Post by Monty Python » June 29th, 2017, 1:48 pm

AS OF WEEK 3:

RIP - 21
Odius - 21
Jesus Shat - 21
Universe 7 - 20
Glory Holes - 44
BlackMamba - 63

I will not write about Blackmamba here and leave that to others. But I want to point out, that I really like this league. Even tho eg struggles with activity of pilots in 2017, its nice to see, that its still possible with our community to have an entertaining and fun competition. And this time the stats show how balanced teams are really. Not one team looks knocked out due to leadership or just overal poor performances already. All teams seem to be able to totally pull up a surprise and remix the current standings, even tho it will be hard to catch Blackmamba since tehy are massively defending their 1st place so far.

Glory Holes

With only one lose in main season vs. Blackmamba, Glory Holes places themselfe 2nd in league ranking so far. With drug leading them, they got a old vet that comes with quite a bit of experience leading squads and going thru that specific rhythm each league provides. Their biggest strenght comes from a powerful combination of real veterans that not only bring the overall understanding of the game in its deepness, but that are also able to perform as top killers: Taunt, drug and of course Renowned are all usually able to get top kills, while they are skilled enought to adapt to new tactical situations and dont get kind of stuck within this 'killing mode' kind of playstyle. That alone would be quite powerful combo along with boogy and AM as solid anchors. But not enought, Mracy seems to finally perform the league of his life, giving an impressive performances specifically with his massive killing too. I havent recognized him as a good player before tbh. So, we all know, league matches arent won only by dominating in kills, but it still plays a essential role for controlling the game. I wonder if Blackmamba will be able to win vs them in 1h now with their last additions in boogy/renowned.
In any way, so far Glory Holes gives us lots of reason to expect a good performances and even boosting improvement and see a clear potential finalist in them. Esspecially once hoontar and bugs start showing more, this would make this team really deadly on paper, and there is still lots of time in this league for any teamplay to rise up... Im already looking forward to counter drug/Renowned as swing next time we meet up.

Jesus Shat

Moggy, oh moggy. When will u start showing for this team? It really needs you... With pao, TC, gaz and merc this team already provides a bunch of very important pilots that can fill the key roles. But aside from them having a bit bad luck with their showups so far, they really need one more hero-allrounder-keyplayer to boost them over the peak they finally need to win more games.
I havent watched or heard much about their specific performance so far. But just from ratio and my past expierence I recognized gaz improving his personal rushing skill over the past few weeks, but Im undecided on his leading abilities, esspecially when it comes to not only just organizing a team within the normal game parameters (which he does quite organized I think), but showing the right judgement once tricky and risky tactical situations ouccur. But I think gaz is rather under- then overrated for his leading abilities. If moggy doesnt start showing, they need either to be really lucky in upcoming fa's and get a real good alrounder. Or they take those mid core pilots they have (aow, mangled, lounger, mopy, netban) and start pracing with them and at least archieve an solid teamplay. I really hope their showups get better so they can play with their full potential. In any way is there no reason to give up with team, also b/c they tie in score with Glory Holes, RIP and Universe 7 so far.

Odius

Same in points with Jesus Shat, RIP and Universe 7, Odius places himself in the chilled mid of current league ranking. They win some, they lose some. But esspecially their last match vs Blackmamba showed that it at least will take some time untill their deady attack couple on paper (Bacon/Combo) shows effect in game. Johnson seems to be quite capable of holding this team together. In more demanding situations I can also see Bacon helping out here aswell. So while Odius doesnt lack activity or skilled enought players, it seems to me that they just havent found they teamplay and a way to play out their strenght. If Combo doesnt get more active, Odius has to find another way of getting it together to beat the good teams. Which could be hard since activity really seems to becomes an issue for them, Devy, Famous,Johnson, unplug and Ioth are active. But besides them Johnson doesnt have much to work with to compensate. And Bacon is a star, sure, but as rusty as he was last sunday, he doesnt bring in the superpowers that win games. Still, to me, Odius is, similar to Jesus Shat, a team where lots could happen, but something definitely has to happen in order to fight for a spot in finals.

Universe 7

Universe 7 struggles with activity too it seems, while their overal roster on paper looks alright. In Smoking Blue leading them they sure have an expierenced player, but Im not sure how capable of leading this guy is, esspecially in term of his temper. Rabbit!, Rushmore, omega red, 1l arent the most actives, but quite good players that have lots of expierence. And Sb sure is a good swing. Its too bad that Romeo doesnt show for sundays, but Universe 7 might gain an advantage from their last fa's with Terminator and Square Apple. Its kinda interesting how this league is shaped so clear with 4/6 of the teams fighting in the midfield rankingwise. So, less surprising, I kinda predict the same for them as for Jesus Shat and Odius and RIP: Something has to change and in the best case its only the activity that increases and allows the team to play out their potential fully. I could see Universe 7 using Terminator/rabbit as anchors with omega, Square, rushmore,sb, 1l and maybe titty as their main players. Next match with show more!

RIP

Yes, finally a win! Oh, they needed that a lot. And they deserved it. I felt bad when I saw them falling down and down in rakings while they really have a good leader in Unlimited that gathered enought leading exp. during last leagues to finally lead his own team to finals. And their rosters looks decent: Glyde, thix, kipy, clutch,saber,poem,unlim, groan – thats a fine line that can also be rounded with pocho, force, greenspace and kush once those guys show more. I've the feeling that RIP might just overcome their bad luck stream with this win and now start fighting their way back into this league if not into finals.

Unlimited
Level 4

Re: REVIEW (Week 3)

Post by Unlimited » June 29th, 2017, 4:21 pm

Good read. Very accurate. Thanks Monty.
Colonel Lag> 275 consecutive kills? I'm lucky to get 2 consecutive kills!

MracY
Level 2

Post by MracY » June 29th, 2017, 8:41 pm

Don't expect anything from me. I've always have one or two good games in league where I play properly, even times where people think I'm Zeker playing on my account. But it goes downhill rapidly. There's a reason why I didn't get any playtime last league.

Hunt for Blood
Level 3

Post by Hunt for Blood » June 30th, 2017, 2:45 am

Good read!
Monty Python wrote:
June 29th, 2017, 1:48 pm
... But I want to point out, that I really like this league. Even tho eg struggles with activity of pilots in 2017, its nice to see, that its still possible with our community to have an entertaining and fun competition...
Agreed!
H4B
2 EGFL wins (5 time finalist)
2 EGDL wins
1 BDL wins
Best new player at top 2005.
Nominee for best aggressive attacker 2009.

gaZ
Level 5

Post by gaZ » June 30th, 2017, 8:40 am

As much as moggy would help, I don't think having a pilot outside of pao, myself, merc and cript is necessarily going to push us over this "hump", but more so just having all 4 of them show up to the same game. Jesus's problems have all stemmed from bad shows. Last week we had our best show (9, maybe 10 at one point) yet it was Merc that was held in spec due to lag and pao was still on vacation, so even with our best show we still only had 2 of our top 4 pilots.

ALAS! Should be fun til the end!

Combo
Level 3

Post by Combo » July 1st, 2017, 5:03 pm

i know last year i couldn't make games, no one texted me to get on. but im playing a bit. some hours of practice and i will be back kicking ass. we will see tomorrow.

Monty Python
Level 6

Post by Monty Python » July 2nd, 2017, 8:53 am

Combo wrote:
July 1st, 2017, 5:03 pm
i know last year i couldn't make games, no one texted me to get on. but im playing a bit. some hours of practice and i will be back kicking ass. we will see tomorrow.
word up!

Hoontar
Level 2

Post by Hoontar » July 4th, 2017, 2:51 pm

Eh, I always have trouble showing for regular season games in the summer between vball, camping, and cottage trips. But when it starts mattering, I'll be showing.

Return to “EGDLx 2017”