SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Extreme Games Fast Flagging League

Moderators: Lee, EEL

By Lee
We will definitely not have draft this weekend. Havent been able to send out mass emails and signups have been slow. We will continue preparing for league and hopefully get pickups ready with arena and new settings soon, but draft will most probably take place after holidays.

Lee
By BEASTED
makes sense, Perfectly understandable. Thanks again lee!
By RaeRae
That's a good call. Holidays always fuck up population and the momentum of leagues. We'll still keep pushing for signups!
By TheCript
ok, now lets get realistic and think about what plan B is, coz we wont get 6 squads * 8vs8 (twice) on sundays
By EEL
Maybe we should consider 6 squads, 6vs6, same settings as lee is requesting with a total of 84 signups that would get each team 14 per roster.

We would only be looking at 56 more signups.
By Lee
EEL wrote:
December 14th, 2017, 11:12 pm
Maybe we should consider 6 squads, 6vs6, same settings as lee is requesting with a total of 84 signups that would get each team 14 per roster.

6vs6 needs different setup, also we don't have nearly enough for that league as well. I would rather play 8v8 with 4 squads or just bd league with maybe larger bases with 6v6. In the end I will decide once we know more or less on volumes.
By EEL
Lee wrote:
December 15th, 2017, 4:17 pm
EEL wrote:

6vs6 needs different setup, also we don't have nearly enough for that league as well. I would rather play 8v8 with 4 squads or just bd league with maybe larger bases with 6v6. In the end I will decide once we know more or less on volumes.
what different setup for the 6vs6? I think of 6vs6 and i think it requires more skill idk maybe I'm crazy...
By Lee
EEL wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 2:42 am
Lee wrote:
EEL wrote:

what different setup for the 6vs6? I think of 6vs6 and i think it requires more skill idk maybe I'm crazy...
you cannot have normal flagging game with 2 bases and dropped flags with 6v6. This means at all times it will be 5v6 at either base, that is totally different case with 7v8 although in that format taking base became harder vs original 9v10 flagging. Smaller the number, more quantity of players matters.
Ever baseduelled with 1 man down, 99% of games end with the team with MORE people winning. At some point pure quantity will overcome quality, especially now as the teams will most likely be pretty equal in strength and no real newbies around anymore.
By TheCript
Lee wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 3:41 am
EEL wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 2:42 am
Lee wrote:
EEL wrote:

you cannot have normal flagging game with 2 bases and dropped flags with 6v6. This means at all times it will be 5v6 at either base, that is totally different case with 7v8 although in that format taking base became harder vs original 9v10 flagging. Smaller the number, more quantity of players matters.
Ever baseduelled with 1 man down, 99% of games end with the team with MORE people winning. At some point pure quantity will overcome quality, especially now as the teams will most likely be pretty equal in strength and no real newbies around anymore.
you always say this and you never listen....

i actually think it does suit the current format u put up especially with the pointsystem put in place
Code: Select all
Fast flagging concept:
gametimes limited with 1 hour, winning points vary depending on how game was won
5 points - team wins (drops all flags) before 30 minute mark
4 points - team wins (drops all flags) between 30 and 60 minutes
3 points - team wins by having more flags in possession at 60 minute mark (either dropped or carried)
if its so hard to take enemy base when its full D (5vs6) then the winning is rewarded with more points....

and adjust make sure the bases have easier FR's and smaller bases in general....
By Lee
Hey!

We managed to send out email blast, so lets see if any old players would like to play.
By BEASTED
Lee wrote:
December 21st, 2017, 4:12 pm
Hey!

We managed to send out email blast, so lets see if any old players would like to play.
sure it worked lee? ive yet to receive any email
By TheCript
BEASTED wrote:
December 25th, 2017, 11:49 am
Lee wrote:
December 21st, 2017, 4:12 pm
Hey!

sure it worked lee? ive yet to receive any email
me neither
By RaeRae
rek said he sent out like 2500. Check your spam maybe?
By BEASTED
ive checked junk/spam/all folders/inbox/outbox/xbox/text box still no post
By TheCript
BEASTED wrote:
December 26th, 2017, 10:28 am
ive checked junk/spam/all folders/inbox/outbox/xbox/text box still no post
received mine, was in spam

email title;
Merry Christmas! Come Visit Us! New League!
By EEL
Only real EG Vets got the email. I got it..
By doomsy
i remember holidays being the busiest part of the year cuz every1 was in vacation. now after a month of inactivity i open up SS and find out 22 players in eg... on those 22 10 r fake and 12 r specced in pub.

i doubt anything will happen to eg and even less a league happening.
its sad but its true, time to let go imo.
By DaZZ!
EEL wrote:
December 26th, 2017, 7:29 pm
Only real EG Vets got the email. I got it..
Ohh... Yes, I got it as well! In fact I got two emails, making me 2 x the regular EG Vet.
By Lee
2 updates really:
my family situation has made it more or less impossible for me to play eg at the moment, so it also makes it impossible to host anything properly.
also, there seems to be really 0 interest in the zone from players, shame, was a good run, cu around.
By stewie
i think i've seen this cycle at least 10 times with Lee. he is very enthusiastic to host and start a new league with his own convoluted complicated idea, gets everyone hyped then completely drops it randomly and dumps it on someone else's lap

i remember posting about this a while back so i did some searching and this is what i found i posted in one of lee's complicated league threads in september 2015
staff tread VERY carefully when letting lee control things. he often has good ideas but fails to execute them because a random ... asking toothrot to put in countless hours of coding and development, only to drop the entire league and call it quits because he couldn't find suitable squad ...
it's gotten comical at this point. yes obviously league is going to fail when the main coordinator who is the only one who knows what tf is going on completely disappears after losing their initial burst of motivation
By Lee
stewie wrote:
February 1st, 2018, 7:11 pm
i think i've seen this cycle at least 10 times with Lee. he is very enthusiastic to host and start a new league with his own convoluted complicated idea, gets everyone hyped then completely drops it randomly and dumps it on someone else's lap

i remember posting about this a while back so i did some searching and this is what i found i posted in one of lee's complicated league threads in september 2015
staff tread VERY carefully when letting lee control things. he often has good ideas but fails to execute them because a random ... asking toothrot to put in countless hours of coding and development, only to drop the entire league and call it quits because he couldn't find suitable squad ...
it's gotten comical at this point. yes obviously league is going to fail when the main coordinator who is the only one who knows what tf is going on completely disappears after losing their initial burst of motivation
First of all, you must be complete moron to consider this league idea complicated, its the most easiest league ever to play in, just show up on Sunday, get picked and voila, you are in league.
Secondly, I have dropped out exactly 1 time from hosting league before and that was the tw-style league a few years ago. That league was also not complicated, but there was very limited interest towards it from squadleaders, so it was not worth to move on, me not finding a squad? wtf
I do admit being wrong on the process though, should have confirmed the interest before actually starting to develop it.
Last but not least, i cannot control my 1 year and 3 year old kid and their sleeping time unfortunately, if they young one just decided on the day I announced the league to start going to sleep 2 hours later. If i cannot be online during league, I see no point in hosting it. Its a shame as i do believe having solo leauge is pretty much only way you can have flagging still in eg.
Also I only volunteered hosting it as i got the idea that eel will be the active counterpart who has more time and generally feedback was very positive, but in reality, interest has been poor in this. Completely separate case from 2015.
But anyways, you can go fuck yourself.
By EEL
so RIP EG? Anyone tired of playing these other games?
By EEL
so eeli wins back2back league's and runs all the "vets" away.

I KILLED EG

GRID GODS OUT
By poemZX_
Eg will never die. Just gotta organize better
By RaeRae
Poem if you want powers, I'll gladly give them to you.

But that's the problem, most of the time it's "SOMEBODY has got to do something" not "I'm going to do something". I was literally leaving my family's dinner on Sundays to tend to EG leagues/pickup. Sometimes I had to bring my laptop to the dinner table. You know how fucked that is in the scheme of things? Which is why I was so stoked for Lee/Eel to take over this next league. Since that died out relatively fast, no one else has stepped up.
By Hunt for Blood
Draft still postponed?

Kappa

Was dicking around on Youtube and saw a vid talkin[…]

International freqs

USA EAST: world, owens, bombed USA WEST: EUROPE EA[…]

Hi Heath

The Future of EG

So why did FC bother taking this on, seems like th[…]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!