SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Moderator: EEL

By RaeRae
Yo,

I'm thinking this league will be a EGBDL. Smaller teams should make for a successful league. Details are still TBD, such as if this will be tier/vp based league, standard league or a new kind of set up. If you have ideas and want to see them move forward, I urge anyone who wants to vocalize those ideas to help be a dedicated co-coordinator. They will have the support of myself and staff as a resource, but get to work out the smaller details. If anyone is interested, please contact me on here or in game.

Thanks!
By Lee
If u host egbdl, just use the formula that was so successful for jaxen, only improvement i would do is make it 5v5 and chance the rating system, to make it more fair. I have explained the tiers aswell in a separate topic, but just to bring it up again:
You collect signups, once list is done, draft is announced. Lets say we are lucky and get around 100 players. 8 bdl teams mean we have approximately 12 per squad, which should be enough.
Once draft is done, players picked in rounds 1-6 automatically get high tier, players picked in rounds 7-9 get mid-tier and 10-12 get low tier.
Rules are very simple, u need to have at least 1 low tier and 1 mid tier in game.
Or if showup seems even more poor or low-tier list looks very shady, make even more simple version. Just split all participants into 2 groups and each team has to use at least 2 from lower group.
This is by far the most honest rating system as GMs themselves essentially make the tiers with their pick order and it still gives opportunities to players picked later to get some gametime.
By Glyde1
Let us pick teams and max rosters at 7-8 and allow no scheduled games but a ladder for a month or whatever then top teams make playoffs. If we need to make a low tier group and have a rule where you must have one on roster and get extra ladder points for winning with them on freq or something.
By Johnson
The last EGBDL league was the reason I went inactive again whilst it was ongoing.

Mid/Low tier players have no chance of getting a game, they are just on the roster to fill spots. BD games are generally played with a tiny core of players per squad, the rest just get shafted.
By TheCript
Johnson wrote:
August 15th, 2017, 5:35 pm
The last EGBDL league was the reason I went inactive again whilst it was ongoing.

Mid/Low tier players have no chance of getting a game, they are just on the roster to fill spots. BD games are generally played with a tiny core of players per squad, the rest just get shafted.
this is true tho
By stewie
@johnson and tc

solution to this is to have a mix of vp's in basedueling and no vps.

example: each squad plays 2 Sunday matches, one match played has freq vp limit, the other match played doesn't. both of these games have equal impact on the main season standings. this way no one is shafted- not the top players, nor the mid/lows. whoever the coordinator is can work out the details and decide if they want to keep this format in playoffs
By gaZ
EEL wrote:
August 15th, 2017, 7:46 pm
egbdl is boring though
And having a league with 4 squads is also quite boring, not to mention having back to back flagging leagues is repetitive.
By gaZ
stewie wrote:
August 15th, 2017, 7:20 pm
@johnson and tc

solution to this is to have a mix of vp's in basedueling and no vps.

example: each squad plays 2 Sunday matches, one match played has freq vp limit, the other match played doesn't. both of these games have equal impact on the main season standings. this way no one is shafted- not the top players, nor the mid/lows. whoever the coordinator is can work out the details and decide if they want to keep this format in playoffs
This could work.
By doomsy
i came up with an idea and put together a whole league revolving around pub and bd with self made squad and yet again the only idea coming up is egbdl. i would have been ready to coordinate it and set the table for it to run freely afterward, but not a single soul answered cuz nobody gives a shit about this dead game anymore. just another league im not signing in.

gl
By RaeRae
you said you would only half coordinate it, and I wasn't down for that. at least with egbdl it's been done before and easier to manage as opposed to a new league.

But suit yourself.
By TheCript
doomsy, pm taco in game
By doomsy
half coordinate it isnt correct. that league would have been there to stay as it would take place every reset. once i made it through a reset any1 could have coordinated it or even let squad leader handle it all together. with a new pub map and a bit of entertainment aka something new for once.
By gaZ
Seems like you have a new way for pub to be more interesting, not a league.
By EEL
I was hoping we could use those big bases but apparently we need coders! lol :cry:
By doomsy
well we can use them. just gotta make sure the ref and bots are all synced for the warp and for lagout subbing option

as for the gameplay in general im not sure how to avoid stalemate.

it should be a game style where 1 static flag spawn in each fr and u gotta capture it to win
By Golfer.
A good format to build on would be:

5 vs 5
3 bases ( slightly larger than regular bd bases )
Instead of doing it the ol' fashion way it might be a better idea to count the point difference per base and add that to each squads total points so that way every Sunday we'd get to play all 3 bases ( more play time for everyone ) + more skill would be involved in making playoffs because it'd be a battle to the very end.

For example:
Base 1 - Team 1 vs Team 3 - Team 1 wins 5-4
Base 2 - Team 1 wins 5-4
Base 2 - Team 3 wins 5-1

So the outcome would be
Team 1 - 2 Points
Team 3 - 4 Points
By Glyde1
We need to move away from league matches only on Sundays. Next bd league needs to have matches during the week so an ongoing ladder for a month and top teams make playoffs. If we dont have a league during the week e.g. is going to have a population of 15 In spec all week. TW is about to start thier league TSL which is scheduled m-f weekdays/night's which will take all active egers during a week unless we have something going on besides pub bd.
By gaZ
We don't need to move away from Sunday matches, but we need something to occur throughout the week.
By gaZ
Golfer. wrote:
August 17th, 2017, 6:45 am
For example:
Base 1 - Team 1 vs Team 3 - Team 1 wins 5-4
Base 2 - Team 1 wins 5-4
Base 2 - Team 3 wins 5-1

So the outcome would be
Team 1 - 2 Points
Team 3 - 4 Points
This made no sense.
By Glyde1
gaZ wrote:
August 17th, 2017, 8:04 am
We don't need to move away from Sunday matches, but we need something to occur throughout the week.
Yes we do you can still come and play Sunday but it won't be scheduled and will be worth the same ladder points. With matches during week it opens the league up to all time zones to have matches convenient for them. Not to mention how much more active it would make e.g. weekdays/ nights. You have nothing to lose whatsoever by having squads able to bd for ladder points whenever you have 4 or 5 on.
By gaZ
I agree. Matches need to be scheduled on Sunday's and you should have the ability to earn points at anytime during the week as well, similar to what I did with egdl but with some tweaks.
By RaeRae
Maybe Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday scheduled games with weekdays being a little lesser points, but still important and playoffs absolutely have teams knocked out (even if there's only 4 teams -- go straight to finals based on points)
By Optimal
i can make the posts if you want, dont need staff powers for them either. Pretty sure my brain works better than monty's so its very unlikely ill fuck up making posts.
By RaeRae
I have a few extra days off this weekend, more info and signups will be ready to go then!
By EEL
RaeRae wrote:
August 31st, 2017, 8:55 am
I have a few extra days off this weekend, more info and signups will be ready to go then!
I'd recommend to open the GM/Player/Ref Signups
By PAT
I agree, today after Semi's game 3 would be a perfect time to open up signups. There will only be two squads focused on the other league and the other squads will now need something to do and look forward to. That way it will give two (or three) weeks for signups to run around and collect players and for squads to form! LETS GET IT GOIN!

Also if you need any help with ratings, gm'ing, reffing etc just let me know.
TWDT Season 18

I'll sign up if you cap

The Future of EG

8) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AUXpnB065o

Hi

Why not just host a ete/duel league!

Ways to attract Vets back???

Need them more then ever now!!

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!