New EGFL Point System

EEL
Level 8

New EGFL Point System

Post by EEL » June 25th, 2016, 10:07 pm

Update to EGFL, we will have a new and improved EGFL.
Below will be found in the EGFL Rules post.

8.1 A EGFL scheduled match win will earn the squad 10 points. A loss or no-show will earn the squad 0 points.

8.1B A Public arena freq win with 5 or more EGFL Players on freq will earn 1 Point, with a jackpot of 3 mil+.

8.1C A Public arena freq win with 8 EGFL Players on freq will earn 3 Points, with a jackpot of 5 mil+.

8.1D Top squads for the reset will earn 3 points. Example> Top squads are Team Gluten (64.1m), The Watch (50.2m), and 420 (44.9m). View full stats & more at http://bit.ly/1NbiLcc (Being zoned in public arena.)

8.1E Top 3 players with highest points will earn 2 points to their respected EGFL Squad, player must have a minimum of two weeks on the squad per post to add/remove on rosters forums. Example> Top players are SalviAz (24.8m), Ebony&Ivory (22.5m), and STEALTH mODE (20.2m). View full stats & more at http://bit.ly/1NbiLcc

Thoughts?
Grid

jaXen
Level 6

Re: New EGFL Point System

Post by jaXen » June 26th, 2016, 7:55 am

I like it. It will definitely give an incentive to play pub more. I think there should be a higher point value for being the top squad at the end of a reset though since it is every two weeks. Maybe like 8 points so that it's very significant but not as much as a squad match.
Aliases: AfghaN, jaXeN, mvp

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » June 26th, 2016, 8:49 am

if pub is going to change, why bother with this
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

Monty Python
Level 6

Post by Monty Python » June 26th, 2016, 9:40 am

I like it too. Other than jaxen I would rather wait and see how big the impact of pub points becomes compared to the matches and maybe adjust after 1 month again if needed. But pub wins/points shouldnt have too much of an impact, so that this system doesnt punish teams too much that win their egfl matches, but dont play so much pub. I know this is exactly the point of it on one side. But on the other side: we all want a good league and if squads might dont even form in first place (maybe b/c their players could only show on sundays, but not play so much during week), or start having bad shows cuz they suddenly cant make up the leeway anymore, this system could hurt league in overall.

DunderCreed
Level 1

Post by DunderCreed » June 26th, 2016, 6:58 pm

EEL wrote:
8.1B A Public arena freq win with 5 or more EGFL Players on freq will earn 1 Point, with a jackpot of 3 mil+.

8.1C A Public arena freq win with 8 EGFL Players on freq will earn 3 Points, with a jackpot of 5 mil+.

8.1D Top squads for the reset will earn 3 points. Example> Top squads are Team Gluten (64.1m), The Watch (50.2m), and 420 (44.9m). View full stats & more at http://bit.ly/1NbiLcc (Being zoned in public arena.)

8.1E Top 3 players with highest points will earn 2 points to their respected EGFL Squad, player must have a minimum of two weeks on the squad per post to add/remove on rosters forums. Example> Top players are SalviAz (24.8m), Ebony&Ivory (22.5m), and STEALTH mODE (20.2m). View full stats & more at http://bit.ly/1NbiLcc

Thoughts?
Love it

jaXen
Level 6

Post by jaXen » June 26th, 2016, 8:39 pm

Monty Python wrote:I like it too. Other than jaxen I would rather wait and see how big the impact of pub points becomes compared to the matches and maybe adjust after 1 month again if needed. But pub wins/points shouldnt have too much of an impact, so that this system doesnt punish teams too much that win their egfl matches, but dont play so much pub. I know this is exactly the point of it on one side. But on the other side: we all want a good league and if squads might dont even form in first place (maybe b/c their players could only show on sundays, but not play so much during week), or start having bad shows cuz they suddenly cant make up the leeway anymore, this system could hurt league in overall.
Yeah that's a good point. You don't want to alter the results based on activity over skill.
Aliases: AfghaN, jaXeN, mvp

PAT
Level 7

Post by PAT » June 26th, 2016, 10:37 pm

I disagree. I think activity should be rewarded in a league.
Ominous> i might spec help
Ominous> haven't decided yet
Ominous> i may have more g matters to attend to
BOMBED> you'll prolly fuck that up
BOMBED> just go afk or something
1:eel> ray j's dick was fucking eneourmous
1:qs> man i havent had female interaction in about a year

Monty Python
Level 6

Post by Monty Python » June 27th, 2016, 7:08 am

PAT wrote:I disagree. I think activity should be rewarded in a league.
But activity > Teamplay in clear 8vs8 matches? Remember, in pub, its not 'fairplay' (so to say) as in ordinary matches. 3 freq games can arise, ppl play in mixed pub/priv and it matters who they invite to their freq (they can easily stack at times), thors/ports are in. All those things can decide the turnout of a game within seconds. I would not want pub matches to be having an intense impact on league. The proportion eel posted between effort and pts to gain sounds reasonable to me after all tho.

BOGmeduser
Level 6

Post by BOGmeduser » June 27th, 2016, 11:09 am

Pub games and activity are mostly unrelated to finding out who are the best flaggers in the zone on Sundays.

Just make them two separate standings/titles. If demand and competition to win the activity title rises thats great but everyone knows they shouldn't have a big effect on squad standings in EGFL. A clear playoff contender should not miss playoffs due to a few activity/pub points. Etc.

BOGmeduser
Level 6

Post by BOGmeduser » June 27th, 2016, 11:11 am

There may be a benefit to making them separate winnable titles. Lower tier teams unable to win EGFL could have a chance to grab a secondary pub title, thus keeping them active and competitive.

Return to “EGFL 2016”