SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

By Monty Python
eel not responding. lets just discuss rules together and play by them. so, we gotta make clear how we wanna deal with pub wins in general according to egfl: keep it the way that pub wins can gain egfl points at all? and if we keep it, then we must lower the possible points: i would say 3 points should be max with like 6-7+ sqaudmember on freq. then 1 point for 5+ with lower jp. but i would also raise jp for 3 pts maybe. also we gotta talk about egbdl. ill write more here tomorrow. just wanted to open this so we can get started. every squadleader should respond to this (and of course whoever wants to join this discussion!).
By doomsy
we need a proof that the game wasnt just something where the jp raised due to bd and a squad get in with the minimum player and win the jp without even a fight for it. 420 made that few times and imo this shouldnt be counted toward league points.

why is the winning tab got reduced to only winning team ? cant even see clearly if there was a game going on anymore.

id say 3 points for a full squad freq and a jp over 5 million. below that reduce to 2 and 1 point accordingly.
By jaXen
EEL wrote:Done.

New rule effective 7/25/2016.
The changes you made were not even proposed. Seriously 1 egfl point for having 1 squad member on the freq? That's not even a team effort. Also only 3 on freq still isn't even a squad effort.
By Monty Python
EEL wrote:Done.

New rule effective 7/25/2016.

nice try. nothign is done. you just replace one stupid thing with another:)
Last edited by Monty Python on July 25th, 2016, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Monty Python
My idea of a point system that stays connected to main EGFL.

1. option
1 point -> at least 5 Players with jp of 3+ mil --- a squad can not make more then 10 points a week from pub games that give 1 point.
(could also set a minimum of most kills reached by either any1 in game, or on freq or from specific squad that tries to gain pts here. That might help to prevent squads to just massively gain one pointers in times where other squads are fully afk etc.. Every squad should have a fight to get points)

2. option
2 points -> at least 6 Players with jp of 5+ mil --- a squad can not make more then 10 points a week from pub games that give 1 point.

3. option
3 points -> at least 8 Players with jp of 8+ mil --- no limit needed, since it's very hard for every squad to get so many members in games with such a high jp.

So for me it only makes sense to connect points won by pub games to the origin EGFL when the pub points can hardly excel a normal EGFL match on sunday. But yet make it possible for losing squads to catch on with alot of teamwork. This is my main thought where I start off.

So since a sunday match gives 10 Points, the pub point system should make it very hard to gain 10 or more points during a week. So I think it should be possible for a squad to counterbalance their score with pub wins, but it should be something a whole squad has to work for several days if not more then a whole week together.

Also I thought it might makes sense to set limits for certain variations that can earn your squad points: So since its not so hard for every squad to get 5+ players into games with 3mil jp's, its quite reasonable to say a squad cant earn more then10 points a week from this. Same goes for 2 point games. Further if a squad has already earned 10 pts by the first option, they can still ight and try to prevent enemy squads from winning those matches. So its still deos boost pub activity.

I think this is a more balanced system, that still keeps pub alive while it doesnt punish squads that win sunday but arent super active during week.

IDEAS?
Last edited by Monty Python on July 25th, 2016, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PAT
Why change rules in the middle of the league after my squad has worked so hard in pub to win points one way and then you rob them and strip us of all of our points. It's bullshit to just go around changing rules to help out your own squad. This is why eel should have never been given back mod powers and why he should've stayed FIRED. He doesn't need to run any leagues, he doesn't need to do shit if he's gonna have his own squad in the league. All we see every league from him is blatant abuse.
By jaXen
EEL wrote:Insonic worried? lol
Why would we be worried? We've gotten the most points from the system that is in place so if anything we should want to keep it.
By jaXen
PAT wrote:Why change rules in the middle of the league after my squad has worked so hard in pub to win points one way and then you rob them and strip us of all of our points. It's bullshit to just go around changing rules to help out your own squad. This is why eel should have never been given back mod powers and why he should've stayed FIRED. He doesn't need to run any leagues, he doesn't need to do shit if he's gonna have his own squad in the league. All we see every league from him is blatant abuse.
From what I understand, you won't lose any points that you have already earned but it is just changing for the future games.
By Monty Python
we dont have to go backwards and let the new rules affect games that have already taken place. But its important to find a proper system from now on.
By Rek
Whatever rules/decisions are made here should focus on driving PUB ACTIVITY above all else -- however that is achieved. I'd be for not putting a limit on how many points you can earn weekly in pub. Weekend matches where one win gets you 10 points is still much easier than 3-6 pub victories to get up to 10... and it takes much less time so would still be highly desired.
By Rek
Except for the 1 point for 1 person on freq. Not a fan of that. Too easy. Should be at least 3 on freq IMO.
By EEL
As for now pub points will be on hold, new rule will be finalized by tomorrow morning.
By inFamous
doomsy wrote:we need a proof that the game wasnt just something where the jp raised due to bd and a squad get in with the minimum player and win the jp without even a fight for it. 420 made that few times and imo this shouldnt be counted toward league points.

why is the winning tab got reduced to only winning team ? cant even see clearly if there was a game going on anymore.

id say 3 points for a full squad freq and a jp over 5 million. below that reduce to 2 and 1 point accordingly.

Is Somebody MAD They Are Last Place ?
By Monty Python
Guys, it really doesnt help anybody when 80% of the first reactions people post here are based on the distrust of other squads/leaders..
By Monty Python
Rek wrote:Whatever rules/decisions are made here should focus on driving PUB ACTIVITY above all else -- however that is achieved. I'd be for not putting a limit on how many points you can earn weekly in pub. Weekend matches where one win gets you 10 points is still much easier than 3-6 pub victories to get up to 10... and it takes much less time so would still be highly desired.
Yeah, maybe we dont need to limit the wins. But if we would, the desire to prevent another squad to win pts would still drive squad into battles, even tho they cant win a point for themselves. So maybe it doesnt danger pub activity at all.

Further, I wouldnt say sunday matches are by any means more ez then pub wins. In pub alot can happen: u can invite non squadies and be way stronger as low tier squad agsint any other team just by smart allies. You can win by chance via thor, port, luck. You can Jump in with squad and be lucky to find a yet not won big jp even tho u just got on. In ordinary sunday matches u are solely respnsible as a squad. In pub u can get several ways of help that can turn agsint u anytime so to speak.

Rek wrote:Except for the 1 point for 1 person on freq. Not a fan of that. Too easy. Should be at least 3 on freq IMO.

Yes, it should 100% be a teamwin of more members.
By Monty Python
There is also the possibility to stick to the rules before last change, but raise the pts u gain by ordinary matches to 30.

8.1 A EGFL scheduled match win will earn the squad 30 points. A loss or no-show will earn the squad 0 points.

8.1B A Public arena freq win with 5 or more EGFL Players on freq will earn 1 Point, with a jackpot of 3 mil+.

8.1C A Public arena freq win with 6 EGFL Players on freq will earn 3 Points, with a jackpot of 5 mil+.

8.1D A Public arena freq win with 6 EGFL Players on freq will earn 10 Points, with a jackpot of 10 mil+.

8.1E Top squads for the reset will earn 3 points.

This way we wouldnt need to change much, yet make real matchse count way more then pub action, while there is still a good chance for everyone to counterbalance match losses etc. But if we raise match wins to 30 Pts, we should adapt the matches already taken place. Whateva happened in pub could stay how it is. Ideas? Additions? critic?

Also: What about roster rules for pub games? Are they the same or different? So pub games only count when the pilots in playing were all added to roster 1 week before? Is it even possible to check that by now? Or should we leave this rule for sundays and be more flexible for pub?
By EEL
Monty Python wrote:There is also the possibility to stick to the rules before last change, but raise the pts u gain by ordinary matches to 30.

8.1 A EGFL scheduled match win will earn the squad 30 points. A loss or no-show will earn the squad 0 points.

8.1B A Public arena freq win with 5 or more EGFL Players on freq will earn 1 Point, with a jackpot of 3 mil+.

8.1C A Public arena freq win with 6 EGFL Players on freq will earn 3 Points, with a jackpot of 5 mil+.

8.1D A Public arena freq win with 6 EGFL Players on freq will earn 10 Points, with a jackpot of 10 mil+.

This way we wouldnt need to change much, yet make real matchse count way more then pub action, while there is still a good chance for everyone to counterbalance match losses etc. But if we raise match wins to 30 Pts, we should adapt the matches already taken place. Whateva happened in pub could stay how it is. Ideas? Additions? critic?

Also: What about roster rules for pub games? Are they the same or different? So pub games only count when the pilots in playing were all added to roster 1 week before? Is it even possible to check that by now? Or should we leave this rule for sundays and be more flexible for pub?

Roster lock is coming up so it wouldn't change much about being flexible to pub wins, i say we change egfl game wins to 30 points and leave pub points as it is, updating standings with week 1 and 2 results with 30 points would be the best way to go. But hey i don't think i'm allowed to comment without getting bullshit from finite lol :lol:
By Monty Python
EEL wrote:
Roster lock is coming up so it wouldn't change much about being flexible to pub wins, i say we change egfl game wins to 30 points and leave pub points as it is, updating standings with week 1 and 2 results with 30 points would be the best way to go. But hey i don't think i'm allowed to comment without getting bullshit from finite lol :lol:
Well yes the lock comes this friday. But what about the previous games? Not all pilots on several squad have been on roster for 7 days. We cant see who was added when on rosters, so we let them count anyway I guess..
By DunderCreed
PROPOSED CHANGE

8.1C A Public arena freq win with 6 EGFL Players on freq will earn 2 points with a jackpot of 5 mil+.

8.1D A Public arena freq win with 6 EGFL Players on freq will earn 3 points , with a jackpot of 10 mil+.

Rek> All change should focus on pub activity.

NO. If you focus everything pub activity, with no look at balancing with sunday games, the following will happen

-People devalue sunday games, you make more guaranteed points by just playing pub

- 1-2 squads will get lots of points in pub, rest of squads will fall behind

-most squads will stop caring about sunday game

-EGFL becomes pointless

-people stop playing pub, since EGFL doesn't matter anymore

BLOWBACK SON.
By Monty Python
i understand ur concerns dunder. but actually I think once we raise sundays to 30 points, its gonna be fine. its hard for a squad to win 3 of those 10 mil game in a week i think.
By EEL

8.1A EGFL scheduled match win will earn the squad 30 points. A loss or no-show will earn the squad 0 points.

8.1E Top squads for the reset will earn 3 points. Data via eDome.

8.1F Top 3 players with highest points will earn 2 points to their respected EGFL Squad. Data via eDome.
By doomsy
Infamous... Why would i be mad to be last place ? U had to force ur way into pub game and abuse bd games milking pub jp to win a game without an nme attacking you to get these points. On paper my best line destroy 420 in any way like any of those stacked squad. Thx have a nice day.
By Optimal
lol doomsy, on paper your squad consists mostly of low tiers like yourself
By doomsy
Oh look its the owner of viper who ditched his squad which was having even lower tier player to have a chance to make it to 3rd place by putting aside his roster and taking another roster. Lol
Hi

lol no, i'm just not a scumbag. I....i don't k[…]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!