Draft Date

Moderators: EEL, lv

Cyclone
Level 1

Draft Date

Post by Cyclone » October 16th, 2015, 9:31 am

Scheduling a date for the draft would help get things moving on this league idea.

mattyoung
Level 5

Re: Draft Date

Post by mattyoung » October 17th, 2015, 10:50 am

no doubt my friend
Kryp> everyone on team plow lags
Hydro> theyre called team plow coz they plow through bullets and bombs, its required to be on the team
Blahhy> team plow doesn't look like they are plowing through anyone
EGBDL1 Team Plow
EGFDL 2012 So Brave
EGFDL 2015 RisinBloodMob
EGBDL 2017 Jesus Shit

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » October 19th, 2015, 10:00 am

this league should be cancelled
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

Lacoste
Level 6

Post by Lacoste » October 20th, 2015, 8:59 am

Lee wrote:this league should be cancelled
agreed,..make a pub league...simple..small squads..wins..but then with the 1 flag gone and 30 back..aint as ez.. we should make anti easier to be green in certain ships
Eura> You have been The Most misunderstood player in EG history. Easily one of my top 10 players to flag with of all-time.
Travelling is my life

Ioth
Level 5

Post by Ioth » October 20th, 2015, 9:56 am

Lacoste wrote:
agreed,..make a pub league...simple..small squads..wins..but then with the 1 flag gone and 30 back..aint as ez.. we should make anti easier to be green in certain ships
A pub league? I'm fairly skeptical about the working of a format like that.

I'm wondering how you would like to see it work. I can think of two 'sensible' concepts on the spot.
1) Have a league, but instead of playing in egfl or egdl map you play in pub
I don't see this being benefical over regular egfl. It's just different settings, we wouldn't even need to use pub map for that.

2) Have regular pub going on but rank squads based on the amount of points.
Yeah... gathering alot of points for a reset is a concept which hasn't been worked since the death of edome. Sure, maybe now that points 'matter' it MIGHT bring SOME interest to pubs. But I don't think alot of vet players will enjoy this. Basically because pub can prove to be fairly unplayable due to either 3freq disasters or 20v20 pubday horrors.

Other then that I don't see much competition in the idea of most points wins. Doesn't really prove who has the best team, but rather what squad has the most active players.

So unless you have something different in mind a pub league sounds like a horrible idea to me. :/

SAVE THE LANCASTER

1:Darren> i should host prized trivia
1:Darren> thing is
1:Darren> im fking stupid

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » October 20th, 2015, 2:32 pm

Ioth wrote:
Lacoste wrote:

I'm wondering how you would like to see it work. I can think of two 'sensible' concepts on the spot.
I don't see this being benefical over regular egfl. It's just different settings, we wouldn't even need to use pub map for that.

Yeah... gathering alot of points for a reset is a concept which hasn't been worked since the death of edome. Sure, maybe now that points 'matter' it MIGHT bring SOME interest to pubs. But I don't think alot of vet players will enjoy this. Basically because pub can prove to be fairly unplayable due to either 3freq disasters or 20v20 pubday horrors.

Other then that I don't see much competition in the idea of most points wins. Doesn't really prove who has the best team, but rather what squad has the most active players.

So unless you have something different in mind a pub league sounds like a horrible idea to me. :/
First of all it is not a pub league.
Secondly its nothing like egdl/egfl in sense of having squads face each other in pub
Thirdly, it would be only viable with new settings (1-flag) and with switch from jackpot to wins logic.

Idea itself is very simple.
We either have a draft or use real squads. In both versions there will be a limit for those squads (in case of draft, please read what Azela had in mind regarding vps and max roster, in case of real squads, it will probably be just max roster), but idea behind it is very simple. For a period of 1 month, the goal for every squad in league is to gather as many wins as possible in pub arena. After 1 month, 4 top squads with most wins (this encourages activity but also maybe motivates vets to play more as otherwise their slot on roster may be deemed worthless) get to second phase, which will consist of 4 squads facing each other once (or twice depending on how popular this is) and top 2 squads after that group face meet in final. The second phase would not take part in pub, but in egdl/egfl arena.

Hopefully its more clear.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

Ioth
Level 5

Post by Ioth » October 20th, 2015, 3:20 pm

Lee wrote:
Ioth wrote:
Lacoste wrote:

First of all it is not a pub league.
Secondly its nothing like egdl/egfl in sense of having squads face each other in pub
Thirdly, it would be only viable with new settings (1-flag) and with switch from jackpot to wins logic.

Idea itself is very simple.
We either have a draft or use real squads. In both versions there will be a limit for those squads (in case of draft, please read what Azela had in mind regarding vps and max roster, in case of real squads, it will probably be just max roster), but idea behind it is very simple. For a period of 1 month, the goal for every squad in league is to gather as many wins as possible in pub arena. After 1 month, 4 top squads with most wins (this encourages activity but also maybe motivates vets to play more as otherwise their slot on roster may be deemed worthless) get to second phase, which will consist of 4 squads facing each other once (or twice depending on how popular this is) and top 2 squads after that group face meet in final. The second phase would not take part in pub, but in egdl/egfl arena.

Hopefully its more clear.
Heh I guess I should've been more clear :P I responded on laco's remarkt, not yours Lee.

As for your idea, it may have potential, but obviously it should be pub tested to see if the idea catches on. Though as far as I can tell you're allready busy with getting that fixed. So I guess that piece of advice is too little help of you. :P

SAVE THE LANCASTER

1:Darren> i should host prized trivia
1:Darren> thing is
1:Darren> im fking stupid

Return to “EGBDL Draft? 2015 (Fall)”