SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Moderator: lv

Who will win?

(
9
56%
Baby Jesus
6
38%
Tie
1
6%
By amph
#512680
PAT wrote:You in fact were looking for a free win. You straight up said you weren't going to play because "you won earlier at 1pm" which didn't even make any sense because no ref ever started a bot in that arena, we could have and did do the same exact thing and posted random stats from dropping 20 flags. I'm sorry your leader and rest of squad are so hard-headed to not play with 16 players on while we had 8 with 3 lagging out. You guys are truly idiots for not taking advantage of that, maybe if you guys didn't rely on aris so much you would have won.
we were not looking for a free win. its all the principle of the matter. what are rules if they are not followed or changed right before matches. Proper notice means well in advance prior to match so that everyone can be informed and plan accordingly.

Also we werent planning on playing Ari who was not online when this all went down when we were ready to play.
By lv
#512682
I have been told by many that leagues that run on time changes are delayed or rescheduled for the next week. Apparently this is not the first time this has happned. Amph, i know your players were on and they had other plans. They could have played the one hour, after all, all games are scheduled to go for two hours. they could have played one hour... but they all decided to not play at all and give it a chance. and I was told by two different players on your squad that you gave direct orders to not get in game and play. So this is your doing and your consequences. You get to live your decision of telling your squad to not play.
By amph
#512683
so you didnt read my log i sent you then i take it
By PAT
#512684
I want to here it azela.
By amph
#512685
Azela wrote:
Azela wrote:Who wants to hear my opinion?
*crickets*
i wanna hear it azela might as well
By PAT
#512686
And yes that was the whole point amph. The whole point of the delay was to let my squad gain more players, the point of delays are to hope both squads have enough players on and able to play in the match and make it fair and fun in the standings instead of letting a shitty squad beat a good squad. Your idiotic self listened to romeo and sentenal to sit everyone in spec instead of playing us still with men down. Your own fault.
By lv
#512687
this is not about the graphics, this is not about being on time, this is not about rules, this is not about me being in charge. This is about playing a real game, two teams heading off against each other on an equal basis. Not about, "I'm here, you're not, I win."... wtf is that? where is the game play in that... how did you beat them in a game? How does sitting in spec make a statement? A statement that says... "oh we were here, sorry about your time change, but we're here and you're not, we don't care if it's a game, we win, FU. LOL are kidding me? That's the statement/win you guys want to accomplish? No other team felt like that and they could have and done your drama too. So... here ya go, you're faced with your decision to not play because it was not exactly as you planned and your way. It is not my fault if you guys are not flexible enough for a simple one hour delay? I mean all 8 of you? don't you want to play a game?... I thought this was what this was about.. to get a game? I dunno, maybe I am old school and thought you wanted to play a game and not play politics... or I guess you just want a win at any cost?
By Tryo
#512688
lv wrote:I have been told by many that leagues that run on time changes are delayed or rescheduled for the next week. Apparently this is not the first time this has happned. Amph, i know your players were on and they had other plans. They could have played the one hour, after all, all games are scheduled to go for two hours. they could have played one hour... but they all decided to not play at all and give it a chance. and I was told by two different players on your squad that you gave direct orders to not get in game and play. So this is your doing and your consequences. You get to live your decision of telling your squad to not play.
In the past when there have been problems all games were rescheduled to the following week. Not tried to be patch worked solution that squads dont agree with. If what others are saying, that you gave the other squad leaders the choice of rescheduling or playing then why was this match not rescheduled when clearly one team wasnt prepared to play at 1pm and 2pm. Seems to me it would be obvious to add a makeup week to the schedule and have a Sunday 1pm game to make up for it.
By lv
#512689
Tryo, you do not listen... I said up there somewhere that I tried to reschedule ALL the games for next week and push the ENTIRE league back one week as you suggest. THEY ALL SAID NO. ALL THE GMs that were on said NO!. I have stated this already.
By amph
#512690
lv wrote:this is not about the graphics, this is not about being on time, this is not about rules, this is not about me being in charge. This is about playing a real game, two teams heading off against each other on an equal basis. Not about, "I'm here, you're not, I win."... wtf is that? where is the game play in that... how did you beat them in a game? How does sitting in spec make a statement? A statement that says... "oh we were here, sorry about your time change, but we're here and you're not, we don't care if it's a game, we win, FU. LOL are kidding me? That's the statement/win you guys want to accomplish? No other team felt like that and they could have and done your drama too. So... here ya go, you're faced with your decision to not play because it was not exactly as you planned and your way. It is not my fault if you guys are not flexible enough for a simple one hour delay? I mean all 8 of you? don't you want to play a game?... I thought this was what this was about.. to get a game? I dunno, maybe I am old school and thought you wanted to play a game and not play politics... or I guess you just want a win at any cost?

yes fair meaning fair scheduling etc meaning both teams are on the same agreeing terms. This is why I suggested a reschedule which was totally blown off. the decision to delay an hour caused many of my squaddies to not want to play.
By amph
#512691
Im starting to go off topic nothings going anywhere and apparently im the entire troll of the league and to others. Im not contributing to this anymore. afk
By Tryo
#512692
lv wrote:this is not about the graphics, this is not about being on time, this is not about rules, this is not about me being in charge. This is about playing a real game, two teams heading off against each other on an equal basis. Not about, "I'm here, you're not, I win."... wtf is that? where is the game play in that... how did you beat them in a game? How does sitting in spec make a statement? A statement that says... "oh we were here, sorry about your time change, but we're here and you're not, we don't care if it's a game, we win, FU. LOL are kidding me? That's the statement/win you guys want to accomplish? No other team felt like that and they could have and done your drama too. So... here ya go, you're faced with your decision to not play because it was not exactly as you planned and your way. It is not my fault if you guys are not flexible enough for a simple one hour delay? I mean all 8 of you? don't you want to play a game?... I thought this was what this was about.. to get a game? I dunno, maybe I am old school and thought you wanted to play a game and not play politics... or I guess you just want a win at any cost?
You do realize we want a reschedule, after all we showed up at 1pm to play the game. No one is happy to show up, wait around and practice for a no show. Just because ( may not agree on a time for reschedule, we simply don't get one. Just oh well you made up your all powerful mind and say screw us to benefit everyone? At least that is how i am reading it. There should not even be a debate, if a Sunday 1pm match was what was initially scheduled, they a rematch should be at that same day/time. Correct me if i am unreasonable please?

We still have two matches left vs Elitestar and So Brave, the way the league is going if we no show to those matches, they get quick wins and ( is all but guaranteed not to make the playoffs just like us. Sine our whole squad feels like it is screwed and with the league coord having no remorse or care to try to fix it or figure out a solution that's where it is heading. I guess misery loves company.
By Tryo
#512693
lv wrote:Tryo, you do not listen... I said up there somewhere that I tried to reschedule ALL the games for next week and push the ENTIRE league back one week as you suggest. THEY ALL SAID NO. ALL THE GMs that were on said NO!. I have stated this already.
If that was the case then you should have made a decision instead of getting pushed around by the majority. If just one squad wanted a reschedule then it should have been granted for their game. Rescheduling all matches to the following week would have hurt no one where was keeping them obviously did hurt a squad. I am failing to see where you were impartial or even are considering trying to come up with a solution that both squads can be happy with. You are just digging your heels in the sand talking in circles.
By lv
#512694
Tryo, you guys seem to refuse to acknowledge that there was a time change last night/Saturday night in America and not in the rest of the world. You are refusing to show any kind of compassion for the other guys cuz you all showed up. And one hour is not that much of a delay in all honesty. When all this was going on, your squaddies were in BD playing and not running off to their jobs, or their "other scheduled events". When it was 15 minutes past 2:pm EDT, you had more than 10 squaddies sitting in spec refusing to get in the game and play and I delayed the game that much longer for you guys to get in and play a real game. And now you're saying you didn't have enough on to play? Or that it is just the principle? that you all decided not to play? wow I thought you wanted to actually play a game and not politics.
By Tryo
#512695
Let me get this straight:

Option 1: match plays at 1pm as schedule
Option 2: 1 hour delay at 2pm
Option 3: reschedule game

So Baby Jesus wanted Option 1 and ( wanted Option 2. Am i missing the obvious middle ground in Option 3.

I can't talk for the squadies that were online at 2 but i know several that couldn't stick around like myself. Now because you say there is "enough" online at 2pm we were not allowed to get a rescheduled game because you deem them that they should be able to play. As league coord you should take personal opinion out of it and make impartial calls to find a middle ground.

I am simply being an advocate for my squad but I am done arguing over this since it simply is not worth it since obviously you are right and there is no changing your mind.
By Qdisc
#512697
lv wrote: You are refusing to show any kind of compassion for the other guys cuz you all showed up. And one hour is not that much of a delay in all honesty.
A bit beside the point. But our Aussie player (Fucking champ) was up for our practice + game starting at 3am, just to get it pushed one hour. Making it potentially end 7am for him.
By Glyde1
#512700
Qdisc wrote:
lv wrote: You are refusing to show any kind of compassion for the other guys cuz you all showed up. And one hour is not that much of a delay in all honesty.
A bit beside the point. But our Aussie player (Fucking champ) was up for our practice + game starting at 3am, just to get it pushed one hour. Making it potentially end 7am for him.

he had been up all night doing homework too...he didnt even get to play due too lag tho
User avatar
By Lee
#512702
Like i said already during the madness yesterday, the only problem we had here was LV being not experienced with being a league coordinator. This has made her being abused by different GMs and if other GMs feel that league coordinator is for some reason favouring some team, its all hell, like we all experienced last sunday. On a positive note, i am so happy, so many people still care about this game and this league.
Games should have never been postponed in the first place, that was the big mistake by lv. Sure she should have perhaps mentioned it to GMs or on forums, but ultimately its GMs tasks to get their players online and take all things into consideration. As Tryo mentioned, he specifically pmd all euros/aussies about that change. He was acting like a good captain and his cleverness was actually punished now in this situation.

Now as the mistake was already made, lv showed even deeper, that she is not experienced in this, by trying to fix the mistake by making more mistakes. If u take a decision that game is delayed 1 hour because of daylight savings, it should automatically apply to all teams. Key being league coordinator is to treat all the squads the same way. That message was never clear for anyone. I only delayed my game 1 hour, to be sure that game actually takes place at that time, my team was ready to play 1 hour earlier, but Azela was not online, so i was thinking Azela probably didnt know about the timechange and just to be sure, have the game 1 hour later aswell. But instead of just telling all games are delayed 1 hour, you presented everyone with number of choices, teams could reschedule, then all games would be cancelled and then back to only 1 game being delayed. This is why this entire stuff went out of hand. I am 100% confident that if you would have just said that all games delayed 1 hour and ignored all the bs, all games would have taken place and we wouldnt have such drama. 1 hour isnt that big deal really.

I really hope LV manages to keep her head cool, by now, you must realize that every decision you make that would favor one team, will ultimately be against some other team. So take that into consideration.

As for what i believe is good solution to solve this, i think rescheduling the game at 1pm est next sunday would be best choice. And i mean 1pm est. It does not matter that US is not FOLLOWING that timezone at the moment, games are still scheduled in that time. Always has been the case...In order not to interfere with other games, i suggest also changing the remaining games schedule. As both squads were dumb and should be punished make them play 2 games in a row.

Current schedule:
1PM EDT: LV's Breasts vs Leegendary
2PM EDT: Baby Jesus vs EliteStar
3PM EDT: ( vs So Brave

Suggested schedule:
1PM EST: Baby Jesus vs (
2PM EST: LV's Breasts vs Leegendary
3PM EST: Baby Jesus vs EliteStar
3PM EST: ( vs So Brave

If first game is a tie, u can start 3pm est games with 15 minute delay for example.
And seriously starting to schedule now in EDT is wrong, there is no reason why the games should be 1 hour later for euros, unless u plan on switching it back to when euros change to daylight savings. Which would confuse even more GMs im sure. So STICK to EST, every single league in eg history has used that timezone for reference, euros will know its 1 hour earlier from before and i guess for aussies its 1 hour later.
User avatar
By mattyoung
#512704
Furthermore from Lee's above comment he's basically right about what happened.

We should stop comparing this match to the other matches.

1. Although 5/6 squads requested a 1 hour delay and 1 did not. In that case, Lady Vader should have then only granted a 1 hour delay to 2 matches and not force it upon Baby Jesus. I don't understand why she just couldn't give Baby Jesus more options, like a reschedule. At that time, Lady Vader (probably emotionally compromised) chose to play at only 2pm and to add salt to the wound, said the game must be at 2pm and did not provide us with any other options, then she updated the standings almost instantly after ( played alone at 2pm, I guess because she was butt hurt.

2. I am 100% sure that Baby Jesus should be granted a win and in any serious competition I agree that we should stick to the rules. I'm sure that most of our players could have played until 4pm and I think ( was undermanned at 2pm anyway. In my clear opinion we should have showed some pity and sportsmanship. As well as not make ourselves not look like cowards. If LV did indeed play at 1pm and allow us to win, it would have been devastating for this zone and this league. I hope that BJ really takes this into account. For this reason I wanted to play at 2pm even though BJ didn't want to, but we were okay with a reschedule. I think at about 1.20pm or 1.30pm amph was saying there would be a reschedule and we were contempt enough with that.

In conclusion, I also gather that in classic Lady Vader style she probably had pointless fights and arguments with Baby Jesus and lost her cool, instead of making competent and decisive decisions. Guys please remember that she is a girl and estrogen (emotion) rather logic chose decisions for her. Baby Jesus was ready to accept a reschedule yesterday, but not play at 2pm. This option wasn't provided and the matter was handled very poorly.
By Qdisc
#512705
The league has been ran several years by now. And we all know that there have been issues in the past as well, this is not unique to this year.

When these issues have arisen, rules have been added in order to prevent that from happening in the future.

Most irritation comes from when one team benefits from a decision, especially if rules were bent in order to benefit a team.

As have come up several times. This is LV's first league she runs. It would be a lot more predictable to 100% follow the rules that have been developed through 13 years of league experience. And simply don't make any exceptions or "bending of rules". This will be fair for everyone, since it's been in the rules since before the league started, and thus everyone who signed up for the league signed up under those rules.

It is not easy to withstand all whine and pressure from vocal people. However, it gets a lot easier when you have the rules backing you up. When the league coordinator starts breaking (or "bending") the rules, that is when the shit hits the fan. It doesn't get better by breaking (or "bending") even more rules to cover up the mess the first infringement caused.
By PeeJay
#512708
So what's the final verdict? LV just to inform you.. probably 80% of Baby Jesus are inactive and vets. Most of us just come once a year for this stupid ass Draft league. Draft is usually the only league where teams are equally balanced, usually ran very smoothly and fun. If your going to punish us for your mistakes and ) <-- (shitiest squad name thus far btw.) I was sick and literally ready to play with a fever we came and most wokeup an hour early prepared. If your going to give us the loss you can count on killing this zone. I haven't seen most of bj's on since this league some probably since 2008 and we are all trying to get active and find that spark this game used to offer us. I will no longer be coming back to this shitty zone especially if a league is ran by you. So good job on killing a zone that's practically dead already. And good luck on seeing the same no life retards like Finite in this zone..

By the way LV. I don't personally know you but I hate you with a passion . I hope you break a nail while playing subspace. You fucking delay a match then comes 2:10 with no team warning prior to that about 1 hour delay. We had the impression you were settling things out or at least rescheduling. Then 2:10 you warn us that our game was starting..you literally gave us 5 mins to try and redo our line and sort our VP problems .which we tried when we went to #egdl but the game started before we could even count to 5. I don't know whose cock your sucking on the other team but you look like a one sided whore. Please if you lack common sense don't try to run a league. Once aristo showed cue most of our team was afk and no ancs ..finite got scared and spamed the win like a little imatture retard he's always been. Scared little guy grow some nuts..anyways im drunk good night..I hope you get a headache trying to read this. R.I.P EG

We all know you didn't want to reschedule games because other teams were fussing about raging. About you having waste there sunday. In the process you fucked us over to make the rest happy..because you mentally unstable and incapable of makinng reasonable decisions.. You barely arena massaged "Games are not canceled" after 45 minutes of no response.. no warnings to our squad that our match was moved an hour later or at least a 20 heads up..you were busy with the ying to figure out how you can screw one them and keep the rest happy so you don't look as much of a retard. Which actually worked I saw a lot of ppl siding with our win the later hopped in your ban wagon just happy they got to play and there games weren't canceled. Good job cunt deserve no respect earn it.
By PeeJay
#512709
I want to know where you live Lv? Where being late, lazy, and irresponsible gets rewarded. Cus I'll pack my things up and move right away.. Took much favoritism as I saw today.. Feels like FC banning ppl left and right again abusing power.
By poemZX_
#512712
All I wanna say on this topic, is that instead of just getting over it and playing the match you've waited a WEEK to play (aka have some fun); you guys decided to have a hissy fit because you rather have a free win then do what the rest of us do to earn it.
By Tox
#512713
So much passion in this old and wonderful game. We don't have that even during elections over here...

Let me start by saying that not everyone in Baby Jesus was made aware of the time shift in US. I came online for the original time, which was 8pm GMT for me. For the record, I think it's unfair to have the schedule in EST or EDT or whatever the hell else you use there on your stupid island.

Anyhow. Baby Jesus had players online and willing to play at the re-scheduled time. Including you, PeeJay, you brave haterguy. And that's what we should have done. Play the game. That's what we all came online for. Play and complain and argue later. But no, apparently the rules, which at this point favoured us, prohibited to play.
Yeah, I cannot help but ask myself, if the sides were reversed and Baby Jesus had not shown for original time... would we still had been so furiously childish about it? Beat me with a stick, but I don't think so.

I think everyone is to blame here.
* Captains (not all, but most) for not being up to date with timezones and changes. That's their duty, as I've understood. Which leads us to
* LV trying to handle the situation with democracy and giving the majority of players an opportunity to play the game. Democracy always bites you in the rear. Re-scheduling to the next weekend would've been the way to go, without negotiations. Because trying to use democracy in EG always takes us to
* Players being dickbutts. Baby Jesus lost and I think we deserved it. Story would be different 180 degrees if we didn't know about the timechange.

Keep it up, Lady, tunnelvision through this league. In the end, someone will win. In the end, amongst all the "worst league ever" comments, someone might also say "thanks for the league".
Keep it up, everyone. No flagging league ever in EG has gone without drama. It's what keeps this game alive as much as it's killing it.

PS. I do agree, ( is the worst name. Poor losers.
PPS. fix those smilies, they are horrible on the dark background.
By lv
#512718
Azela wrote: If this situation were to occur again, both GM's in each match should be given the option to either play in +1 hours or reschedule.
This option was given and rejected, they couldn't agree so I agreed for them.
User avatar
By mattyoung
#512722
well we could of at least had a discussion on here first or you could have sent as a squad PM. You didn't even send a single squad PM.
By lv
#512727
mattyoung wrote:well we could of at least had a discussion on here first or you could have sent as a squad PM. You didn't even send a single squad PM.

You GM was in chat and knew exactly what was going on. It is his fault for not telling you.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!