Vote and discuss league games inside.

Who will win?

Exalt
61%
Impurity
39%
By Zeker
rofl you idiots make it seem like we plan this shit out, it just happens

but if this happens to arboreal nobody gives a fuck but when we do it its diff story
By inaccurate
Everyone's talking like the TKs were intentional. They weren't. All the TKs were accidental, call it lucky if you like, but fact remains that our captains responded to the situation faster (I'm not even sure Imp did respond as I only heard us getting all the neuts) than Imp did. Cry more about how lucky we got if you please. But sounds to me like we generated our own luck.

As for the gray area about fixing them and giving them back to our anchors: as King said, it wasn't explicitly stated in the rules and even he wasn't sure what to do about it as a ref. He reffed the game as he saw fair and as it turns out, we were able to fix the TK neuts and give them back to our anchors. Imp wasn't able to stop it from happening. Are we supposed to say, oh shucks, we inadvertently found a loophole in the rules of a game that's been played for over a decade, let's all stop and give the flags back? Now that the rule has been more explicitly defined, there isn't a dispute. We get specced if we do it, and the flags get neuted (or whatever the rule is, I skimmed).
Btw is anyone surprised that exalt pulled yet another gray area in a game? I seem to remember them doing this vs. us last time we met as well.
And yeah PW, all the gray area cheating is reserved against you. So watch out for tomorrow's episode of How Will Exalt Bone Pointwhore Again By Violating the Rules? Hosted by Sentenal
By iamnewb
King wrote:
Zeker wrote:WORD AROUND THE WATERCOOLER IS THAT WHEN ONE OF OUR REDS TK'D THE OTHER, AND WE RECOVERED TKNEUTS WITH FREQ 101 KING SPAMMED OUR FLAGGER TO DROP

that must be the dumbest shit ever rofl, getting tk'd in no way forced u to drop those flags ROFLROFL

stupid shit

they're discussign it atm
no, it is not retarded. it is a gray area in the rules that can create confusion.

6.2 Flags can be moved by a squad as a result of a “bad” drop. Members of the squad are permitted to go to another private frequency for the sole purpose of picking up flags that have not been successfully dropped in that squad’s flag room.

this rule states, you can only fix flags that are BAD DROPS. TK neuts are not considered 'bad drops', they are considered 'center neuts'. which means you're not even allowed to fix them in the first place.

6.2.a Players fixing bad drops or carrying the flags that were previously bad dropped in base are not allowed to kill with flags.

this rule is irrelevant, because tk neuts are considered CENTER NEUTS. you can't fix them since they are not bad drops. basically the rules are retarded, so i could've either specced you for fixing flags you were not allowed to fix, or i could treat them as bad drops 'in a base' and spec you for killing with them.

because the rules are as fucked up as they are, and i did not take a clear position on it until it had happened twice, i allowed you to do it. i warned sent though if you did it again i would spec the carrier. i stand by my decision, and the rule has been fixed now so that tk neuts are also considered bad drops.
First of all the first rule you stated does not specifically state that bad drops are the ONLY type you are allowed to fix.

Secondly I think this section of the rules should be rewritten to be more specific. For example, 1st make a specific rule about bad drops, one stating that bad drops may be moved into FR etc, and may not be transferred for the use as a red carrier.

However, there should also be a rule stating that in a case for tk neuts, a team may fix the tk neuts, transfer to a player on their original freq for either the purpose of flag carrying or dropping in a fr.

The reasons being for the difference of the two rules in terms of the ability of the freq to use the flags how they choose is because of the specificity of each situation. In the case of a bad drop, the original freq had intended on dropping their flags, and the rule stated above prevents them from picking when to red a player to gain an unfair advantage.

However, in the second scenario, the freq’s intended purpose was not to drop their flags, so should be given the opportunity to re-red one of their men.

However, the provision that the person fixing bad drops for the freq may not kill also applies to both of these rules.
By jammu seta
iamnewb wrote:
King wrote:
Zeker wrote:WORD AROUND THE WATERCOOLER IS THAT WHEN ONE OF OUR REDS TK'D THE OTHER, AND WE RECOVERED TKNEUTS WITH FREQ 101 KING SPAMMED OUR FLAGGER TO DROP

that must be the dumbest shit ever rofl, getting tk'd in no way forced u to drop those flags ROFLROFL

stupid shit

they're discussign it atm
no, it is not retarded. it is a gray area in the rules that can create confusion.

6.2 Flags can be moved by a squad as a result of a “bad” drop. Members of the squad are permitted to go to another private frequency for the sole purpose of picking up flags that have not been successfully dropped in that squad’s flag room.

this rule states, you can only fix flags that are BAD DROPS. TK neuts are not considered 'bad drops', they are considered 'center neuts'. which means you're not even allowed to fix them in the first place.

6.2.a Players fixing bad drops or carrying the flags that were previously bad dropped in base are not allowed to kill with flags.

this rule is irrelevant, because tk neuts are considered CENTER NEUTS. you can't fix them since they are not bad drops. basically the rules are retarded, so i could've either specced you for fixing flags you were not allowed to fix, or i could treat them as bad drops 'in a base' and spec you for killing with them.

because the rules are as fucked up as they are, and i did not take a clear position on it until it had happened twice, i allowed you to do it. i warned sent though if you did it again i would spec the carrier. i stand by my decision, and the rule has been fixed now so that tk neuts are also considered bad drops.
First of all the first rule you stated does not specifically state that bad drops are the ONLY type you are allowed to fix.

Secondly I think this section of the rules should be rewritten to be more specific. For example, 1st make a specific rule about bad drops, one stating that bad drops may be moved into FR etc, and may not be transferred for the use as a red carrier.

However, there should also be a rule stating that in a case for tk neuts, a team may fix the tk neuts, transfer to a player on their original freq for either the purpose of flag carrying or dropping in a fr.

The reasons being for the difference of the two rules in terms of the ability of the freq to use the flags how they choose is because of the specificity of each situation. In the case of a bad drop, the original freq had intended on dropping their flags, and the rule stated above prevents them from picking when to red a player to gain an unfair advantage.

However, in the second scenario, the freq’s intended purpose was not to drop their flags, so should be given the opportunity to re-red one of their men.

However, the provision that the person fixing bad drops for the freq may not kill also applies to both of these rules.
i think its better if every time u use flag fixing frequency to do anything u have to drop the flags in question.

in the case of bad-dropping in a base i hardly think it is the teams intention to drop the flags but hang onto them for as long as they can - if the intention was solely to drop the flags the red would have flied into fr well before timer ran out and would not have bad dropped in the first place. Bad drops normally happen when reds either dont notice their timer running out or think they are faster baseracers then they actually are, thus not reaching fr in time, or being antied by the enemy freq so that they cant attach to a person that is already in the fr.
when u get tk'ed with flags its kind of the same thing. its mostly the teams own fault when a red gets tk'ed: either he is sitting in a corner like a dumbass just waiting for some some bomb - friendly or not - to hit him (hi zeker last egfl finals) or red gets repped into a wall with team mines/bombs. The red can choose to not sit ontop of his teammates mines, thus eliminating the most probable cause of a tk. Avoiding getting repped into a bomb shot by ur teammate can be harder, but it shouldnt REALLY be a problem especially now as 90% of bombs flying around in bases are yellow bombs which dont hurt that much (unless, that is, the red is flying around base with constant <1000 ngry, in which case he is just begging for trouble anyway and deserves to die).
i didnt see the game so i dont know how the tk's happened, still funny that u managed it multiple times. would be fun to know wether these were in situations where the red was about to be sandwiched or not.
By Darren
Hydrogen1 wrote:Best game I've ever had as FR anchor, but it wasn't enough. Good games, Exalt.
well played hydro, thanks for not gay-dropping.

gg imp some pretty immense fr holding
By Ioth

some stats, gg imp.

afk sleeping

best part
i went to pee after home xc along time
so zeker attach in lanc, and i turret on him until back
i come back
rk flies in
sees that im back, immediatly scared.

Hydrogen1> PEEING IS FOR THE WEAK

hydro is a pretty active typer while mfr-ing btw, good to keep me company ><
By DrAkEn AT
Just have to point out that nice baseneut in the beginning, when flags finally did appear we had already started attacking. Can't go a game without doing something to earn the 'ch' in front of your name, can you?

That aside, GG. This time you beat us fair and square, gl in the finals. Would have been fun to face you with our top lineup, but I guess this was as close as we could get this time of the year.
By Hydrogen1
Ioth wrote:best part
i went to pee after home xc along time
so zeker attach in lanc, and i turret on him until back
i come back
rk flies in
sees that im back, immediatly scared.

Hydrogen1> PEEING IS FOR THE WEAK

hydro is a pretty active typer while mfr-ing btw, good to keep me company ><
Hahaha, our chat was so excited when one of our speccers found out you were afk peeing, but then "nm he's back". But peeing is for the weak, especially since that was only like an hour in.
By Ioth
i always get my ritual drink to prevent me from getting thirsty midgame, guess it backfires in a pee :P
Can't go a game without doing something to earn the 'ch' in front of your name, can you?
chexalt?
By Darren
Ioth wrote:i always get my ritual drink to prevent me from getting thirsty midgame, guess it backfires in a pee :P
Can't go a game without doing something to earn the 'ch' in front of your name, can you?
chexalt?
chexalt
By DrAkEn AT
Ioth wrote:i always get my ritual drink to prevent me from getting thirsty midgame, guess it backfires in a pee :P
chexalt?
exalt
exaltiny
cheaxalt

cheaxaltiny!

Already forgot all the namecalling from last year?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!