Power audit

Extreme Games Draft League x 2017

Moderators: dreownsu, EGDL Management

Post Reply
Unplug
EG Staff
Posts: 169
Joined: February 3rd, 2005, 3:40 pm

Power audit

Post by Unplug » June 12th, 2017, 2:51 am

That power audit; what we witnessed is being a fr is harder than it seems apparently, chokes and ball control issues were the theme of week 1.
FR/ball practice: Thix-Famous-AM-Dist ( I didn’t see the SB vs Gaz game)

Odius: Power level up; I played this game so will talk about it a bit more 
From what many call the worst draft on paper to destroying the two best drafts (one in preseason) on paper. Odius came out with a odd but effective lineup and controlled the entire game but Bacon showed once again why he was the #1 pick in egbdl and #1 pick in the fa draft. Ioth showed why he is the best lanc to play this game as he spent a lot of time in lanc (two sharks for RIP) and simply dominated.
The game came down to the balls, famous losing it on two occasions but still doing well and lack of communication from RIP had their entire team chase the ball and leave thix all alone.
If Dbz shows; odius will be tough to play against

best lineup after FA
Famous-Dbz-ioth-mvp Unplug-bacon-yakuza-devy

RiP: Power level down; down below the ground (get it.)
The lack of anchors and communication (maybe unlimited needs lee) hurt the squad. Glyde was a great pickup but maybe better used as a fr compared to a nme anchor as thix did choke. Lack of a spec lead didn’t allow unlimited to realize that they had taken a ball but allow nme anchor to keep it instead of bringing it home.
Maybe some trades might be in the work for unlimited, he refused to budge in egbdl but I believe he needs some anchors. A great a attack though and will be so much more deadly when/if pocho shows...ag$/poem/pocho....(maybe even host)

best lineup after FA
Groan-clutch-unlim-kush Remark-Poem-Ag$-pocho

Universe 7: Play in another Universe? Didn’t watch this game so not a lot of comments
SB is a gm yet again and tends to have more issues yet again.....This time it’s activity. Apparently they had taken enemy while being undermanned proved that he does have a great squad but lack of numbers hurt them. 3 carriers with all flags, if they had more than 6 players could have flanked and killed however they couldn’t. Drafting a aussie in the first round of fa draft, I wonder if that was the greatest decision with his current issue of players showing up (however his big guns did- rush, omega, vodka, rabbit did show) I do feel like Termi is the key to this squad winning.
Pretty funny considering SB posted “We have alot of option for our lineup if we get a show. Most of them seem to be active so im hoping our season will grow strong”

best lineup after FA (I couldn't decide with this squad)
Termi-Rushmore-SB-1] Rabbit-Romeo-omega-square

Jesus Shat: meh! NO comment...
For a squad that had a extra player; they weren’t impressive- losing home but getting lucky the other squad had 3 carriers. This will be interesting season for JS; Boogy was a great addition to a squad that lacks anchors (tbh don’t wanna use pao as a anchor just a waste.) Merc and boggy are highly essential for Gaz to have any success as they both can anchor and are great killers! This squad must pray moggy shows up though

best lineup after FA
Merc-TC-boogy-battle Gaz-heath-pao-aow

Glory Holes: down? But impressive
Finite drafted his good ol’ buddy taunt as a fa and created that great s1/s2 combo in hoontar/taunt and just needs wilsonc to fr. Finite had a sneaky good draft, on paper it looks mediocre however finite show’s why he is the best attacker in the league can simply own swings. Using cape as a anchor was a great move while bad luck with Wilson and hoontar lagging out causing them to play with 6 changed the game. (cyclone and his passive swinging could have been useful here...) A great defence plus a small steady attack seems to be their gameplan to have success and will be so much better with AM (you’re better attacker than Wilson and he a better anchor) not as fr.

best lineup after FA
Wilson-hoontar-taunt-avira Cape-Finite-Am-Magik


Kobe: Impressive but not kobe-esc
Team anchor; and yet again drafted tryo to add the endless anchors he has available (maybe a trade in the works?) So many anchors and no swings/killers aside from monty in which eel decided to swing (huh?). I can’t comment much on this team since they had more “vets” yet only were able to secure the win when hoon/Wilson lagged. Nicedreams will be a great addition to go along with h4b attack and eel’s forcing :P
On paper this is probably the best team simply because of the vets with eel/tryo/nosy/world/monty and great anchors with (dist/golfer), you just don’t expect them to make many mental errors but let’s see if they can win the smaller base battels.

best lineup after FA
Tryo-Monty-nosy-world Golfer-eel-h4b-nicedreams






The 2 games I witnessed were simply by mistakes by the fr, squads must do better..
Image

Hunt for Blood
Level 3
Posts: 113
Joined: April 9th, 2005, 7:05 am

Re: Power audit

Post by Hunt for Blood » June 12th, 2017, 6:12 am

Good read!

Have to disagree a little with your opinion on our match (black mamba vs glory holes). We got 17 flags from start vs their 3. Great start for us until we lost ball at the 3 minute mark. Finites team was dominating at start pretty much because of the ball advantage. As in 8v8 there are alot more small battles where the anchors have much more impact than in 10v10 for example. And AM terr with max shrapnel and a ball just gave them that advantage we didn't have. Dist was the pretty much the mvp playing without a ball and not choking. So after the bases were swapped and we had the ball advantage we won in just few minutes.

Also one of the best pilots on finites team must be mracy. Guy is a killing machine with that perfect 200ms.
H4B
2 EGFL wins (5 time finalist)
2 EGDL wins
1 BDL wins
Best new player at top 2005.
Nominee for best aggressive attacker 2009.

Monty Python
Level 6
Posts: 1879
Joined: December 19th, 2003, 5:32 am
Location: Germany

Re: Power audit

Post by Monty Python » June 12th, 2017, 9:14 am

Hunt for Blood wrote:
June 12th, 2017, 6:12 am
Also one of the best pilots on finites team must be mracy. Guy is a killing machine with that perfect 200ms.
who else got curious?
Image

Unlimited
Level 4
Posts: 673
Joined: December 24th, 2003, 12:14 pm
Location: SSCI Extreme Games
Contact:

Re: Power audit

Post by Unlimited » June 12th, 2017, 11:56 am

Lack of communication.. the fuck are you talking about rofl you were controlling the game? what planet are u living in.. we were whoopin that ass all match. It wasn't miscommunication rather a mistake to not just leave ball at nme and it bit us in the ass. Won't happen again.
Image
Colonel Lag> 275 consecutive kills? I'm lucky to get 2 consecutive kills!

jaXen
Level 6
Posts: 1550
Joined: March 7th, 2006, 6:53 pm

Re: Power audit

Post by jaXen » June 12th, 2017, 4:45 pm

Unlimited wrote:
June 12th, 2017, 11:56 am
Lack of communication.. the fuck are you talking about rofl you were controlling the game? what planet are u living in.. we were whoopin that ass all match. It wasn't miscommunication rather a mistake to not just leave ball at nme and it bit us in the ass. Won't happen again.
There was zero ass whooping by your team at our base so I don't know what you're talking about there. The only time you guys pushed us to 90 was because we were defending 3v4 and immediately pushed you guys back once we were 4v4.
Aliases: AfghaN, jaXeN, mvp

User avatar
Johnson
EG Staff
Posts: 1618
Joined: May 30th, 2007, 10:40 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Power audit

Post by Johnson » June 12th, 2017, 4:53 pm

jaXen wrote:
June 12th, 2017, 4:45 pm
Unlimited wrote:
June 12th, 2017, 11:56 am
Lack of communication.. the fuck are you talking about rofl you were controlling the game? what planet are u living in.. we were whoopin that ass all match. It wasn't miscommunication rather a mistake to not just leave ball at nme and it bit us in the ass. Won't happen again.
There was zero ass whooping by your team at our base so I don't know what you're talking about there. The only time you guys pushed us to 90 was because we were defending 3v4 and immediately pushed you guys back once we were 4v4.
It also happened twice... The first time I had the flags and choked when I got anti'd there, second time was game over. On the bright side, with a better show, I don't have to play :D
Johnson

1l
Level 1
Posts: 18
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 3:00 pm

Re: Power audit

Post by 1l » June 12th, 2017, 6:21 pm

Since you didn't get to watch our match, and pretty much noone did, I can provide a bit of a summary and my thoughts. It started 6 vs 6 as both squads had problems with people showing. Our show was so bad that I was mfr, a position I have played exactly zero times before, not even in a pickup. Jesus Shat focused solely on defense for the first 15 or so mins (match only lasted about 25 min), probably because we managed to scoop both balls and we had a flag carrier on attack. So I am sitting in base, waiting for something to happen, and I see a red dot approaching on my radar. It was gaz, rushing in by himself as a terrier with flag. My mines had just vanished inconveniently as he came in faster than I anticipated, so I move back and accidentally fumbled the ball away to him as he had me backed to a awkward pinch point in the base, as he grabbed the ball I made a gutsy (stupid?) move that caught him off guard and planted a bomb in his grill. That is how we ended up having 3 flag carriers at the end (Rushmore accidentally attached into some flags as we took their fr). Gaz re-rushes our base and this time brings an attacker. I am getting pushed back pretty deep, as I call for help. [sometime around now is when they got a 7th pilot to show up I think?] Help is slow to come as we were apparently taking their flag room while this is happening. Finally I get some reinforcements, probably about a second before TheCript? was about to slay me. Then just seconds later the music started. Two flag carriers attach, so we have 3 carriers, and my timer was full as I had just been defending, and the NME still having somewhat deep position in our base. Having had only about 20 mins of experience as mfr so far, I was honestly unsure of how to proceed with half our team of only 6 pilots carrying flags and needed to defend against a team of 7 and drop to win. I move up to help defend, and provide a forward attach while Rushmore and omega drop (Its a bit foggy here, but I think we killed them off and they quickly re-attacked which pushed fast since we had so few defenders). During this second wave of attack I get a perhaps ill-advised kill right before omega finished dropping which resets my timer as the enemy is pushing fast and hard. I definitely messed up the timing of when to drop a bit but I am not sure this was the difference (but it would have been very close) as I had around 100 seconds left when the enemy managed to get a la through and grab some flags to stop the win. This match was definitely a learning experience for me playing as mfr for first time... and thinking back it is kind of ironic that if I had instead died just before my team attached to save me and our flag carriers had arrived, we end up probably swapping bases and the whole scenario that played out leading to our loss probably would not have happened. Either way it was a fun match. GG to Jesus Shat.

MracY
Level 2
Posts: 75
Joined: March 20th, 2008, 3:56 pm

Re: Power audit

Post by MracY » June 12th, 2017, 10:19 pm

I think we had it if Finite cared more about league more. He did positions in very barebones and late manner, causing us to get only 3 flags. Game would have been won at 30 minutes if not for mut drop, and would have been tied otherwise if not for AM choke and Eel activating eel.exe and using dynamite to blow up all our good players' internet.

And lol, h4b doesn't know about the mracy Special yet. :lol:

jaXen
Level 6
Posts: 1550
Joined: March 7th, 2006, 6:53 pm

Re: Power audit

Post by jaXen » June 12th, 2017, 10:37 pm

MracY wrote:
June 12th, 2017, 10:19 pm
I think we had it if Finite cared more about league more. He did positions in very barebones and late manner, causing us to get only 3 flags. Game would have been won at 30 minutes if not for mut drop, and would have been tied otherwise if not for AM choke and Eel activating eel.exe and using dynamite to blow up all our good players' internet.

And lol, h4b doesn't know about the mracy Special yet. :lol:
That's pretty much what finite does. Since I've seen at least, he's never been the organizer but just the carrying his team on his back. I'm guessing taunt will take the reigns of pre-game planning with finite carrying him to another title. ;)
Aliases: AfghaN, jaXeN, mvp

User avatar
EEL
Level 8
Posts: 3307
Joined: November 25th, 2004, 5:49 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Power audit

Post by EEL » June 14th, 2017, 7:32 am

Unplug I can't wait to play you in week 3. See you soon.
Grid

PAT
Level 6
Posts: 1988
Joined: December 26th, 2010, 9:29 pm

Re: Power audit

Post by PAT » June 14th, 2017, 3:35 pm

Hunt for Blood wrote:
June 12th, 2017, 6:12 am
Good read!

Have to disagree a little with your opinion on our match (black mamba vs glory holes). We got 17 flags from start vs their 3. Great start for us until we lost ball at the 3 minute mark. Finites team was dominating at start pretty much because of the ball advantage. As in 8v8 there are alot more small battles where the anchors have much more impact than in 10v10 for example. And AM terr with max shrapnel and a ball just gave them that advantage we didn't have. Dist was the pretty much the mvp playing without a ball and not choking. So after the bases were swapped and we had the ball advantage we won in just few minutes.

Also one of the best pilots on finites team must be mracy. Guy is a killing machine with that perfect 200ms.
Idk I disagree with this completely, not only was eel not able to pass 75% in our base, we were undermanned at NME most of the match. Playing 3v4 and 4v5 and even hitting 5v7 at 99 several times while eel was trying to mob us (and failed at it). Also I'm pretty sure I sniped list 4-5 times throughout the match, just being undermanned and having oldman and tw players in made it nearly impossible to finish y'all off. Was a gg I must admit but with the show we had, it should have been an easy and quick game for y'all but instead it turned out that eel's squad just got outplayed and dominated the entire time.

Also on another note, flags in the beginning are completely irrelevant. Clearly it doesn't matter how many flags a team has as long as they have a ball (and that's what we focused on was hero'ing the second ball)

FINALLY, the only reason you guys won was because our anchor and s1 had lagged out at the same time, so as I went to hold nme as anchor, I couldn't go back home to help (and the newer/tw players didn't know better to go home) So don't get too cocky, yes you guys are good but you got it handed to you the entire game (until mfr choke) because we dominated you guys within seconds after you guys took our base from choke. (which is the full attack vs full defense you were talking about)
Ominous> i might spec help
Ominous> haven't decided yet
Ominous> i may have more g matters to attend to
BOMBED> you'll prolly fuck that up
BOMBED> just go afk or something
1:eel> ray j's dick was fucking eneourmous
1:qs> man i havent had female interaction in about a year

User avatar
EEL
Level 8
Posts: 3307
Joined: November 25th, 2004, 5:49 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Power audit

Post by EEL » June 14th, 2017, 6:40 pm

PAT wrote:
June 14th, 2017, 3:35 pm
Hunt for Blood wrote:
June 12th, 2017, 6:12 am
Good read!

Have to disagree a little with your opinion on our match (black mamba vs glory holes). We got 17 flags from start vs their 3. Great start for us until we lost ball at the 3 minute mark. Finites team was dominating at start pretty much because of the ball advantage. As in 8v8 there are alot more small battles where the anchors have much more impact than in 10v10 for example. And AM terr with max shrapnel and a ball just gave them that advantage we didn't have. Dist was the pretty much the mvp playing without a ball and not choking. So after the bases were swapped and we had the ball advantage we won in just few minutes.

Also one of the best pilots on finites team must be mracy. Guy is a killing machine with that perfect 200ms.
Idk I disagree with this completely, not only was eel not able to pass 75% in our base, we were undermanned at NME most of the match. Playing 3v4 and 4v5 and even hitting 5v7 at 99 several times while eel was trying to mob us (and failed at it). Also I'm pretty sure I sniped list 4-5 times throughout the match, just being undermanned and having oldman and tw players in made it nearly impossible to finish y'all off. Was a gg I must admit but with the show we had, it should have been an easy and quick game for y'all but instead it turned out that eel's squad just got outplayed and dominated the entire time.

Also on another note, flags in the beginning are completely irrelevant. Clearly it doesn't matter how many flags a team has as long as they have a ball (and that's what we focused on was hero'ing the second ball)

FINALLY, the only reason you guys won was because our anchor and s1 had lagged out at the same time, so as I went to hold nme as anchor, I couldn't go back home to help (and the newer/tw players didn't know better to go home) So don't get too cocky, yes you guys are good but you got it handed to you the entire game (until mfr choke) because we dominated you guys within seconds after you guys took our base from choke. (which is the full attack vs full defense you were talking about)

get out of your feelings
Grid

Hunt for Blood
Level 3
Posts: 113
Joined: April 9th, 2005, 7:05 am

Re: Power audit

Post by Hunt for Blood » June 14th, 2017, 7:17 pm

PAT wrote:
June 14th, 2017, 3:35 pm
Hunt for Blood wrote:
June 12th, 2017, 6:12 am
Good read!

Have to disagree a little with your opinion on our match (black mamba vs glory holes). We got 17 flags from start vs their 3. Great start for us until we lost ball at the 3 minute mark. Finites team was dominating at start pretty much because of the ball advantage. As in 8v8 there are alot more small battles where the anchors have much more impact than in 10v10 for example. And AM terr with max shrapnel and a ball just gave them that advantage we didn't have. Dist was the pretty much the mvp playing without a ball and not choking. So after the bases were swapped and we had the ball advantage we won in just few minutes.

Also one of the best pilots on finites team must be mracy. Guy is a killing machine with that perfect 200ms.
Idk I disagree with this completely, not only was eel not able to pass 75% in our base, we were undermanned at NME most of the match. Playing 3v4 and 4v5 and even hitting 5v7 at 99 several times while eel was trying to mob us (and failed at it). Also I'm pretty sure I sniped list 4-5 times throughout the match, just being undermanned and having oldman and tw players in made it nearly impossible to finish y'all off. Was a gg I must admit but with the show we had, it should have been an easy and quick game for y'all but instead it turned out that eel's squad just got outplayed and dominated the entire time.

Also on another note, flags in the beginning are completely irrelevant. Clearly it doesn't matter how many flags a team has as long as they have a ball (and that's what we focused on was hero'ing the second ball)

FINALLY, the only reason you guys won was because our anchor and s1 had lagged out at the same time, so as I went to hold nme as anchor, I couldn't go back home to help (and the newer/tw players didn't know better to go home) So don't get too cocky, yes you guys are good but you got it handed to you the entire game (until mfr choke) because we dominated you guys within seconds after you guys took our base from choke. (which is the full attack vs full defense you were talking about)
Yes I should've said we were getting dominated the whole time when you had ball advantage. We never had the % favoring us. But after the base swap we were about 70 at nme and home was 30ish. The momentum had clearly shifted in our favor. Shortly after you suffer some unlucky lagouts and we end up winning a little earlier than it would've been without the lagouts.

You are saying flags are irrelevant at start of the match? Did you have fun trying to take our fr with 17 flags in it?
The ball steal was cute play I guess...

Well I played most of the match at your base or on flank so don't really know what was going on with the def and why it was slacking even with the numbers advantage. We got some unrusting to do for sure.
H4B
2 EGFL wins (5 time finalist)
2 EGDL wins
1 BDL wins
Best new player at top 2005.
Nominee for best aggressive attacker 2009.

Attack Mode
Level 1
Posts: 37
Joined: February 13th, 2014, 6:20 pm

Re: Power audit

Post by Attack Mode » June 15th, 2017, 3:05 am

Was a GG no doubt but I messed up twice basically and you guys took advantage(how the game was won) but in no means by domination was the game won imo. Base lost w/o ball was a just a terr shot that got to me sitting there after lagouts.

PAT
Level 6
Posts: 1988
Joined: December 26th, 2010, 9:29 pm

Re: Power audit

Post by PAT » June 15th, 2017, 5:40 pm

Hunt for Blood wrote:
June 14th, 2017, 7:17 pm
PAT wrote:
June 14th, 2017, 3:35 pm
Hunt for Blood wrote:
June 12th, 2017, 6:12 am
Good read!

Have to disagree a little with your opinion on our match (black mamba vs glory holes). We got 17 flags from start vs their 3. Great start for us until we lost ball at the 3 minute mark. Finites team was dominating at start pretty much because of the ball advantage. As in 8v8 there are alot more small battles where the anchors have much more impact than in 10v10 for example. And AM terr with max shrapnel and a ball just gave them that advantage we didn't have. Dist was the pretty much the mvp playing without a ball and not choking. So after the bases were swapped and we had the ball advantage we won in just few minutes.

Also one of the best pilots on finites team must be mracy. Guy is a killing machine with that perfect 200ms.
Idk I disagree with this completely, not only was eel not able to pass 75% in our base, we were undermanned at NME most of the match. Playing 3v4 and 4v5 and even hitting 5v7 at 99 several times while eel was trying to mob us (and failed at it). Also I'm pretty sure I sniped list 4-5 times throughout the match, just being undermanned and having oldman and tw players in made it nearly impossible to finish y'all off. Was a gg I must admit but with the show we had, it should have been an easy and quick game for y'all but instead it turned out that eel's squad just got outplayed and dominated the entire time.

Also on another note, flags in the beginning are completely irrelevant. Clearly it doesn't matter how many flags a team has as long as they have a ball (and that's what we focused on was hero'ing the second ball)

FINALLY, the only reason you guys won was because our anchor and s1 had lagged out at the same time, so as I went to hold nme as anchor, I couldn't go back home to help (and the newer/tw players didn't know better to go home) So don't get too cocky, yes you guys are good but you got it handed to you the entire game (until mfr choke) because we dominated you guys within seconds after you guys took our base from choke. (which is the full attack vs full defense you were talking about)
Yes I should've said we were getting dominated the whole time when you had ball advantage. We never had the % favoring us. But after the base swap we were about 70 at nme and home was 30ish. The momentum had clearly shifted in our favor. Shortly after you suffer some unlucky lagouts and we end up winning a little earlier than it would've been without the lagouts.

You are saying flags are irrelevant at start of the match? Did you have fun trying to take our fr with 17 flags in it?
The ball steal was cute play I guess...

Well I played most of the match at your base or on flank so don't really know what was going on with the def and why it was slacking even with the numbers advantage. We got some unrusting to do for sure.
I think another 5 min and it would've been a tie rofl. Either way was a gg tho I guess. Hopefully some crucial trades in the making.
Ominous> i might spec help
Ominous> haven't decided yet
Ominous> i may have more g matters to attend to
BOMBED> you'll prolly fuck that up
BOMBED> just go afk or something
1:eel> ray j's dick was fucking eneourmous
1:qs> man i havent had female interaction in about a year

Post Reply

Return to “EGDLx 2017”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests