Post by Lee » December 4th, 2017, 1:36 pm

Draft league
6GMs
8v8
15 flags
no balls
4 different bases
2 games per weekend
each team plays 2 times with home and away advantage (home team can choose base and gets anchor warped to base in beginning of base)
top 4 teams make it to playoffs
order is decided by points
tiebreaker - bonuspoints (can be achieved by playing baseduels over week + using variety of players over weekend)

Fast flagging concept:
gametimes limited with 1 hour, winning points vary depending on how game was won
5 points - team wins (drops all flags) before 30 minute mark
4 points - team wins (drops all flags) between 30 and 60 minutes
3 points - team wins by having more flags in possession at 60 minute mark (either dropped or carried)

Schedule:
Signups in December
Draft 17th of December
Preseason - during Christmas and New Years - testing the new gamestyle, no roster rules apply.
Season schedule:
Gametimes:
1 - 2pm est
2 - 2.3pm pm est
3 - 3pm est
4 - 3.30 pm est
5 - 4pm est
6 - 4.30 pm est
Home team listed first

Week 1 (7th of january)
1 A vs F
2 B vs D
3 C vs E
4 D vs A
5 E vs F
6 C vs B

Week 2 (14 of January)
1 D vs C
2 F vs B
3 A vs E
4 F vs D
5 B vs E
6 C vs A

Week 3 (21st of January)
1 E vs D
2 A vs B
3 C vs F
4 D vs B
5 E vs C
6 F vs A

Week 4 (28th of January)
1 B vs C
2 F vs E
3 A vs D
4 B vs F
5 E vs A
6 C vs D

Week 5 (4th of February)
1 E vs B
2 A vs C
3 D vs F
4 B vs A
5 F vs C
6 D vs E

Semifinals (best of 3) (11th of February)
1 Tier 2 vs Tier 3
2 Tier 1 vs Tier 4
3 Tier 2 vs Tier 3
4 Tier 1 vs Tier 4
5 Tier 2 vs Tier 3 (if needed)
6 Tier 1 vs Tier 4 (if needed)

Finals
3 Top remaining tier vs low
4 Top remaining tier vs low
5 Top remaining tier vs low (if needed)

How to earn tiebreaker bonus points?
a) people in roster play public baseduel arena and post wins to forum (each win per player = 1 point, so for example if 4 man full squad freq wins = 4 points) Only duels that have at least 3 points played count (so no 1-0 2-0 lagout wins). Duels that are won by lagout but negative score do not count.
b) playing as many players as possible during weekend scheduled games (each player on top of 8 will earn 5 points, so for example if team will play 8 players in game 1 without subs and in next game uses 2 other players, they will receive 10 points). Subs will be counted if they play at least 51% of gametime.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

BEASTED
Level 3

Re: EGFFL explained

Post by BEASTED » December 4th, 2017, 6:45 pm

Hi Lee, Thanks a lot for this appreciate you taking the time to organise this for us!

my only concern so far is the fact that the game potentially could be decided right at the beginning, by whom ever collects the most flags and maintains them for 60 mins.
if your team happens to get more flags then the other team, you could just do a full defence for 60 mins, with a 1 man advantage, yes you would be playing for less points but this seems like a good tactical move if you know the team your facing has a better line up..

maybe its a tie game and each team gets a single point if no one wins within the 60 mins?
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

Tryo
Level 3

Post by Tryo » December 4th, 2017, 7:49 pm

That is when the team with less flags can abandon their base and full attack to try to swap bases and get more flags.

Beginning of the game you can also allocate more than 2 to 3 people to collect flags and try to avoid being down flags.

Glyde1
Level 3

Post by Glyde1 » December 4th, 2017, 8:58 pm

Obviously this is a rare thing but what if teams are tied after an hour because of a neut?

poemZX_
Level 6

Post by poemZX_ » December 5th, 2017, 12:24 am

This is cool. Also i like what it will potentially so to standings and how they shape up near playoff time. Its gonna lead to some interesting matchups and play styles because of all the different scenarios that can happen in the standings.
I dont quit on you. You dont quit on me. We're a team.

pocho
Level 3

Post by pocho » December 5th, 2017, 1:13 am

thanks for your time lee, but i think this idea has 1 big issue. and its the fact that whatever teams ends up with most flags at start would just have to full d to win the match and that is very easy and gay

rabbit!
Level 2

Post by rabbit! » December 5th, 2017, 1:34 am

pocho wrote:
December 5th, 2017, 1:13 am
thanks for your time lee, but i think this idea has 1 big issue. and its the fact that whatever teams ends up with most flags at start would just have to full d to win the match and that is very easy and gay
Pretty sure Lee forgot to mention in his post playing requirements where you have to play "X" amount of low tier players, which would make it hard to just play full defence with 3 low tier players and hold for a full hour.

Odds are enemy team will have more than one chance to rush flags in FR.

If they dont, too bad, they lose.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » December 5th, 2017, 3:37 am

pocho wrote:
You make it sound like full defense is something that is very easily executed. With no balls to fr and nme team who will take full risks (taking also fr to nme, which would not happen in current gameplay), if team can actually hold base for an hour, they deserve 3 points. Then again, maybe they would prefer 5 points and actually also take nme base. I think 2 extra points is pretty nice incentive, especially in later phases.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » December 5th, 2017, 3:40 am

rabbit! wrote:
December 5th, 2017, 1:34 am
pocho wrote:
Pretty sure Lee forgot to mention in his post playing requirements where you have to play "X" amount of low tier players, which would make it hard to just play full defence with 3 low tier players and hold for a full hour.

Odds are enemy team will have more than one chance to rush flags in FR.

If they dont, too bad, they lose.
No tiers this league, but teams can earn tiebreaker points if they use bigger variety of players.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » December 5th, 2017, 3:42 am

Glyde1 wrote:
December 4th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Obviously this is a rare thing but what if teams are tied after an hour because of a neut?
Good point, will think about it, although it should pretty rare, but could happen.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » December 5th, 2017, 3:44 am

BEASTED wrote:
December 4th, 2017, 6:45 pm
Hi Lee, Thanks a lot for this appreciate you taking the time to organise this for us!

my only concern so far is the fact that the game potentially could be decided right at the beginning, by whom ever collects the most flags and maintains them for 60 mins.
if your team happens to get more flags then the other team, you could just do a full defence for 60 mins, with a 1 man advantage, yes you would be playing for less points but this seems like a good tactical move if you know the team your facing has a better line up..

maybe its a tie game and each team gets a single point if no one wins within the 60 mins?
Naah, ties are so boring, there have been so many games, where both teams are essentially okey with tie, which means that gameplay will be that whenever team gets near fr, other team backs out and goes and flanks. BUt if 1 team knows they will lose, they will take more risks, bases will be taken more and gameplay will be more offence oriented.

BEASTED
Level 3

Post by BEASTED » December 5th, 2017, 6:05 am

Lee wrote:
December 5th, 2017, 3:44 am
BEASTED wrote:
December 4th, 2017, 6:45 pm

Naah, ties are so boring, there have been so many games, where both teams are essentially okey with tie, which means that gameplay will be that whenever team gets near fr, other team backs out and goes and flanks. BUt if 1 team knows they will lose, they will take more risks, bases will be taken more and gameplay will be more offence oriented.

hmm, fair enough :) thanks for explaining.
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

Black Boy
Level 3

Post by Black Boy » December 5th, 2017, 11:55 am

excited for league and new format. just worried about signups. having 6 teams with 8 who can show every sunday will be a challenge

RaeRae
EG Staff

Post by RaeRae » December 5th, 2017, 12:21 pm

Thanks for the write up! I'll start creating some ads for it to get out there, and I've asked fc to update the wording on the signup bot so we can start using that as a resource as well.

I would start thinking of maps, bases, etc. next so I can get those uploaded and we can test things out.
RaeRae*

PAT
Level 7

Post by PAT » December 6th, 2017, 1:55 am

That is my main concern. Since this is a timed league, I feel like the bases should be a bit shorter than typical EGFL bases. Not like drastically shorter but somewhat like one or two tunnels shorter? Also can we make sure there isn't one base that is superior to the rest like the last couple leagues have been set up with?

Thanks for hosting league Lee. Leeagues are always my favorite!
Ominous> i might spec help
Ominous> haven't decided yet
Ominous> i may have more g matters to attend to
BOMBED> you'll prolly fuck that up
BOMBED> just go afk or something
1:eel> ray j's dick was fucking eneourmous
1:qs> man i havent had female interaction in about a year

jaXen
Level 6

Post by jaXen » December 6th, 2017, 2:14 am

PAT wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 1:55 am
That is my main concern. Since this is a timed league, I feel like the bases should be a bit shorter than typical EGFL bases. Not like drastically shorter but somewhat like one or two tunnels shorter? Also can we make sure there isn't one base that is superior to the rest like the last couple leagues have been set up with?

That’s a good point. I also think the FR shouldn’t be ridiculously hard to take to make it more interesting too. I’m sure it will take some tinkering to make it so that it’s not too much back and forth but also not too hard to take FR.
Aliases: AfghaN, jaXeN, mvp

TheCript
Level 6

Post by TheCript » December 6th, 2017, 6:24 am

jaXen wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 2:14 am
PAT wrote:

That’s a good point. I also think the FR shouldn’t be ridiculously hard to take to make it more interesting too. I’m sure it will take some tinkering to make it so that it’s not too much back and forth but also not too hard to take FR.
if we are going to make bases more simple, and especially the FR u are talking about

we should make the league 6vs6 instead of 8vs8, coz we wont get 3 * 8vs8 sundays....

i like it that Lee is optimistic, but lets stay realistic.... Lee's argument against the change from 8vs8 to 6vs6 is coz it wont be flagging anymore...

what he says is subjective and he based it only on the fact that its almost impossible to take base 5vs6 when its full D, that shouldnt be as big a problem when bases are made more simple, esp. FR's
Fc> how old are you again?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?
Fc> you sure you didn't mistype and you actually wanted to type 14?

^^ the level of trolling fc is stuck at ^^

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » December 6th, 2017, 8:21 am

PAT wrote:

Hey!

Yes that i agree, bases should be a bit shorter and i absolutely always have hated narrow and hard to take FRs. Question, are there any map-makers in EG left? Because if not, we have to rely with old maps and old bases.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » December 6th, 2017, 8:27 am

TheCript wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 6:24 am
jaXen wrote:
PAT wrote:

if we are going to make bases more simple, and especially the FR u are talking about

we should make the league 6vs6 instead of 8vs8, coz we wont get 3 * 8vs8 sundays....

i like it that Lee is optimistic, but lets stay realistic.... Lee's argument against the change from 8vs8 to 6vs6 is coz it wont be flagging anymore...

what he says is subjective and he based it only on the fact that its almost impossible to take base 5vs6 when its full D, that shouldnt be as big a problem when bases are made more simple, esp. FR's
6v6 is NOT flagging with dropped flags, any similar team can hold 5 against 6 with full defense. It is not so with 7v8, where u can still take. If we would use this format and count dropped flags, it will happen that team will get more flags and just full defend and their base cannot be taken. Sure, if we use very wide and short bases, but that is already totally different approach.

I totally agree that 6v6 would be optimal freq size with current population, but it will not suit this format, but rather onebase or turf style. Both of those will eventually need development, which we cannot do, so lets forget about it for now.

So in this case, it will indeed happen that team that grabs more flags will full defend and perhaps in the end with equal numbers, other team can take.

TheCript
Level 6

Post by TheCript » December 6th, 2017, 10:20 am

Lee wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 8:27 am
TheCript wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 6:24 am
jaXen wrote:
PAT wrote:

6v6 is NOT flagging with dropped flags, any similar team can hold 5 against 6 with full defense. It is not so with 7v8, where u can still take. If we would use this format and count dropped flags, it will happen that team will get more flags and just full defend and their base cannot be taken. Sure, if we use very wide and short bases, but that is already totally different approach.

I totally agree that 6v6 would be optimal freq size with current population, but it will not suit this format, but rather onebase or turf style. Both of those will eventually need development, which we cannot do, so lets forget about it for now.

So in this case, it will indeed happen that team that grabs more flags will full defend and perhaps in the end with equal numbers, other team can take.
i actually think it does suit the current format u put up especially with the pointsystem put in place

Code: Select all

Fast flagging concept:
gametimes limited with 1 hour, winning points vary depending on how game was won
5 points - team wins (drops all flags) before 30 minute mark
4 points - team wins (drops all flags) between 30 and 60 minutes
3 points - team wins by having more flags in possession at 60 minute mark (either dropped or carried)
if its so hard to take enemy base when its full D (5vs6) then the winning is rewarded with more points....

anyway, what will we do when we dont get enough signups? how are u planning to adjust the league? make it 4 squads 8v8? or maybe do go 6 squads 6v6 with other kind of bases?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » December 6th, 2017, 12:41 pm

I haven't really started promoting the league yet. Over next week I hope we can send email blast (rek is working on it) and I will spam every active player in SS. If that does not work then I will go for plan B

b_l
Level 3

Post by b_l » December 6th, 2017, 9:38 pm

Lee wrote:
December 5th, 2017, 3:42 am
Glyde1 wrote:
December 4th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Good point, will think about it, although it should pretty rare, but could happen.
maybe, team to grab neut first after 60min mark gets the win.
IGN: BLOOD LINE, pao, GOOD NIGHT

TheCript
Level 6

Post by TheCript » December 7th, 2017, 6:00 am

Lee wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 12:41 pm
I haven't really started promoting the league yet. Over next week I hope we can send email blast (rek is working on it) and I will spam every active player in SS. If that does not work then I will go for plan B
maybe u should ask us what we think about plan B, since we will be playing it too
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?

Monty Python
Level 6

Post by Monty Python » December 10th, 2017, 3:46 pm

sounds interesting, new & fun.

thanks for your effort Lee.

devy
Level 1

Post by devy » December 11th, 2017, 2:44 pm

I like the idea, worth trying it out!

Just a consideration regarding scheduling. Look at week 2.
Team C plays at 2pm and at 4:30pm. They have to wait at least 1.5 hours, maybe even up to 2.5 hours if they are quick or the other team doesnt show up.
Team F plays at 2.30pm and 3.30pm. 0 minutes break.

Suggestion:
Start the first 3 matches e.g. at 2:30 - 2:45pm, the other 3 matches at 4:00 - 4:15pm. No long waiting, but at least a little break for everyone.

Another concern:
If a team doesnt win after 30 minutes, the then losing team will go full offense and the game will become a bit chaotic. If they take all flags a few minutes later, maybe 4 good players could pick up the flags and use the flag bonus to defend. The attacking team will not have any chance to win and might give up. If only dropped flags would count, there would be more tactical considerations e.g. not grabbing flags too early so the other team doesnt have enough time to take them back with their full offense.

Monty Python
Level 6

Post by Monty Python » December 16th, 2017, 3:02 pm

am I missing something, or will it be way more easier tow in some bd during the week and get away with more points then u get from winning ur weekend matches under 30mins?! bd > flagging?

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » December 16th, 2017, 3:24 pm

Monty Python wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 3:02 pm
am I missing something, or will it be way more easier tow in some bd during the week and get away with more points then u get from winning ur weekend matches under 30mins?! bd > flagging?
Weekly bd points and extra points for playing with more players are for tiebreakers. Main table will have only points for weekend scheduled games.

BEASTED
Level 3

Post by BEASTED » December 17th, 2017, 11:55 am

Lee wrote:
December 4th, 2017, 1:36 pm
How to earn tiebreaker bonus points?
a) people in roster play public baseduel arena and post wins to forum (each win per player = 1 point, so for example if 4 man full squad freq wins = 4 points) Only duels that have at least 3 points played count (so no 1-0 2-0 lagout wins). Duels that are won by lagout but negative score do not count.
So how would you prevent team's cheating on purpose? if your 2-0 down you might aswell 'lag out' change tactics / players and try again.

If you start a duel its your responsibility to make sure you and your teams lag is in check, so I think even lag outs should count.

its hardly ever the server that will cause you to lag out randomly without any prior notice.
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

Return to “EGFFL 2018”