activity has been leagues and BD during the week for the past 10 years. I love a little pub flagging but e.g. should have made pub flagging a second priority to BD 5 or so years ago when it mattered.

Hunt for Blood
Level 3
Posts: 133
Joined: April 9th, 2005, 7:05 am

Re: EG is alive!

Post by Hunt for Blood » October 22nd, 2017, 10:37 am

BEASTED wrote:
October 22nd, 2017, 8:17 am
also i think his name is metroid prime or something, but he seems very adamant on killing the flagging game, he was apart of this flanking and one of the ring leaders in trying to stop it.

I think that we need to have another rule that any deliberate attempt to kill a pub game by an individual or individuals should result in a spec lock, and if continued a ban
Eg is often killed when the other team is too stacked. So if killing eg was bannable I would probably get permaban since any freq I join will be superior to the other one in an instant
H4B
EGDLx Champ
2 EGFL wins (5 time finalist)
2 EGDL wins
1 BDL wins
Best new player at top 2005.
Nominee for best aggressive attacker 2009.

mewtwo
Level 1
Posts: 18
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:57 pm

Re: EG is alive!

Post by mewtwo » October 22nd, 2017, 10:41 am

BEASTED wrote:
October 22nd, 2017, 7:50 am
mewtwo wrote:
October 22nd, 2017, 2:29 am

LOL forced pub with newbs.

fuck that. no thx
leave as it CURRENTLY is just add prox to !buy
Sorry, who are you?

Youll never fill a private freq and if by a miracle you do it will surely be stacked and kill off the pub and end up in killing the game completely.
just gotta add !join 1 back. I was playing in that game it wasnt fun playing with newbs that didn't come at all when called/spammed/MAYDAY called.

having a proxed milker on either 0/1 would build a game very quickly imo.. just gotta add the !join 0/1 back (and not just because of a freq of 10 in priv) but forcing pub I'm guaranteed to uninstall fuck that nonsense its fine to have pub going im all for it if it's ENJOYABLE but don't force it upon us lol

BEASTED
Level 3
Posts: 219
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 10:14 am

Re: EG is alive!

Post by BEASTED » October 22nd, 2017, 11:26 am

mewtwo wrote:
October 22nd, 2017, 10:41 am
BEASTED wrote:
October 22nd, 2017, 7:50 am
mewtwo wrote:
October 22nd, 2017, 2:29 am

LOL forced pub with newbs.

fuck that. no thx
leave as it CURRENTLY is just add prox to !buy
Sorry, who are you?

Youll never fill a private freq and if by a miracle you do it will surely be stacked and kill off the pub and end up in killing the game completely.
just gotta add !join 1 back. I was playing in that game it wasnt fun playing with newbs that didn't come at all when called/spammed/MAYDAY called.

having a proxed milker on either 0/1 would build a game very quickly imo.. just gotta add the !join 0/1 back (and not just because of a freq of 10 in priv) but forcing pub I'm guaranteed to uninstall fuck that nonsense its fine to have pub going im all for it if it's ENJOYABLE but don't force it upon us lol
Fair point I'm not sayin it should be forced, I'm only saying that during an on going flagging game You shouldn't get people killing it with BD. Unfortunately untill vets realise that EG is back up and running with some activity we're going to be stuck with noobies but that goes for pub and BD... unless your playing prime time weekends mostly you get at least 1 noob on a team and that's all it takes to spoil the game
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

User avatar
Lee
Level 10
Posts: 6778
Joined: October 12th, 2002, 9:26 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: EG is alive!

Post by Lee » October 22nd, 2017, 1:47 pm

EG is flawed to core, no sudden urge of activity from random people will make any significant chance. Only things that really have boosted population at times have been well hosted and suitable leagues. Too bad even that is not on table anymore.
Why its flawed has been described many times as well, it takes a big change to change the course of ship and eg has no developers to make that change. Welcome to circle of inevitable slow death by suffocation.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

Lacoste
Level 6
Posts: 1740
Joined: December 27th, 2004, 10:59 pm
Location: Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Contact:

Re: EG is alive!

Post by Lacoste » October 30th, 2017, 11:53 am

Yo beasted.goodjob.also get screenshots of 12v12 next time so forum visitors can see active players etc.thankyou! I'll be back in April or before
Image
Eura> You have been The Most misunderstood player in EG history. Easily one of my top 10 players to flag with of all-time.
Travelling is my life

BEASTED
Level 3
Posts: 219
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 10:14 am

Re: EG is alive!

Post by BEASTED » November 9th, 2017, 5:19 pm

am i missing something? why is it a Thursday evening and not a single person is on? ... isn't their meant to be matches?
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

User avatar
GhostBusters
Level 4
Posts: 652
Joined: September 25th, 2011, 2:54 am
Location: Vancouver, WA

Re: EG is alive!

Post by GhostBusters » November 12th, 2017, 1:50 pm

It’s Alivvvvvvvvveeeeee!
Squads:DogTown, Next, ILL, Dancnfairy
EGFL 2012 Champion!

I like my guns just like obama likes his immigrants undocumented

Combo>We got this shit. gonna beat bombed so bad he will have to find a job for once in hes life.
boss>Im a attackers worst nightmare

User avatar
doomsy
Level 3
Posts: 291
Joined: June 21st, 2010, 3:42 am

Re: EG is alive!

Post by doomsy » November 12th, 2017, 6:01 pm

well good read but theres some element u probably had no knowledge about that i can clarify for u.

1 the 4 flags was made since the map is smaller and pop is too its also to reduce flag carrier and useless search.
2 the 1 flag per carrier was to prevent 1 flag carrier to carry them all and make this go boring and repetitive and add a little extra strategical aspect to the game.
3 in the game type u either get all flags get static flag or 1 per carrier, theres no other options for flag carrying/flagging mode
4 having 2 bases help making quick and easy to follow games, also theres supposed to have 2 fr in those bases ( base is cut in half for smaller team and open up for bigger team) but as i asked a door bot and explained that point it has yet to be done.
5 theres a variety of the top pub bases in arena ?go baselist and baselist2 , i selected the best to recreate my 2 fr ideas with a decent width/lenght
6 a mini isnt really a must since with how the middle area is, it brought back reccing/fraying.
7 bd always been a cancer but its the most fun game type cuz its ez and fast. we cant remove it due to the clear involvement it has in the game.

also all the good ideas u stated have all been tested/tried before and the new stuff wont be done ever cuz NO DEV so its plain and simple get dev or let this die
Image

1l
Level 1
Posts: 19
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 3:00 pm

Re: EG is alive!

Post by 1l » November 14th, 2017, 3:15 pm

One simple thing I would like changed is to change the settings so it doesn't start you in spec mode. Players should start in the game (like in TW and old chaos/other zones) unless they enter the zone with it already set to start in spec mode. This is pure psychology (current setup makes people to decide to enter and play vs having to decide to spec instead of playing by default) and even if the change causes just a few people a week to enter the zone and be in a ship already and decide to play it would be worth it IMO.

Lacoste
Level 6
Posts: 1740
Joined: December 27th, 2004, 10:59 pm
Location: Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Contact:

Re: EG is alive!

Post by Lacoste » November 16th, 2017, 7:01 am

1l wrote:
November 14th, 2017, 3:15 pm
One simple thing I would like changed is to change the settings so it doesn't start you in spec mode. Players should start in the game (like in TW and old chaos/other zones) unless they enter the zone with it already set to start in spec mode. This is pure psychology (current setup makes people to decide to enter and play vs having to decide to spec instead of playing by default) and even if the change causes just a few people a week to enter the zone and be in a ship already and decide to play it would be worth it IMO.
Agreed ,jeez fc been sleeping on sake? How come no one saw this before 0,0 1l 4 prez
Image
Eura> You have been The Most misunderstood player in EG history. Easily one of my top 10 players to flag with of all-time.
Travelling is my life

Post Reply

Return to “EG Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests