LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Extreme Games Draft League x 2017
gaZ
Level 5
Posts: 1331
Joined: October 11th, 2002, 10:38 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by gaZ » July 19th, 2017, 8:04 pm

So all squads have had pretty poor shows throughout the league so far, only a handful of times has any squad showed more than 8 and the majority of the times it's 8 or less. I've talked with all GM's (and most captains) EXCEPT Smoking Blue, which he hasn't been on in over 5 days and hasn't responded to my messages either, all 5 that I have spoken with have given me the go ahead to make a change to the league in hopes of making it more enjoyable and fixing the show issues on sunday.

So, as of now we will dissolve Universe 7 and Jesus Shat. Both of these teams are in last place in league and have been since week 1. Both have had horrible shows the entire league and that is the main reason for their poor rankings. Once dissolving Uni7 and JS, we will hold a draft on Sunday at 1PM EST. between the 4 remaining squads, all players on Uni7 and JS will be drafted and eligible to play IMMEDIATELY, so all players should show up before 2PM to play as normal. Also, since the creation of the EG FB chat, I'm allowing a handful of vets the ability to signup for this final draft as well. I honestly don't know who will signup but I know that there are a few that will come back and play in league.

I will be collecting numbers from GMs for draft. Numbers are due by friday night and draft order will be announced as soon as I have all 4 of them. Draft will be public and a google doc will be made so you can see the updates before matches. The standings will remain the same as they are now sans Uni7 and JS.

Also, since we are down to 4 squads now and will have better show ups, all matches will be played 10v10. (This is up for debate)

I'd like to thank SB for volunteering to GM but fuck gaz cause he's a twatty little cunt And I'd like to issue an apology to SB's squad as well as my squad, hopefully this will make things more enjoyable for these players rather than having to forfeit matches or lose solely due to being outnumbered.

The league schedule will remain the same except for obvious changes. Playoffs are after week 8 as usual.
Image

stewie
Level 3
Posts: 479
Joined: August 30th, 2012, 6:39 pm

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by stewie » July 19th, 2017, 8:58 pm

so this must mean that every squad makes playoffs, correct?

unless you have a bye for 1st place for semifinals, while 2nd and 3rd play for finals spot and 4th is eliminated


P.S- Afghan come back pls

Disturbulance
Level 3
Posts: 121
Joined: August 22nd, 2009, 4:14 am

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by Disturbulance » July 19th, 2017, 9:00 pm

Please please dont make this 10v10, you know how tiny these bases are? They arent designed for it. If we get a good 8v8 league going we should be happy

gaZ
Level 5
Posts: 1331
Joined: October 11th, 2002, 10:38 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by gaZ » July 19th, 2017, 9:47 pm

Playoffs are double elimination, winners advance to finals.

Playoff Week 1---August 13th---Team1 v Team3 -- Team2 v Team4
Playoff Week 2---August 20th---Team1 v Team4 -- Team2 v Team3
Playoff Week 3---August 27th---TBD
*Finals Game 1---September 3rd--TBD
*Finals Game 2---September 10th---TBD (If necessary teams will be allowed to do a double header)
*Finals Game 3---September 17th---TBD (if needed)
Image

TheCript
Level 6
Posts: 1686
Joined: November 15th, 2008, 7:06 am

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by TheCript » July 20th, 2017, 2:34 am

Disturbulance wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2017, 9:00 pm
Please please dont make this 10v10, you know how tiny these bases are? They arent designed for it. If we get a good 8v8 league going we should be happy

what a newb...
Fc> how old are you again?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?
Fc> you sure you didn't mistype and you actually wanted to type 14?

^^ the level of trolling fc is stuck at ^^

User avatar
Lee
Level 10
Posts: 6778
Joined: October 12th, 2002, 9:26 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by Lee » July 20th, 2017, 7:23 am

Such a bad league, why not just call it end of main season, have playoffs and be done with it. Adding all those 40 people will totally make the games held so far irrelevant and gj to those mid/low tiers who actually showed and managed to get gametime, league is over for you now.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

gaZ
Level 5
Posts: 1331
Joined: October 11th, 2002, 10:38 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by gaZ » July 20th, 2017, 9:10 am

It's less than 18 active players that will be distributed between 4 squads. And I'm pretty sure the 5v7 games that have been played are pretty irrelevant anyway. And please, feel free to name the low tiers that have been playing that won't get to play now.
Let's do some math Lee, 6 squads at 7 players that show up per squad is 42 total players. Now we will have 10 players and 4 squads for a total of 40 players. That's 2 players that will be left out at.

The last league had over 140 people signup for a 5v5 BD league that was hardly played with 5s, instead teams opted for 4v4. And even with those small number of people playing, no team consistently had a great show. Learn to face the facts, the game is dying. EG doesn't average 30 active players throughout the entire week. Grow up and contribute something meaningful or don't speak at all.
Image

User avatar
Lee
Level 10
Posts: 6778
Joined: October 12th, 2002, 9:26 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by Lee » July 20th, 2017, 10:44 am

gaZ wrote: ↑
July 20th, 2017, 9:10 am
It's less than 18 active players that will be distributed between 4 squads. And I'm pretty sure the 5v7 games that have been played are pretty irrelevant anyway. And please, feel free to name the low tiers that have been playing that won't get to play now.
Let's do some math Lee, 6 squads at 7 players that show up per squad is 42 total players. Now we will have 10 players and 4 squads for a total of 40 players. That's 2 players that will be left out at.

The last league had over 140 people signup for a 5v5 BD league that was hardly played with 5s, instead teams opted for 4v4. And even with those small number of people playing, no team consistently had a great show. Learn to face the facts, the game is dying. EG doesn't average 30 active players throughout the entire week. Grow the up and contribute something meaningful or don't speak at all.
Hilarious, you talk about Eg is dying and league failing as they are somehow connected. EG was dying before this league and anyone with brain would have not hosted 6 team twice as long 8v8 league in the summer in the first place.
Only way it could have worked is if you would have granted playing positions for tiers, but extra effort in promoting it like jaxen did and get the zone behind it, but you removed tiers and basically just ignored every piece of feedback you did not like.
Infact only clever thing you have done is after weeks of failure (signs were already there in preseason) is to admit you have failed.
Too bad your solution is just as bad as the original idea.
Jaxens league was major success and one of the best hosted leagues in years. Only mistake he did was not making it 5v5, but it was understandable. Bad shows? Are you kidding me? Most of teams had better shows in that bd league compared to this.

Also, EG active players have nothing to do with active players in league. If players are motivated in playing in league they will show. The joke that is called eg pub is not suppose to attract any playing anyways.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

User avatar
dreownsu
Level 5
Posts: 1245
Joined: May 28th, 2006, 6:33 pm

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by dreownsu » July 20th, 2017, 11:10 am

My personal opinion on this was not to have this change. Let them just lose the last 3 remaining weeks. By merging these squads into the current ones, you are added at least 2 top pilots to each squad. The argument at the start of the league was that each team will have 6 tops so the last 2 spots mid/low can play. By doing this basically any mid/low tier that has been showing up to the season thus far will lose their starting spot on a squad cause 2 teams failed to show up in the season. IMO i don't think its fair. You will just see those players not show up/ sign up in the future.

PS i didnt read any of the above comments lol.
EGFL 08 - most underrated player
EGDL 09 - Champion (Sam Adams)
EGDL 11 - Champion (Nerd Down)
EGFL 2012 - Champion (DancnFairy)

User avatar
dreownsu
Level 5
Posts: 1245
Joined: May 28th, 2006, 6:33 pm

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by dreownsu » July 20th, 2017, 11:11 am

Side note if VP's were implemented in the start of the league this wouldnt matter, but now basically every freq will be 7+ vp's playing.
EGFL 08 - most underrated player
EGDL 09 - Champion (Sam Adams)
EGDL 11 - Champion (Nerd Down)
EGFL 2012 - Champion (DancnFairy)

gaZ
Level 5
Posts: 1331
Joined: October 11th, 2002, 10:38 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by gaZ » July 20th, 2017, 11:26 am

Every squad has had bad shows. The only good show was last weekend when unlim had maybe 11 online. That's the best show any team has had 5 weeks into the season. And to lees comment about last league having better shows.. With 30+ more players signing up, it's still the same show rate per squad with less players than egbdl. I don't follow your logic at all.
Also EG dying and league having bad show rates are directly correlated. What? πŸ€” I promoted league on forums, in EG, TW as well as TW forums. I had little to work with as afghan quit 3/4 of the way through starting his next league and needed to start another league ASAP. There's literally no perfect solution and you only get to try one option out of few and with a game that's dying it's very easy to have major hiccups.
And yes afghans 4v4 BD league was a great success, because it was a 4v4 BD league. They're two completely different leagues I don't understand the comparisons you're trying to make. I get what you're saying though, I would've much rather preferred afghan to host another league. But, again, people have lives now, we're all in our mid 20s and older, we have things that actually matter in the real world, hence the game suffers. You think I wanted to run a league? Rae had two choices between kush and myself. Those were the only two people that said they would run the next league. We're left with a shell of a game now and this is what you get. Be realistic.

Looking back, what should have happened was to run with 4 squads and do a tier or vp system, but with the amount of signups we had we should have had enough to play 8 people with 6 squads which makes vp or tier obsolete, but that's not what happened as less than half of the players that signed up actually show up. Rae wanted to stick with 6 teams as the amount of signups supported this, but the actual turnout did not.
Hindsight is 20/20
Image

User avatar
Lee
Level 10
Posts: 6778
Joined: October 12th, 2002, 9:26 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by Lee » July 20th, 2017, 2:49 pm

gaZ wrote: ↑
July 20th, 2017, 11:26 am
Every squad has had bad shows. The only good show was last weekend when unlim had maybe 11 online. That's the best show any team has had 5 weeks into the season. And to lees comment about last league having better shows.. With 30+ more players signing up, it's still the same show rate per squad with less players than egbdl. I don't follow your logic at all.
Also EG dying and league having bad show rates are directly correlated. What? πŸ€” I promoted league on forums, in EG, TW as well as TW forums. I had little to work with as afghan quit 3/4 of the way through starting his next league and needed to start another league ASAP. There's literally no perfect solution and you only get to try one option out of few and with a game that's dying it's very easy to have major hiccups.
And yes afghans 4v4 BD league was a great success, because it was a 4v4 BD league. They're two completely different leagues I don't understand the comparisons you're trying to make. I get what you're saying though, I would've much rather preferred afghan to host another league. But, again, people have lives now, we're all in our mid 20s and older, we have things that actually matter in the real world, hence the game suffers. You think I wanted to run a league? Rae had two choices between kush and myself. Those were the only two people that said they would run the next league. We're left with a shell of a game now and this is what you get. Be realistic.

Looking back, what should have happened was to run with 4 squads and do a tier or vp system, but with the amount of signups we had we should have had enough to play 8 people with 6 squads which makes vp or tier obsolete, but that's not what happened as less than half of the players that signed up actually show up. Rae wanted to stick with 6 teams as the amount of signups supported this, but the actual turnout did not.
Hindsight is 20/20
Showups to games are determined by 3 things, which can be presented as questions:
a) How motivated am i to dedicate a few hours of my life on this match?
b) If i show up, what are my chances to play?
c) Is my squadleader motivating me enough to show up, or is has he no idea how to run a squad?

With last, all we can hope for is for good squadleaders, but for every league it seems we get at least 1 bad apple, whos squad loses all interest a few weeks into league. Nothing to do with state of EG though, we had squads like those in first leagues as well with 300+ people taking part.
With first 2, coordination of league, setup and rules play much bigger role than you seem to realize.

For question a), league coordinator has to believe in the league he is hosting and selling it to audience. It is as simple as that. And this is where jaxen totally owned and hosted best league in recent years. He just put that much extra effort into it, not even league related, for example those cool "total titles won" and other threads. They activated alot of people. As much as i have understood he really talked individually to majority of vets, sent them endless messages telling how awesome the league is going to be and finally sold this idea to many. I would have expected to have a great 8-squad league in eg in 2017. You know last 8 squad league eg had was 3 years ago. This league has been doomed from the beginning, most of people who joined, did not do it because they wanted to, but more or less as it was only thing going on. Jaxen did changes to format as well and made some mistakes there, but it was still all understandable. You did changes to league format that catered only selected few, by removing vps and tiers and by going after extremely long league (i honestly do not remember last time we had such a long league) with very risky player per roster numbers. And preseason failure did not give you any warning signs. Usually preseason has one of the better showups throughout the league.
And if you read back to how you responded to any ideas or comments, was basically, fck off, eg is dead, be glad i am hosting this shit. Why would anyone feel that extra motivation to come and show in league like this?

As for c) this is directly related to how league was setup. There is no motivation for mid-tier /low tier to show to any matches. Ive seen it several times even in RIP. Just last weekend i showed up quite late, game was going and first thing that happened when i showed was people yelling lb ass out, lee in. EGDL has never been league to support that kind of action. If i would be lb ass, i would be pissed off not to show next game and as i cannot show as well, RIP will have maybe a bad show. If u guarantee a spot for mid-tier/low-tier, they will always know that if they show, they have very good chance in playing and not get specced. With current league, bottom half of roster has no motivation. It is common sense and i fail to understand why it is so hard to get it.

Last but not least, even in prime days of eg, you just do not host a flagging league during summer, people have much more to do, vacations, good weather, travelling etc. Showups have always been lower, but that is probably not really your fault, but fault for noone having a proper league schedule.
Good example is tw, which is hosting very fun solo league during summer, but keeps important leagues for spring/autumn.

In the end, all this failure comes down directly to this:
You think I wanted to run a league?
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

Unplug
EG Staff
Posts: 170
Joined: February 3rd, 2005, 3:40 pm

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by Unplug » July 20th, 2017, 2:55 pm

I agreed with the change and nothing against Lee or taunt but you're both inactive.
This league isn't competitive enough to have players try and show up especially with a potential of a no show from both sides.
But with more players per team I think every squad will have a show and even some spec help!

Last week we had a forfeit, and probably when facing sb squad another forfeit.
Rushmore isn't bothering to show.. Ioth said "oh we won with a forfeit, that's why I didn't show"

I think the lineups will be more skilled and have potential for others to learn and get better. Yes there will be more elite players per team but also players not showing will still be a issue so everyone will get a chance to play
Image

TheCript
Level 6
Posts: 1686
Joined: November 15th, 2008, 7:06 am

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by TheCript » July 20th, 2017, 3:20 pm

Unplug wrote: ↑
July 20th, 2017, 2:55 pm
I agreed with the change and nothing against Lee or taunt but you're both inactive.
This league isn't competitive enough to have players try and show up especially with a potential of a no show from both sides.
But with more players per team I think every squad will have a show and even some spec help!

Last week we had a forfeit, and probably when facing sb squad another forfeit.
Rushmore isn't bothering to show.. Ioth said "oh we won with a forfeit, that's why I didn't show"

I think the lineups will be more skilled and have potential for others to learn and get better. Yes there will be more elite players per team but also players not showing will still be a issue so everyone will get a chance to play

ameen...

lee is a washed up fgt who always likes to discuss even tho he isnt part of the active eg playerbase.... the hellw ith what he thinks
Fc> how old are you again?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?
Fc> you sure you didn't mistype and you actually wanted to type 14?

^^ the level of trolling fc is stuck at ^^

gaZ
Level 5
Posts: 1331
Joined: October 11th, 2002, 10:38 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by gaZ » July 20th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Thanks lee. Much better.
I've never hosted a league and the concept of when the league should be hosted, what league should be hosted when and how long a leagues schedule is foreign to me. Thanks for pointing that out, I honestly didn't realize that.
I actually agree with most of what you said, and in reference to your last statement, refer back to what i said in my previous post... It was between kush and I. No offense to kush, but neither one of us should be hosting a league but that's all that was left. Hence why I keep referring back to zone dying. If someone would've stepped up that staff trusted to run league other than myself and kush, I would've much rather had that option, but there was no such thing. Afghan is a much better coordinator than myself but he has irl matters to attend to. Thing is, I do as well. I'm taking time out of my life and most importantly weekends (I live in Florida, there's no reason to be inside during summer) but because no one stepped up I sacrificed things because I wanted to help try to continue league. It's almost like you'd rather not have a league at all, because that's literally the other option.
I can understand peoples frustration but to bash and place the blame solely on the person actually trying to run the league as a fill-in coordinator is crazy bruv.

So if you have any ideas to help the league going forward instead of what ifs and should haves, please let me know.
Image

User avatar
Lee
Level 10
Posts: 6778
Joined: October 12th, 2002, 9:26 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by Lee » July 20th, 2017, 4:16 pm

Unplug wrote: ↑
July 20th, 2017, 2:55 pm
I agreed with the change and nothing against Lee or taunt but you're both inactive.
This league isn't competitive enough to have players try and show up especially with a potential of a no show from both sides.
But with more players per team I think every squad will have a show and even some spec help!

Last week we had a forfeit, and probably when facing sb squad another forfeit.
Rushmore isn't bothering to show.. Ioth said "oh we won with a forfeit, that's why I didn't show"

I think the lineups will be more skilled and have potential for others to learn and get better. Yes there will be more elite players per team but also players not showing will still be a issue so everyone will get a chance to play
Inactive? i have logged on to ss more or less every day for last 2 months. There has been approximately 5 days when something was actually going on, 3 of them on Sundays. So no, i am not inactive.
Also, ending this league as it is now is totally right call, it would go even worse as even players on winning teams have lost motivation to show. Probably should have done something earlier.
This does not mean that we should just give free pass to all those losers who havent showed or played bad and completely rechange the face of league.
Just looking at rosters of 2 teams that got dissolved i can see sb/aow/term/romeo/titty/rushmore/ronan/omega/merc/pao/cape/thecript/yellow/lounger and probably some aliased players as well who could easily get into starting lineup for existing squads. Thats more or less 3 key players per squad, having such a massive change near the end of league makes no sense, could as well just start a new one.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

User avatar
Lee
Level 10
Posts: 6778
Joined: October 12th, 2002, 9:26 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by Lee » July 20th, 2017, 4:25 pm

gaZ wrote: ↑
July 20th, 2017, 3:22 pm
I've never hosted a league and the concept of when the league should be hosted, what league should be hosted when and how long a leagues schedule is foreign to me. Thanks for pointing that out, I honestly didn't realize that.
Not really your fault, as i said, main reason is that there no schedule for leagues in eg and thats upper issue, not yours.
gaZ wrote: ↑
July 20th, 2017, 3:22 pm
I actually agree with most of what you said, and in reference to your last statement, refer back to what i said in my previous post... It was between kush and I. No offense to kush, but neither one of us should be hosting a league but that's all that was left. Hence why I keep referring back to zone dying. If someone would've stepped up that staff trusted to run league other than myself and kush, I would've much rather had that option, but there was no such thing. Afghan is a much better coordinator than myself but he has irl matters to attend to. Thing is, I do as well. I'm taking time out of my life and most importantly weekends (I live in Florida, there's no reason to be inside during summer) but because no one stepped up I sacrificed things because I wanted to help try to continue league.
I have not said that you havent put any effort into it, ive said that it has felt from beginning that hosting this league has almost like been forced upon you, you do not do it with joy and people can feel it. I know perfectly well how much time hosting league takes as ive hosted dozen of them and there are always personal sacrifices involved.
gaZ wrote: ↑
July 20th, 2017, 3:22 pm
It's almost like you'd rather not have a league at all, because that's literally the other option.
I can understand peoples frustration but to bash and place the blame solely on the person actually trying to run the league as a fill-in coordinator is crazy bruv.
So if you have any ideas to help the league going forward instead of what ifs and should haves, please let me know.
My philosophy has always been to do things properly or not do them at all. Which is why i understand why my comments can come out as if i wished no league was hosted, but in reality i just have not liked the way egdl, league i personally put alot of effort to define and grow, has turned into, simple as that and i did not feel like timing was right for this type of league.
This league has abandoned many of the key elements it started off with and that made it so successful. And league coordinator is always the direction of blame, i have been in your role many times and blamed of stuff that are totally out of my hands, but thats how it is, comes with the job.
As for ideas, i have said, ship has sailed to far, just say main season is over, have playoffs this week among top 4 teams and finals week later and be done with it. I am pretty sure the top 4 squads will have 8 showing for playoff matches.
This way the teams that have played so far and players who have showed so far will not feel extra shitty if some losers like thecript from losing teams suddenly appear and claim their spot.
Meanwhile plans for next leagues should be put into place and have them ready by the time season begins, maybe in coordination with combos "vet day" idea.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

User avatar
dreownsu
Level 5
Posts: 1245
Joined: May 28th, 2006, 6:33 pm

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by dreownsu » July 20th, 2017, 6:14 pm

Unplug wrote: ↑
July 20th, 2017, 2:55 pm
I agreed with the change and nothing against Lee or taunt but you're both inactive.
This league isn't competitive enough to have players try and show up especially with a potential of a no show from both sides.
But with more players per team I think every squad will have a show and even some spec help!

Last week we had a forfeit, and probably when facing sb squad another forfeit.
Rushmore isn't bothering to show.. Ioth said "oh we won with a forfeit, that's why I didn't show"

I think the lineups will be more skilled and have potential for others to learn and get better. Yes there will be more elite players per team but also players not showing will still be a issue so everyone will get a chance to play
there is only 3 weeks left. should let them show up and try to win or just give the teams that face them by's. you think people want to come on ss on a sunday to sit in spec to "learn" lol. maybe in 2008 but not any more as there are no squads. If you want to do this big of a change towards the end of the league you might as well implement VP's as well to restrict lineups.

Do you think mid level players who have come to every game prior to this will keep showing up if they suddenly get benched cause top players are getting added to every roster?

Also my activity has been what i said it would be lol, I said i can only make every other Sunday cause of work nig.
EGFL 08 - most underrated player
EGDL 09 - Champion (Sam Adams)
EGDL 11 - Champion (Nerd Down)
EGFL 2012 - Champion (DancnFairy)

Golfer.
Level 3
Posts: 327
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 12:03 am

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by Golfer. » July 20th, 2017, 6:29 pm

I think we can all agree that there should have only been 4 squads - nevertheless though it really REALLY sucks being on a squad that never has enough on. It's a good idea to keep as many ppl as active as possible at this stage - so good job Gaz on implementing this

The big question is is do you up to it 10's or keep it at 8's?
6:5150> when i asked world he said " sec let me talk to my coders... 5 seconds go by then he says YEP they can do it "

gaZ
Level 5
Posts: 1331
Joined: October 11th, 2002, 10:38 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by gaZ » July 20th, 2017, 8:03 pm

10s if bot will work correctly.
Image

gaZ
Level 5
Posts: 1331
Joined: October 11th, 2002, 10:38 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by gaZ » July 20th, 2017, 8:08 pm

Lee wrote: ↑
July 20th, 2017, 4:16 pm
Unplug wrote: ↑
July 20th, 2017, 2:55 pm
I agreed with the change and nothing against Lee or taunt but you're both inactive.
This league isn't competitive enough to have players try and show up especially with a potential of a no show from both sides.
But with more players per team I think every squad will have a show and even some spec help!

Last week we had a forfeit, and probably when facing sb squad another forfeit.
Rushmore isn't bothering to show.. Ioth said "oh we won with a forfeit, that's why I didn't show"

I think the lineups will be more skilled and have potential for others to learn and get better. Yes there will be more elite players per team but also players not showing will still be a issue so everyone will get a chance to play
Inactive? i have logged on to ss more or less every day for last 2 months. There has been approximately 5 days when something was actually going on, 3 of them on Sundays. So no, i am not inactive.
Also, ending this league as it is now is totally right call, it would go even worse as even players on winning teams have lost motivation to show. Probably should have done something earlier.
This does not mean that we should just give free pass to all those losers who havent showed or played bad and completely rechange the face of league.
Just looking at rosters of 2 teams that got dissolved i can see sb/aow/term/romeo/titty/rushmore/ronan/omega/merc/pao/cape/thecript/yellow/lounger and probably some aliased players as well who could easily get into starting lineup for existing squads. Thats more or less 3 key players per squad, having such a massive change near the end of league makes no sense, could as well just start a new one.
Out of all the players you listed, only thecript and aow have showed to majority of games, pao and merc have lag issues that almost prevent them from playing all together. Rushmore, titty, romeo, yellow haven't played/showed to 1 match. So again, it's not that big of a change for the remaining squads.
Image

jaXen
Level 6
Posts: 1555
Joined: March 7th, 2006, 6:53 pm

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by jaXen » July 20th, 2017, 10:51 pm

I think this is a good power move for how things are going. I also think it's smart with 10v10 since there's bigger rosters. I forget who said something about size of bases but that might be something to consider. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten a lot of play in the bases so I can't really comment if they'd work for 10v10.
Aliases: AfghaN, jaXeN, mvp

gaZ
Level 5
Posts: 1331
Joined: October 11th, 2002, 10:38 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by gaZ » July 20th, 2017, 11:05 pm

Bases should be fine, fr will be a little stronger now and the front will be easier to push but the bases are pretty easy 8v8 the way they were designed. It will be fine.
Image

User avatar
Lee
Level 10
Posts: 6778
Joined: October 12th, 2002, 9:26 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by Lee » July 21st, 2017, 2:55 am

gaZ wrote: ↑
July 20th, 2017, 8:08 pm
Lee wrote: ↑
July 20th, 2017, 4:16 pm
Unplug wrote: ↑
July 20th, 2017, 2:55 pm
I agreed with the change and nothing against Lee or taunt but you're both inactive.
This league isn't competitive enough to have players try and show up especially with a potential of a no show from both sides.
But with more players per team I think every squad will have a show and even some spec help!

Last week we had a forfeit, and probably when facing sb squad another forfeit.
Rushmore isn't bothering to show.. Ioth said "oh we won with a forfeit, that's why I didn't show"

I think the lineups will be more skilled and have potential for others to learn and get better. Yes there will be more elite players per team but also players not showing will still be a issue so everyone will get a chance to play
Inactive? i have logged on to ss more or less every day for last 2 months. There has been approximately 5 days when something was actually going on, 3 of them on Sundays. So no, i am not inactive.
Also, ending this league as it is now is totally right call, it would go even worse as even players on winning teams have lost motivation to show. Probably should have done something earlier.
This does not mean that we should just give free pass to all those losers who havent showed or played bad and completely rechange the face of league.
Just looking at rosters of 2 teams that got dissolved i can see sb/aow/term/romeo/titty/rushmore/ronan/omega/merc/pao/cape/thecript/yellow/lounger and probably some aliased players as well who could easily get into starting lineup for existing squads. Thats more or less 3 key players per squad, having such a massive change near the end of league makes no sense, could as well just start a new one.
Out of all the players you listed, only thecript and aow have showed to majority of games, pao and merc have lag issues that almost prevent them from playing all together. Rushmore, titty, romeo, yellow haven't played/showed to 1 match. So again, it's not that big of a change for the remaining squads.
As i explained before, if and how much player shows up depends on a few crucial things which all come down to motivation. Surely summer ads more obstacles with vacations and other distractions. But for example rushmore showed to every match in bd league just before this league, there are reasons behind peoples inactivity and at least for me, this change would further increase the reasons for players in top 4 squads to become inactive.

My biggest issue is that why u want to drag this on for so long. Why do those 4 teams need to play each other again, just to do exactly the same in playoffs, it is just so demotivating. Games that take place in next 3 weeks are totally pointless, results matter in no way.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

Hunt for Blood
Level 3
Posts: 134
Joined: April 9th, 2005, 7:05 am

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by Hunt for Blood » July 21st, 2017, 3:19 am

dreownsu wrote: ↑
July 20th, 2017, 6:14 pm


there is only 3 weeks left. should let them show up and try to win or just give the teams that face them by's. you think people want to come on ss on a sunday to sit in spec to "learn" lol. maybe in 2008 but not any more as there are no squads. If you want to do this big of a change towards the end of the league you might as well implement VP's as well to restrict lineups.

Do you think mid level players who have come to every game prior to this will keep showing up if they suddenly get benched cause top players are getting added to every roster?

Also my activity has been what i said it would be lol, I said i can only make every other Sunday cause of work nig.
If there still were megastar players playing I sure would like to sit in spec and watch them play a squadmatch of flagging.

I don't really like this roster shuffle this late into the season. What lee suggested about having the playoffs next would be better option.

Or why not merge the 2 squads behind some1 compenent or atleast hungry leader.

All I'm asking is a proper, fun and competitive flagging game every sunday :>
H4B
EGDLx Champ
2 EGFL wins (5 time finalist)
2 EGDL wins
1 BDL wins
Best new player at top 2005.
Nominee for best aggressive attacker 2009.

gaZ
Level 5
Posts: 1331
Joined: October 11th, 2002, 10:38 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by gaZ » July 21st, 2017, 8:07 am

5 squads won't work.
Image

Optimal
Level 8
Posts: 3501
Joined: January 30th, 2008, 6:55 pm
Location: Netherlands, the
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by Optimal » July 21st, 2017, 8:24 am

I feel you gaaz.

However, after talking with my team on whatsapp we decided we rather play toghether. orwell, atleast some of us do. those who are on whatsapp. at first i thought this is stupid but i actually understand if members on uni7 who arent on whatsapp would like to play on active teams. I dont want to take away their fun, but i dont want my buddies to be split up.

If we 100% out of the league sure, redraft the teams. but if we can still make it, lets us try to fight atleast.

Im currently very busy with helping out some people i know with their own adventure IRL. I still love this game tho, im just caught up in the wonderfull world of food and summer nights.

afk
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

gaZ
Level 5
Posts: 1331
Joined: October 11th, 2002, 10:38 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by gaZ » July 21st, 2017, 8:44 am

I've taken a poll and it's already been decided. You are dead last and I'm like 2 points ahead of you, and it's not due to lack of skill or anything other than having poor shows. As of now this is what will happen.
Image

TheCript
Level 6
Posts: 1686
Joined: November 15th, 2008, 7:06 am

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by TheCript » July 21st, 2017, 9:05 am

gaZ wrote: ↑
July 21st, 2017, 8:44 am
I've taken a poll and it's already been decided. You are dead last and I'm like 2 points ahead of you, and it's not due to lack of skill or anything other than having poor shows. As of now this is what will happen.
lack of skill too
Fc> how old are you again?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?
Fc> you sure you didn't mistype and you actually wanted to type 14?

^^ the level of trolling fc is stuck at ^^

Remark
Level 1
Posts: 23
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 3:47 pm

Re: LEAGUE CHANGE ---READ---

Post by Remark » July 21st, 2017, 4:42 pm

This is literally rewarding the Gm's who picked ppl who don't show for matches. Who pays the price? The average players who show for every match. Thanks gaz! Ur a retard.
β€œThe reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
― George Carlin

Post Reply

Return to β€œEGDLx 2017”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest