SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Moderator: EEL

By WORLD
How about, a gauntlet league, where squads battle each other in 6 games every sunday. Two 5v5(subs allowed ofc) games would be played in EGBDL. Two 5v5 games in EGL (subs allowed), and the last Two 5v5 match would be freqrace. Rosters will only be allowed to draft 10 players during the draft in a snake order. Value Points will be 1vp - 3vp, and VP cap for freq will be 8VP. If you do not have enough players for the 5v5, you will play 4v5, you will lose a 1/2 a point, and you will not be allowed to play a 3vp player, so basically players not dedicated enough to show up, will penalize their team. Would like to have 4-5 or 6 squads playing. Doesn't matter if it's odd or even squad amounts, because you're relying on your 1 point that you win from each match. If two teams have same amount of points when finals arrives, then they can either play best of 3 in EGDL, best of 3 in EGL, or best of 3 in freqrace.

On a side note, there will NOT be a preseason, draft will happen on the scheduled sunday, then next sunday regular season starts.

POINTS FOR FINALS

EGBDL in Finals will be worth 4 points per win.
EGL in Finals will be worth 3 points per win.
Freqrace will be worth 2 points per win.

If you want to be a VP Rater, post a reply on this thread. You cannot be a future GM and a VP Rater.
There will only be 5 Raters, that RaeRae or Me choose. There is no signup for it.

Once we finish this league, I have a EGDL idea, and I'm willing to host. But that's another story.

I know I'm blabbing all over the place, but it's late, and I know I left out important details. I'll make the VP/Freq Size/Math more consistent when I get more sleep.

LET ME KNOW HOW TO MAKE THIS BETTER, OR WHAT DETAILS I'M LEAVING OUT, IT IS MEANT TO BE A SHORT LEAGUE SO WE CAN HAVE TIME TO SETUP A FLAGGING LEAGUE.

Goodnight, World
By WORLD
gaZ wrote:
August 18th, 2017, 11:06 pm
10 ppl per squad won't work.
I said I wasn't really into the details yet, I know 10 wouldn't work, trying to give an indepth example Gaz. Feedback will help though, thanks bro.
By WORLD
gaZ wrote:
August 18th, 2017, 11:06 pm
10 ppl per squad won't work.
for 5v5's...10 would probably work, but I'll probably set roster at 12-15, the more squads the better.
If we end up doing this league, I have a cool "egfl" style league afterwards. :mrgreen:
By TheCript
egbdl egl and freqrace? faawwkk thaaattt...

only egbdl will be played, the rest wont lol
ppl just want bd or flagging the rest will fking fail miserably, keep it simple.......

egbdl 5vs5
By Optimal
if world makes bots for these leagues, than i will help world in making posts and protect him from squapple
By jaXen
If you combine the results from the three separate events into one record/standings then people will have no choice but to participate in each. Otherwise, people will pick and choose.
By Lee
cant expect people to participate in non-flagging non-bd related activities unless they are all focused in couple of weekends. A full-length league of baseracing is just retarded, as is egl.
All those side events are far better hosted as Olympics or other similar event that can span over maximum 2 weekends or so.
It did not work 5 years ago, why should work now when zone is dead lol.
By Optimal
playin these events during the week for points might help tho, for now weve tried to schedule them but they fail. during the crowded hours in weekdays we might actually be abl;e to get some events filled, a new baserace map would be nice each week too. and perhaps bring back some ETE during the week as events might interest the people who are online at those moments
By RaeRae
So I think there's good ideas here, however, I think this may be a bit too much for the lack of resources we have now. And when I say resources, I mean people to oversee these things. I think I want to stick to something simple, because I found that over complicating things just makes it messy. EGDLx was experimental so I want to stagger "new" leagues with older ones.

I think I'm going to move forward with just an EGBDL draft for this next one. But I'm still willing to hear new ideas for maybe the league after that. The more simple, the better. Just keep that in mind.
By TheCript
RaeRae wrote:
August 22nd, 2017, 9:55 am
I think I'm going to move forward with just an EGBDL draft for this next one.
good, make it 5vs5 now...
RaeRae wrote:
But I'm still willing to hear new ideas for maybe the league after that. The more simple, the better. Just keep that in mind.
Whatever bitch u say that err league
By Golfer.
RaeRae wrote:
So I think there's good ideas here, however, I think this may be a bit too much for the lack of resources we have now. And when I say resources, I mean people to oversee these things. I think I want to stick to something simple, because I found that over complicating things just makes it messy. EGDLx was experimental so I want to stagger "new" leagues with older ones.

I think I'm going to move forward with just an EGBDL draft for this next one. But I'm still willing to hear new ideas for maybe the league after that. The more simple, the better. Just keep that in mind.
Good idea
By Golfer.
Maybe we could somehow get some new bases made up for the next league... would be a $ idea -

If I could somehow figure out how to work the DCME program I'd give it a go but it doesn't seem to work... Some weird error message pops up every time I open it
By Optimal
I have the same issue golfer.

If doomsy or worm can drop a patched version here that we can download, it would help.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!