NEW LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT: EGDLx 2017

Extreme Games Draft League x 2017
RaeRae
EG Staff

Re: NEW LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT: EGDLx 2017

Post by RaeRae » May 6th, 2017, 10:15 pm

Alright, alright.

Guys, again, ideas. Thanks, but this thing is finalized. Let's move on and get our list of GMs. If you want to help with the league, I urge you to sign up for GM or ref.
RaeRae*

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » May 7th, 2017, 12:31 am

gaZ wrote:
May 6th, 2017, 7:58 pm
Lee wrote:
May 6th, 2017, 3:45 pm
GAZ! wrote:
May 6th, 2017, 10:55 am
Lee wrote:
May 6th, 2017, 3:56 am
dreownsu wrote:
May 6th, 2017, 1:43 am
Dont really care about having no tiers/vps. however you will lose any "newer" or players trying to learn/get better at flagging. The only way to get better/learn is to play with top level players. This format will reduce play time of newer/mid lvl players drastically and in the end you will have fewer players interested in the league to follow. Sure some mid/lows will get to play in the main season but they will obviously get subbed if the team gets smashed. Playoffs.... well i don't expect anything but the best possible lineups squads can make play, which will most likely be the first 7-8 players that get drafted to that team (Depending of if the GM is a top pilot or not).

There is no real strategy to the draft aside from getting the "best" player available to fill a position needed vs a number of variables you had to consider when drafting with VP's. Honestly, like i said above, im indifferent to what you choose but taking away the rating system is essentially taking away the fun out of EGDL. Im sure everyone has their own opinion on this, this is just mine.
Yup, it makes sense though, gaZ who hosts league is like 7-8th pick. Having vp rules would automatically bench him.
I have never benched in EGDL you fucking moron. And I still believe I would play WITHOUT VPs, even though I don't really care if i I play or not. Im doing the zone a favor by stepping up and running a league, while all you are is a fucking cancer.

Back in your hole hobbit
You have never been benched because we have used VP or low tier system... And of course you would play now, as you have maximized the possibility, by removing the need to play low tier players. You are most probably 7-8th round pick, so yea, there you go, thats what i said.

Never questioned your effort in hosting league, gj and gl. In case you have forgot, i have hosted my fair share as well, so no need to go all insulty... Never been called a hobbit, considering i am most probably the tallest player in EG, it is actually quite funny.
I'm glad you liked the joke... But you continue to contradict yourself.

Just start complaining that league coord can't be GM, and I'll quit and we'll have nothing to complain about other than not having a league!

Woooooooooweeee
That would have been an issue indeed a few years ago. Now I do not really care anymore. No contradictions, just facts you cannot argue against.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

EEL
Level 8

Post by EEL » May 7th, 2017, 1:23 am

what the actual fuck are these guys even talking about? not reading that shit.

Anyone care to summarize?
Grid

TheCript
Level 6

Post by TheCript » May 7th, 2017, 6:25 am

EEL wrote:
May 7th, 2017, 1:23 am
what the actual fuck are these guys even talking about? not reading that shit.

Anyone care to summarize?
summarize:
yes vp, no vp

ps. i didnt read either
Fc> how old are you again?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?
Fc> you sure you didn't mistype and you actually wanted to type 14?

^^ the level of trolling fc is stuck at ^^

GAZ!
Level 5

Post by GAZ! » May 7th, 2017, 11:16 am

Im arguing with lee bc some of the shit he says just doesn't make sense.

Lee said:
Yup, it makes sense though, gaZ who hosts league is like 7-8th pick. Having vp rules would automatically bench him.
Ive played in 4 egdl's, started, and won all 4. Why would VP rule bench me when each of those 4 leagues in the past had the VP rule?
I honestly thinks no freq requirements gives me less of chance to play. sooooo.. huh?

Lee said:
No contradictions, just facts you cannot argue against.
Anyone with a brain knows if I responded to something you said, I was right. This statement actually applies to you WAY more than it does me. You on the other hand cannot. ever. admit. you're wrong.

Unlimited
Level 4

Post by Unlimited » May 7th, 2017, 12:08 pm

Both of you acting immature. Grow the fuck up.
Colonel Lag> 275 consecutive kills? I'm lucky to get 2 consecutive kills!

GAZ!
Level 5

Post by GAZ! » May 7th, 2017, 2:07 pm

in case you forgot the zone thrived off shit talking.

now its dead tho :/

stewie
Level 3

Post by stewie » May 7th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Can we make bets on who will be the odb of this league?

1000 egc on Johnson, rest of GM's look pretty solid

TheCript
Level 6

Post by TheCript » May 7th, 2017, 3:05 pm

stewie wrote:
May 7th, 2017, 3:01 pm

already told johnson i wont play for him

i also bet johnson 1000 egc
Fc> how old are you again?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?
Fc> you sure you didn't mistype and you actually wanted to type 14?

^^ the level of trolling fc is stuck at ^^

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » May 7th, 2017, 3:21 pm

GAZ! wrote:
May 7th, 2017, 11:16 am

Lee said:
Ive played in 4 egdl's, started, and won all 4. Why would VP rule bench me when each of those 4 leagues in the past had the VP rule?
I honestly thinks no freq requirements gives me less of chance to play. sooooo.. huh?

Lee said:
Anyone with a brain knows if I responded to something you said, I was right. This statement actually applies to you WAY more than it does me. You on the other hand cannot. ever. admit. you're wrong.
Rofl, has been a while since we had a league op incapable of even simple logic or math. I guess i need to explain again. There are basically 4 used VP methods, let me explain each one using your example:

1) OLDSCHOOL 0-9 vps + freq vp limit
In this system, the probability of starting relies heavily on fact if you are underrated or overrated. I will not bother checking all leagues, but first one i opened (2012 i think?), you were rated 5vp. This makes you underrated, as you have always been a solid 6, on a good day 7. So any GM who would get you, would want to play you, making your starting very likely

2) JAXENS 3-tier system
In this system everyone gets split to 3 tiers and best chances of playing are those who are on high-end of the the tiergroup. So 9s in top tier 7s in mid-tier, 4s in low tier etc. You, as a solid 6, would be somewhere in middle of mid-tier, not a guaranteed starter, but depending on how freq is setup (how many mid/low tiers needed), you could get some games.

3) 3-tier system based on draft 3b) 2-tier system based on draft
In this version your tier is based on when you get picked. You are most likely going to go in around 7-8th round, so logically for your GM, you would be 7th or 8th pick to fill spot. If there is requirement playing other tiers, your spot would be in danger

4) no tiers
Like before, you would be 7-8th pick, but with no tier system, with much better chance of starting.

Still need clarification?
I'm seriously getting tired of arguing with mentally inferior people.

EEL
Level 8

Post by EEL » May 8th, 2017, 1:13 am

Lee wrote:
May 7th, 2017, 3:21 pm
GAZ! wrote:

Lee said:

Lee said:
Rofl, has been a while since we had a league op incapable of even simple logic or math. I guess i need to explain again. There are basically 4 used VP methods, let me explain each one using your example:

In this system, the probability of starting relies heavily on fact if you are underrated or overrated. I will not bother checking all leagues, but first one i opened (2012 i think?), you were rated 5vp. This makes you underrated, as you have always been a solid 6, on a good day 7. So any GM who would get you, would want to play you, making your starting very likely

2) JAXENS 3-tier system
In this system everyone gets split to 3 tiers and best chances of playing are those who are on high-end of the the tiergroup. So 9s in top tier 7s in mid-tier, 4s in low tier etc. You, as a solid 6, would be somewhere in middle of mid-tier, not a guaranteed starter, but depending on how freq is setup (how many mid/low tiers needed), you could get some games.

In this version your tier is based on when you get picked. You are most likely going to go in around 7-8th round, so logically for your GM, you would be 7th or 8th pick to fill spot. If there is requirement playing other tiers, your spot would be in danger

4) no tiers
Like before, you would be 7-8th pick, but with no tier system, with much better chance of starting.

stop sabotaging and either play or please stop with the negative comments about this league or league op. I don't see you trying to help the zone at all, as soon as you don't like something you run away to TW. Why should we listen to you? I'm pretty sure we could find someone else to do some funky biased reviews.
Grid

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » May 8th, 2017, 2:26 am

EEL wrote:
May 8th, 2017, 1:13 am
Lee wrote:
May 7th, 2017, 3:21 pm
GAZ! wrote:

Lee said:

Lee said:

2) JAXENS 3-tier system

4) no tiers

stop sabotaging and either play or please stop with the negative comments about this league or league op. I don't see you trying to help the zone at all, as soon as you don't like something you run away to TW. Why should we listen to you? I'm pretty sure we could find someone else to do some funky biased reviews.
Give me one good reason why someone should play in a league he doesn't like. Sounds ridiculous, also you are seriously overestimating my capabilities to sabotage anything.

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » May 8th, 2017, 4:57 am

yeh well what lee says is kinda true. I vor one do not want to play regular matches for more than an hour tbh, ive been get bored teh first 10 min very often for years now and even tho i always find a way to pull myself tru(weed) its still rather dull. So with this being said, shorten bases and flagtimer or someone else can take my gm spot and signup cause i dont want to commit myself with games that can last over 1 hour to 8 hours, especially with balanced top freqs.

Eel you yourself said you wouldnt play if tehy didnt change the tier system, how come only you can have demands?
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

EEL
Level 8

Post by EEL » May 8th, 2017, 6:36 am

Optimal wrote:
May 8th, 2017, 4:57 am
yeh well what lee says is kinda true. I vor one do not want to play regular matches for more than an hour tbh, ive been get bored teh first 10 min very often for years now and even tho i always find a way to pull myself tru(weed) its still rather dull. So with this being said, shorten bases and flagtimer or someone else can take my gm spot and signup cause i dont want to commit myself with games that can last over 1 hour to 8 hours, especially with balanced top freqs.

Eel you yourself said you wouldnt play if tehy didnt change the tier system, how come only you can have demands?

We had 5 squads for egft or egfl whatever. We were suppose to get a draft league without vps or requirements. Now shorter bases and flag timer lol cmon man.
Grid

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » May 8th, 2017, 6:48 am

EEL wrote:
May 8th, 2017, 6:36 am
Optimal wrote:

We had 5 squads for egft or egfl whatever. We were suppose to get a draft league without vps or requirements. Now shorter bases and flag timer lol cmon man.
You never had 5 squads for egfl, if u still do not know, entire bacons squad was to troll you as hosting a real-squad league in 2017 in EG is ridiculous, i am also sure finite was not really that much into participating. There are no real squads in eg, no point in hosting leagues for them.

I do understand that you are completely unable to win any league unless you have the best players in game at all times, but removing the key element of EGDL is just simply wrong.

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » May 8th, 2017, 8:19 am

EEL wrote:
May 8th, 2017, 6:36 am
Optimal wrote:

yeh well this might seem weird for you, but if i lead or join a squad, everybody expects me to play full games because of obvious reasons, so if the game lasts 6 hours, people expect me to play for 6 fuckin hours. This is not the case with you however, u playin or not has basically 0 impact in a balanced team, ur expendable as far as positions and impact go, ur a good leader and freq leader tho, i wouldnt replace you on that so easily, but those positions are not relevant here.

And its true, CSGO warrior was a troll squad. Now, i would have made a squad wth old redstar players but that league got cancelled and on top of that i wasnt rly feeling it anymore. I havent been excited about eg at all, and been tryin to quit leagues a few times only to get pursuaded by redstar buddies.

The main issue has always been the long ass games EG had and still has. Its one of the problems that keep players away from this game, because it takes to damn long. If we got something out of it, even if it was a steam achievement, we could have done it, but we get shit and the current active player core is not even close to old eg's skill and game sense, so theres nothing rly to strive for or people to defeat. Maybe for you people its great to defeat me in leagues, but to me the build up to each match and the hopes of gettin challenged to a 1v1 has more excitement for me than playing vs the misfits of the past who come at me with the same damn moves every fuckin time.

Anyway, i could go on, but thats kinda how i feel about these leagues the past few years, tried to trash everyone again, tried to challenge everyne, one guy accepted and then he had to warm up for 2 weeks, (hi finite nub) you guys are a shame for EG
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

Golfer.
Level 3

Post by Golfer. » May 10th, 2017, 3:04 am

^ You realize that if I tried my hardest you probably wouldn't be able to beat me 1vs1. I'm assuming that you're talking about base fighting here

On a side note though this next league should be a challenge for all GM's considering there's only 6 squads versus the regular 8
6:5150> when i asked world he said " sec let me talk to my coders... 5 seconds go by then he says YEP they can do it "

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » May 10th, 2017, 3:08 am

lets go then, what you wanna put up? squadnames?
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » May 10th, 2017, 3:09 am

ill put up viper if u got something of equal coolness
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

Golfer.
Level 3

Post by Golfer. » May 10th, 2017, 8:22 pm

I'll put my other alias Hulksmash on the line... I definitely wouldn't wanna lose that
6:5150> when i asked world he said " sec let me talk to my coders... 5 seconds go by then he says YEP they can do it "

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » May 11th, 2017, 5:13 am

are you already tryin to dodge the duel? be clear please and stop being a noob. and since when does squad mean alias? fuckin idiot, if you cant even think clear anymore why even assume u will beat me rofl. so we doing this or what? be clear u fuckin noob.
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

Johnson
EG Staff

Post by Johnson » May 11th, 2017, 5:35 am

TheCript wrote:
May 7th, 2017, 3:05 pm
stewie wrote:
May 7th, 2017, 3:01 pm

already told johnson i wont play for him

i also bet johnson 1000 egc

I bet all my EGC on Johnson
Johnson

Golfer.
Level 3

Post by Golfer. » May 12th, 2017, 2:53 am

Optimal wrote:
May 11th, 2017, 5:13 am
are you already tryin to dodge the duel? be clear please and stop being a noob. and since when does squad mean alias? fuckin idiot, if you cant even think clear anymore why even assume u will beat me rofl. so we doing this or what? be clear u fuckin noob.
I don't have any good squads to put on the line so instead I put a rly good alias on the line. If you don't like it then screw it we'll still do a 10b2 sometime

so we doing this or what? be clear u fuckin noob. You gonna be on tomorrow?

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » May 12th, 2017, 3:51 am

I know you have squads, stop being a pussy u lttle twat, what kind of alias is hulk smash anyway rofl. You being scared to put up any of your squadnames which is probaly been advised against you (LOL) just shows you dont even believe in yourself. How can you be this weak of a person lol
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » May 12th, 2017, 4:01 am

just post your squadlist, ill pick which one ill take from you
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

EEL
Level 8

Post by EEL » May 12th, 2017, 9:12 am

Smoki show some respect to GOLFER he is more valuable to any squad or freq then you will ever be. Last time i checked you are known for losing leagues forum warrior sit down.
Grid

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » May 12th, 2017, 1:03 pm

EEL wrote:
May 12th, 2017, 9:12 am
Smoki show some respect to GOLFER he is more valuable to any squad or freq then you will ever be. Last time i checked you are known for losing leagues forum warrior sit down.
i respect golfer no doubt, i like him as a person, but he should stay in his lane when it comes to spider, especially 1on1
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » May 12th, 2017, 1:11 pm

pretty sure i won 2 leagues last year btw eel, even beating your squad in finals. stay in ur lane
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

Golfer.
Level 3

Post by Golfer. » May 12th, 2017, 3:16 pm

I think hulksmash is a sick alias rofl but nevertheless I'm not here to try to get ppl to thrive off of our "shttalking" - I'm just saying that I honestly think if I were to put in 110% effort that I think I'd have a 60% chance ( you 40% ) of winning.

Like I said I can't remember any squads I own... it's been wayyy too long since I've done ?squadcreate... You still in or u gonna back out?
Maybe think of a good alias that you have and put that on the line, or less valuable-to-you squad

PAT
Level 7

Post by PAT » May 12th, 2017, 6:10 pm

ill 1v1
Ominous> i might spec help
Ominous> haven't decided yet
Ominous> i may have more g matters to attend to
BOMBED> you'll prolly fuck that up
BOMBED> just go afk or something
1:eel> ray j's dick was fucking eneourmous
1:qs> man i havent had female interaction in about a year