SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Extreme Games Fast Flagging League

Moderators: Lee, EEL

By Lee
Hey!

People have been asking me for my plan B incase signups fail and well I think we are close to that stage, too much time has passed. My proposal is following, as I have not had time to discuss this, any feedback is welcome:

We will skip the traditional squads and draft and focus on games themselves and play in sort of solo/pickup league 8v8 with same rules as for egffl (with 1 hour limit + other changes i proposed)

We will have 6 GMs or pairs of GMs (each GM can select his second in command, who can replace him as GM if he cannot show). Second in command is not something GM has to get, but if he does not get one and fails to show for his timeslot, he will lose the matchup. Each week will have 3 games. 2pm est, 3pm est and 4pm est. Gametimes will be rotated between GMs on weekly bases.

Each game will start with 2 GMs being made captains of pickup and rest is up to them. They can pick whoever they wish from players who show up for the match, no preregister needed. Only rule is that each player can only play maximum 2 matches per weekend (i want this rule to increase diversity of players who get gametime, but depending on showups, we may need to rethink this later). In addition, there will be penalties for players who do !lt to avoid playing for certain GM, which may result in their removal from league.

There will be 2 point systems. 1 for GMs and 1 for players.
For GMs, similar point system will apply as for EGFFL. Top 4 GMs enter playoff stage and top 2 will face off in finals.
For players, separate table will be hosted and each wins and losses counted. Top (x) players will be allowed to participate in playoffs (x yet to be determined). This rule is necessary for some vets not to just appear for semis, get picked and win league, active players during main season will be only allowed in playoffs.

So for we have 5 GMs, we need 1 more and we are good to go. Remember, each GM can pick co-captain who can also run pickup for him.
eel
beasted
thecript
monty
pat

Let me know what you think!
By TheCript
Lee wrote:
January 1st, 2018, 4:24 pm
Hey!

People have been asking me for my plan B incase signups fail and well I think we are close to that stage, too much time has passed. My proposal is following, as I have not had time to discuss this, any feedback is welcome:

We will skip the traditional squads and draft and focus on games themselves and play in sort of solo/pickup league 8v8 with same rules as for egffl (with 1 hour limit + other changes i proposed)

We will have 6 GMs or pairs of GMs (each GM can select his second in command, who can replace him as GM if he cannot show). Second in command is not something GM has to get, but if he does not get one and fails to show for his timeslot, he will lose the matchup. Each week will have 3 games. 2pm est, 3pm est and 4pm est. Gametimes will be rotated between GMs on weekly bases.

Each game will start with 2 GMs being made captains of pickup and rest is up to them. They can pick whoever they wish from players who show up for the match, no preregister needed. Only rule is that each player can only play maximum 2 matches per weekend (i want this rule to increase diversity of players who get gametime, but depending on showups, we may need to rethink this later). In addition, there will be penalties for players who do !lt to avoid playing for certain GM, which may result in their removal from league.

For GMs, similar point system will apply as for EGFFL. Top 4 GMs enter playoff stage and top 2 will face off in finals.
For players, separate table will be hosted and each wins and losses counted. Top (x) players will be allowed to participate in playoffs (x yet to be determined). This rule is necessary for some vets not to just appear for semis, get picked and win league, active players during main season will be only allowed in playoffs.

So for we have 5 GMs, we need 1 more and we are good to go. Remember, each GM can pick co-captain who can also run pickup for him.
eel
beasted
thecript
monty
pat

Code: Select all
no preregister needed. 
aliasers and game saboteurs incoming.
By Lee
TheCript wrote:
January 2nd, 2018, 5:24 am
Lee wrote:
Hey!

eel
beasted
thecript
monty
pat

no preregister needed. 
Doubt it, aliasing and saboteuring will be bannable offence anyways as always.
By PAT
tbh i like plan B better than plan A, if nobody else wants to GM and we need a 4 Gm league, i will volunteer to remove myself. I'm finite btw and will be using Finite
By TheCript
Lee wrote:
January 2nd, 2018, 5:57 am
TheCript wrote:
Lee wrote:
Hey!

eel
beasted
thecript
monty
pat

no preregister needed. 
playing eg aliased is bannable?

lets say i come online aliased to try and beat u(coz u have more points than me)... thats sabotaging the game but not bannable(im not giving away flags or some shit)
By Lee
TheCript wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 7:18 am
Lee wrote:
TheCript wrote:
Lee wrote:
Hey!

eel
beasted
thecript
monty
pat

no preregister needed. 

lets say i come online aliased to try and beat u(coz u have more points than me)... thats sabotaging the game but not bannable(im not giving away flags or some shit)
How will you get into game if you are aliased? This will only happen is showup during weekend is so bad that there are not enough known players available. Otherwise no GM would pick totally random aliased player for his team.
Aliasing in league has always been bannable offence (at least from league) Even in solo league, same rules still apply.
By TheCript
Lee wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 8:33 am
TheCript wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 7:18 am
Lee wrote:
TheCript wrote:
Lee wrote:
Hey!

eel
beasted
thecript
monty
pat

no preregister needed. 

How will you get into game if you are aliased? This will only happen is showup during weekend is so bad that there are not enough known players available. Otherwise no GM would pick totally random aliased player for his team.
Aliasing in league has always been bannable offence (at least from league) Even in solo league, same rules still apply.
so only registered players get to play?

if i know a 9vp player is playing aliased(only i know that), i could pick him as the last player and giving me a HUUUUGE advantage in the game(sabotaging)

will we allow aliased/unknown players to participate without registering??
By Lee
Sure, for 1 game. Next game everyone will want to pick him if he uses same alias.
Also your theory suggests this 9vp player does not care at all about making it to playoffs, which makes no sense in solo league.
By TheCript
Lee wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 2:12 pm
Sure, for 1 game. Next game everyone will want to pick him if he uses same alias.
Also your theory suggests this 9vp player does not care at all about making it to playoffs, which makes no sense in solo league.
okok, so u are trying to be optimistic now and hope it wont happen......

btw:
Only rule is that each player can only play maximum 2 matches per weekend (i want this rule to increase diversity of players who get gametime, but depending on showups, we may need to rethink this later).

annyytwaayy im stepping down from gm
By Lee
TheCript wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 2:45 pm
Lee wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 2:12 pm
okok, so u are trying to be optimistic now and hope it wont happen......

btw:
Only rule is that each player can only play maximum 2 matches per weekend (i want this rule to increase diversity of players who get gametime, but depending on showups, we may need to rethink this later).

annyytwaayy im stepping down from gm
Its not about being optimistic, its about why anyone would do that? You totally screw your chances of making it to playoffs in a solo league, if u do not use your main alias.

okey, any specific reason?
By TheCript
Its not about being optimistic, its about why anyone would do that? You totally screw your chances of making it to playoffs in a solo league, if u do not use your main alias. 
if people miss a few weeks they behind on points anyway, what stops them?

and if u already played two games on a sunday, u can alias to play again

or just people that like to alias in general......
i liked to gm in a regular draft, this set up is not my thing to draft every single sunday or let a co do it
By Lee
TheCript wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 3:32 pm

i liked to gm in a regular draft, this set up is not my thing to draft every single sunday or let a co do it
rofl, considering the population in EG, being down a few weeks means nothing. I do get that solo league concept is pretty new to the zone, but I still dont see any clear reason why anyone should just randomly alias. There are no real squads anymore, why would some 9vp just randomly help a person. Also, as I stated, all players will be alias checked and if any false play will be discovered, they will be punished, simple as that.

UNderstood about GM topic.
By EEL
Nice Lee,

Let me know if you need any help with anything drop me a message in game.

So we need 2 more GMS.
By TheCript
Lee wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 4:40 pm
TheCript wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 3:32 pm

rofl, considering the population in EG, being down a few weeks means nothing. I do get that solo league concept is pretty new to the zone, but I still dont see any clear reason why anyone should just randomly alias. There are no real squads anymore, why would some 9vp just randomly help a person. Also, as I stated, all players will be alias checked and if any false play will be discovered, they will be punished, simple as that.

UNderstood about GM topic.
if all players will get alias checked then they have to be registered before playing right??.....

u once again underestimate the patheticness of players thinking they wont alias coz of the low population, high or low vp, it doesnt matter... u can sabotage the game in any way if u can alias
By Lee
Monty Python wrote:
January 10th, 2018, 8:51 pm
whens draft?
no draft, just show up on Sunday
By RaeRae
monty lol

3pm and 4pm est. there's a thread that says 'official schedule' my dear
By BEASTED
will this new format work with 4 teams?

i Agreed to GM the last format because it was meant to kick off in December and end by mid February? this suited my time schedule and i was in the country but with this already being so delayed it will most likely clash with my schedule now. I plan on being in duabai for a few months starting from the end of Feb so i will be useless at GMing, i will have access to computer / laptop... but the main problem here is that Dubai is +9 hrs ahead so every game for me will be starting at around 1 Am, not practical so ill basically be unable to do much for league apart from play the odd game here and there
By Monty Python
RaeRae wrote:
January 12th, 2018, 11:48 am
monty lol

3pm and 4pm est. there's a thread that says 'official schedule' my dear
true, but I wanted it first hand darling.
By Lee
BEASTED wrote:
January 13th, 2018, 11:06 am
will this new format work with 4 teams?

i Agreed to GM the last format because it was meant to kick off in December and end by mid February? this suited my time schedule and i was in the country but with this already being so delayed it will most likely clash with my schedule now. I plan on being in duabai for a few months starting from the end of Feb so i will be useless at GMing, i will have access to computer / laptop... but the main problem here is that Dubai is +9 hrs ahead so every game for me will be starting at around 1 Am, not practical so ill basically be unable to do much for league apart from play the odd game here and there
Dont worry about that
EG Player Gallery

Instagram is @TerrencePaz

rip EG

Hello.

Lul I'm all for new leagues they just can't involv[…]

Worst idea ever!!

This is what happens when you let someone take ove[…]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!