Next League

Extreme Games Fast Flagging League

Moderators: Lee, EEL

EEL
Level 8

Next League

Post by EEL » November 24th, 2017, 10:01 pm

Next league should allow squadleader to recruit 5 players and draft the rest. Would be something new..

I don't think Lee ever shared his idea for next league
Grid

Black Boy
Level 3

Re: Next League

Post by Black Boy » November 25th, 2017, 7:31 am

you mean like flagging? or a bd format?

TheCript
Level 6

Post by TheCript » November 25th, 2017, 7:55 am

each player should get their individual score;

every sunday there are pickups (flagging at first, the rest of the players get picked in bd teams),

each player gets points for wins...

at the end the top 2 players get to draft their final two teams... these 2 teams play the final

--edit--

top 2 players get to draft their team from the top 16 players
Fc> how old are you again?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?
Fc> you sure you didn't mistype and you actually wanted to type 14?

^^ the level of trolling fc is stuck at ^^

RaeRae
EG Staff

Post by RaeRae » November 25th, 2017, 1:23 pm

I might take a break hosting leagues, just personal burnout, but will give anyone who wants to host one power to do so.
RaeRae*

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » November 25th, 2017, 1:32 pm

EEL wrote:
November 24th, 2017, 10:01 pm
Next league should allow squadleader to recruit 5 players and draft the rest. Would be something new..

I had to share something? i have posted so many ideas we could try, i have really lost count.
If i would pick one, the fast-flagging would do as we just had (are having) bd tournament
set gametimer to 1 hour and change winning conditions:
if team wins within 30 minutes (gets all flags and drops) before 30 mins = 5 points
if team wins within 31-60 minutes (gets all flags and drops before 60 mins = 4 points
if teams wins by having more flags acquired by the end of 60 minutes (has at least 51% of all flags either dropped or held at exactly 60 minute mark) = 3 points
loser gets 0
Set flagcount to 15 for example or any uneven amount.
Host 2 games per weekend, with 1 hour timer u can now.
At least 6 teams.
Would prefer draft format with tiers based on round picked = top tier everyone among top 50% of all picks, low tier = everyone else. Each game would require at least 3 low tiers in game to make league more fun.
Remove balls to make anchor chokes more likely.
Each team would play each other twice, top 4 make it to playoffs.
Week can be used for earning money that can give you benefits during weekend games. Each bd won by player on roster = 1 point (so 4 player freq winning will give 4 points to respected squads).
You can buy stuff for that money at weekends, for example = fr anchor priced and warped to base of your choice = 30 points, random player warped to base of choice = 20 points, allow playing with only 2 low vp players = 50 points etc.
Those of course need to be adjusted accordingly.
Bases should be 4 and unique in features not mirrored same bases, so weekly points could really give advantage to some extent.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

EEL
Level 8

Post by EEL » November 25th, 2017, 7:39 pm

Lee wrote:
November 25th, 2017, 1:32 pm
EEL wrote:

I had to share something? i have posted so many ideas we could try, i have really lost count.
If i would pick one, the fast-flagging would do as we just had (are having) bd tournament
if team wins within 30 minutes (gets all flags and drops) before 30 mins = 5 points
if team wins within 31-60 minutes (gets all flags and drops before 60 mins = 4 points
if teams wins by having more flags acquired by the end of 60 minutes (has at least 51% of all flags either dropped or held at exactly 60 minute mark) = 3 points
loser gets 0
At least 6 teams.
Would prefer draft format with tiers based on round picked = top tier everyone among top 50% of all picks, low tier = everyone else. Each game would require at least 3 low tiers in game to make league more fun.
Week can be used for earning money that can give you benefits during weekend games. Each bd won by player on roster = 1 point (so 4 player freq winning will give 4 points to respected squads).
You can buy stuff for that money at weekends, for example = fr anchor priced and warped to base of your choice = 30 points, random player warped to base of choice = 20 points, allow playing with only 2 low vp players = 50 points etc.
Bases should be 4 and unique in features not mirrored same bases, so weekly points could really give advantage to some extent.
I think this would be ideal

loser gets 0
At least 6 teams.

To not make things complicated remove

Grid

EEL
Level 8

Post by EEL » November 25th, 2017, 7:40 pm

Would you need help setting that up?
Grid

EEL
Level 8

Post by EEL » November 25th, 2017, 7:43 pm

TheCript wrote:
November 25th, 2017, 7:55 am

every sunday there are pickups (flagging at first, the rest of the players get picked in bd teams),

at the end the top 2 players get to draft their final two teams... these 2 teams play the final

--edit--

Kind of like what TW has going on with TSL copy cat
Grid

TheCript
Level 6

Post by TheCript » November 25th, 2017, 8:23 pm

EEL wrote:
November 25th, 2017, 7:43 pm
TheCript wrote:
November 25th, 2017, 7:55 am

--edit--

Kind of like what TW has going on with TSL copy cat
never got into TSL, but so be it...
eg has come to a point where squads are too difficult to manage coz core players cant make it to games
with this system the best players will eventually get to the top and have bragging rights without being dependent of other players in their squad

and most importantly; everyone gets to play, coz u can have infinite bd matches
Fc> how old are you again?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?
Fc> you sure you didn't mistype and you actually wanted to type 14?

^^ the level of trolling fc is stuck at ^^

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » November 26th, 2017, 7:46 am

EEL wrote:
November 25th, 2017, 7:39 pm
Lee wrote:
EEL wrote:

loser gets 0
At least 6 teams.

loser gets 0
At least 6 teams.

Whats complicated about it? Just gives some incentive to be active during week.

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » November 26th, 2017, 7:50 am

Im not gonna play eg anymore after current league. people still trying to abuse and bypass rules with only 10 people playing this game activly. I dont understand what kind of a loser youve been irl to have such a mindset. I will distance myself from such undeveloped humans.
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

EEL
Level 8

Post by EEL » November 26th, 2017, 11:04 am

Lee wrote:
November 26th, 2017, 7:46 am
EEL wrote:
Lee wrote:
EEL wrote:

loser gets 0
At least 6 teams.

loser gets 0
At least 6 teams.

Collecting the data would be difficult and time consuming, to bad we don't have any active coder that could assist..
Grid

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » November 26th, 2017, 11:14 am

EEL wrote:
November 26th, 2017, 11:04 am
Lee wrote:
EEL wrote:
Lee wrote:
EEL wrote:

loser gets 0
At least 6 teams.

loser gets 0
At least 6 teams.

Collecting the data would be difficult and time consuming, to bad we don't have any active coder that could assist..
Not really, everyone just has to post game results and host will manually count them. Hell, I once hosted league where I had to calculate ELO while also taking into consideration all game times and that was also not that bad.

EEL
Level 8

Post by EEL » November 28th, 2017, 7:20 am

Lee wrote:
November 26th, 2017, 11:14 am
EEL wrote:
November 26th, 2017, 11:04 am
Lee wrote:
EEL wrote:
Lee wrote:
EEL wrote:

loser gets 0
At least 6 teams.

loser gets 0
At least 6 teams.

Not really, everyone just has to post game results and host will manually count them. Hell, I once hosted league where I had to calculate ELO while also taking into consideration all game times and that was also not that bad.
6 Teams

6 GMS
102 Player signups
18 per squad

Lee you would be in charge of league and have the final decision over every thing. I'll just help you jump start and do the little annoying things that will help keep the league running. If you are up for it we need to start getting signups starting now and most importantly find 6 GMS.

To keep eg active until going through holiday seasons and to maybe start your league, draft 2nd Sunady of January.

To follow up with TheCript's idea, i believe we could and should host that pickup league. We could have that league running while we have downtime to avoid people from going AFK.. @TheCript could you post more idea's i like the main concept to it but you need to be a little more detailed with schedule, rules, standings, playoffs..
Grid

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » November 28th, 2017, 3:00 pm

EEL wrote:
November 28th, 2017, 7:20 am
6 Teams

6 GMS
102 Player signups
18 per squad

Lee you would be in charge of league and have the final decision over every thing. I'll just help you jump start and do the little annoying things that will help keep the league running. If you are up for it we need to start getting signups starting now and most importantly find 6 GMS.

To keep eg active until going through holiday seasons and to maybe start your league, draft 2nd Sunady of January.

To follow up with TheCript's idea, i believe we could and should host that pickup league. We could have that league running while we have downtime to avoid people from going AFK.. @TheCript could you post more idea's i like the main concept to it but you need to be a little more detailed with schedule, rules, standings, playoffs..
Sounds good. Will think about final rules, had a few other ideas as well.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » November 29th, 2017, 4:36 am

Can someone create a new subforum for EGFFL 2018? (Eg fast flagging league). Btw if anyone has better idea for name, feel free to share.
Idea in a nutshell:
Draft league
6GMs
8v8
15 flags
no balls
4 different bases
2 games per weekend
each team plays 2 times with home and away advantage (home team can choose base and gets anchor warped to base in beginning of base)
top 4 teams make it to playoffs
order is decided by points
tiebreaker - bonuspoints (can be achieved by playing baseduels over week + using variety of players over weekend)

Fast flagging concept:
gametimes limited with 1 hour, winning points vary depending on how game was won
5 points - team wins (drops all flags) before 30 minute mark
4 points - team wins (drops all flags) between 30 and 60 minutes
3 points - team wins by having more flags in possession at 60 minute mark (either dropped or carried)

Schedule:
Signups in December
Draft 17th of December
Preseason - during Christmas and New Years - testing the new gamestyle, no roster rules apply.
Season schedule:
Gametimes:
1 - 2pm est
2 - 2.3pm pm est
3 - 3pm est
4 - 3.30 pm est
5 - 4pm est
6 - 4.30 pm est
Home team listed first

Week 1 (7th of january)
1 A vs F
2 B vs D
3 C vs E
4 D vs A
5 E vs F
6 C vs B

Week 2 (14 of January)
1 D vs C
2 F vs B
3 A vs E
4 F vs D
5 B vs E
6 C vs A

Week 3 (21st of January)
1 E vs D
2 A vs B
3 C vs F
4 D vs B
5 E vs C
6 F vs A

Week 4 (28th of January)
1 B vs C
2 F vs E
3 A vs D
4 B vs F
5 E vs A
6 C vs D

Week 5 (4th of February)
1 E vs B
2 A vs C
3 D vs F
4 B vs A
5 F vs C
6 D vs E

Semifinals (best of 3) (11th of February)
1 Tier 2 vs Tier 3
2 Tier 1 vs Tier 4
3 Tier 2 vs Tier 3
4 Tier 1 vs Tier 4
5 Tier 2 vs Tier 3 (if needed)
6 Tier 1 vs Tier 4 (if needed)

Finals
3 Top remaining tier vs low
4 Top remaining tier vs low
5 Top remaining tier vs low (if needed)

How to earn tiebreaker bonus points?
a) people in roster play public baseduel arena and post wins to forum (each win per player = 1 point, so for example if 4 man full squad freq wins = 4 points) Only duels that have at least 3 points played count (so no 1-0 2-0 lagout wins). Duels that are won by lagout but negative score do not count.
b) playing as many players as possible during weekend scheduled games (each player on top of 8 will earn 5 points, so for example if team will play 8 players in game 1 without subs and in next game uses 2 other players, they will receive 10 points). Subs will be counted if they play at least 51% of gametime.

Hunt for Blood
Level 3

Post by Hunt for Blood » November 29th, 2017, 7:22 am

Sounds good lee
Lee wrote:
November 29th, 2017, 4:36 am
3 points - team wins by having more flags in possession at 60 minute mark
I wonder if this encourages defensive play. Maybe 3 points is a little too much?
H4B
EGDLx Champ
2 EGFL wins (5 time finalist)
2 EGDL wins
1 BDL wins
Best new player at top 2005.
Nominee for best aggressive attacker 2009.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » November 29th, 2017, 9:49 am

Hunt for Blood wrote:
November 29th, 2017, 7:22 am
Sounds good lee
Lee wrote:
November 29th, 2017, 4:36 am
3 points - team wins by having more flags in possession at 60 minute mark
I wonder if this encourages defensive play. Maybe 3 points is a little too much?
I had 2 goals in my mind while designing this:
a) to remove the obstacle of eg flagging games taking too long, so weekends can be more fun and we can have more games = more people will get to play
b) to make the gameplay more unpredictable and more strategical, because honestly, last 2-3 flagging leagues have been borefest.

Issue of flagging games taking too long will be solved with this.

Second issue will have many improvements as well:
Getting more flags at start will be much more higher priority and will bring change into tactics.
Having home/away system will bring another dimension into starting your game and perhaps having different strategy to start with.
Having no balls will mean that fr anchor task is harder and more chokes are likely.
Team with less flags at startup will automatically feel the loss and opponent getting 3 points in their back. They may not abandon base and go full attack right away, but i can guarantee, that many teams will take that risk earlier then they ever would in normal game. This means that gameplay will be exactly the opposite and much more attack oriented as 1 team will always see that they lose instead of "tie is okey" as they do now.
In later phases of league, it could even happen that teams in desperate need of points will do some gung-ho tactics if 3 points are not enough, but 5 could be.
I of course do not know how things will turn out, but at least on paper, it looks exciting to me.

Glyde1
Level 3

Post by Glyde1 » November 29th, 2017, 10:14 am

This by no means makes league games shorter. Instead of playing 1 game lasting anywhere from 15min to 2 hours now we are play 2 one hour matches over 5 hour span on Sunday .

RaeRae
EG Staff

Post by RaeRae » November 29th, 2017, 10:52 am

Added the new subform for this, moved this topic and gave Leeeel mod powers for the forum. Let me know if there's additional things you need in terms of forum stuff. Once more is on lockdown, I can give you mod powers in EG so you can run this correctly in game.
RaeRae*

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » November 29th, 2017, 11:56 am

Glyde1 wrote:
November 29th, 2017, 10:14 am
This by no means makes league games shorter. Instead of playing 1 game lasting anywhere from 15min to 2 hours now we are play 2 one hour matches over 5 hour span on Sunday .
There will be twice as many games in same timeperiod. I would say it makes games much shorter and to a point on average.
Why TW leagues are always much more fun, once u showup on Sunday, you are actually guaranteed to have several things to do.
In EG, you can either show up and play 2 hours straight, being tired in the end, or show up, win in 15 mins and thats it for this week.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » November 29th, 2017, 1:25 pm

RaeRae wrote:
November 29th, 2017, 10:52 am
Added the new subform for this, moved this topic and gave Leeeel mod powers for the forum. Let me know if there's additional things you need in terms of forum stuff. Once more is on lockdown, I can give you mod powers in EG so you can run this correctly in game.
OK thanx, can you give some additional rights, so i can make announcements/sticky threads?

RaeRae
EG Staff

Post by RaeRae » November 29th, 2017, 2:03 pm

Lee wrote:
November 29th, 2017, 1:25 pm
RaeRae wrote:
November 29th, 2017, 10:52 am
OK thanx, can you give some additional rights, so i can make announcements/sticky threads?
Hmm.. thought that was included in the rank I gave you. Try now.
RaeRae*

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » November 29th, 2017, 2:22 pm

All good, thanx

BEASTED
Level 3

Post by BEASTED » November 30th, 2017, 12:11 pm

hey lee, a lot to read through on this post, is it possible you could make a separate official post with the final update / information on how this league will run to make it clearer for the rest of us

Thanks
Beasted
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » November 30th, 2017, 1:34 pm

BEASTED wrote:
November 30th, 2017, 12:11 pm
hey lee, a lot to read through on this post, is it possible you could make a separate official post with the final update / information on how this league will run to make it clearer for the rest of us

Thanks
Beasted
Of course, I will write rules, explanations and more soon

BEASTED
Level 3

Post by BEASTED » November 30th, 2017, 1:59 pm

Thank's lee
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

Return to “EGFFL 2018”