SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Moderators: Pynk!, lv

By Rivalry
Hey all,

Kind of had a great idea come across my mind!!! How about we do a pro bowl for EGDL???

Not one where we have to go out of our way, but one where everyone is involved!

So lets say we have a EGDL East and EGDL West, broken up by the way the teams seeded. So lets say east is made up of the 1st, 4th and 5th place teams, and West is 2nd, 3rd, and 6th. (you could do 1st, 3rd, 6th and 2nd, 4th, 5th, either way seems fair) BUT everyone from all squads get a chance to play. Basically, what I think would be the most fun is for the EAST and the WEST to field 3 starting lineups, top tier, mid tier and lower tier. NO VP limits.

It would be cool to see all the top guys play, mid guys and lower tiers stud it up. I feel as though it wouldn't take too much to organize and if need be I could help coordinate it. Basically just need the GM's to be into the idea. I just think it'd be fun to get another couple squadmatches in. Everyone loves matching in this game over baseduel.

Opinions? Ideas?
By Monty Python
i think to make this work u must change the idea a bit, make it more simple. im not sure if those concidered low tier would even show, at least for es, low tiers are the most inactives. further, for mid tier, this is like 65% of whole active eg, so not everyone would get to play there unless u make two/three or more teams or something, but anyways, it doesnt have to be the goal to get everyone involved.

what i like about the idea is rly only the all-star-aspect: schedule a game day on some sunday and make a lot of the best players show (speaking in vp's only 7vp, 8vp,9vp (must talk about some fa's who dont belong there since they just got overpayed in league). this way we end up with a big pickup thats only played from todays eg's elite. but the rating would be a problem here.. whos rly best 7? who isnt? who does decide? what are the criteria?
By Rivalry
I think the way to go with it would be to drop the whole VP system. Once you are on either EAST or WEST, the GM's put 3 starting lineups together. I just meant skill wise by who actualy shows up that day. Each "EAST" and "WEST" have to field 3 rosters.

To make sure teams are wanting to play their best in the TOP level game, we could make it worth 3 points, the MID level game could be worth 2 points and the low level games worth 1 point. Doenst necessarily have to be "low" vp players in the low level games, basically if you have 24 guys show up between 3 squads, they can all play. But you want your best in game 1, your second best in game 2, and 3rd best in game 3. I think itd be a lot of fun and again, that game with all the elite would be fun to see!
By PAT
No . I don't like it. Sit out of playoffs rivalry and stfu. afk
By Rivalry
LOL Over and over again Finite you continue to make yourself look like a complete moron. Please keep out of any posts that require some thought. Thanks.
By Monty Python
ya well, rivalry maybe u just slowly work this out and then coordinate it urself for the time between egdl and next egfl. at least sounds like a fine idea to fill that gap and get some flagging going.
By Glyde1
pitched the idea to people before riv they dont seem to want an all-star game
By PAT
Lol no I don't. If anything, you look like the complete moron. Beg to get traded to a team and then you get them knocked out of playoffs. Shows how good you are...
By Rivalry
PAT wrote:Lol no I don't. If anything, you look like the complete moron. Beg to get traded to a team and then you get them knocked out of playoffs. Shows how good you are...

LOL YES I single handedly got a squad knocked out of playoffs hahahahah god you're so smart hahaha I love it.

Didn't you quit on your squad? Oh ya you did. Don't try and take credit for EEL turning around that squad. You're a complete loser, no one likes to follow you so you quit on them. It's hilarious!!!
By PAT
Enjoy watching me from spec later. :]
By Monty Python
Resi wrote:
Monty Python wrote:dont think there will be another league..

nerds have been chanting this for the past 20 leagues
good thing we aint nerds
By BLACK
-4 squads (Teams of 15 at most) (60 players in total league) NO TRADES
-Good Leader's Lee,King,EEL,Monty (just people off the top of my head, We Could vote for best leaders)

-Breaking teams down by region would cause time issues and show might be limited for a certain region

-We could break it down By position best 4 MFR, 4 NME ANCHOR, 24 HOME/NME SWINGS, and 28 MIX POSITION.

-After that collecting information on best players by position from poll voting to make the Top EGDL PRO BOWL List

-Having a number system for the GM's for Draft order.

-3 month season, where GM's can challenge anytime through the week, Still having matches on Sunday. But, having those matches be double the amount of points earned compared to having one on the weekday.

-Playoff's would consist of three teams. Team with worst record eliminated. If there is a tie We would have a sudden death match for last playoff spot.

Just an idea. I can develop a well round plan if you guys are interested.
By poemZX_
BLACK wrote:-4 squads (Teams of 15 at most) (60 players in total league) NO TRADES
-Good Leader's Lee,King,EEL,Monty (just people off the top of my head, We Could vote for best leaders)

-Breaking teams down by region would cause time issues and show might be limited for a certain region

-We could break it down By position best 4 MFR, 4 NME ANCHOR, 24 HOME/NME SWINGS, and 28 MIX POSITION.

-After that collecting information on best players by position from poll voting to make the Top EGDL PRO BOWL List

-Having a number system for the GM's for Draft order.

-3 month season, where GM's can challenge anytime through the week, Still having matches on Sunday. But, having those matches be double the amount of points earned compared to having one on the weekday.

-Playoff's would consist of three teams. Team with worst record eliminated. If there is a tie We would have a sudden death match for last playoff spot.

Just an idea. I can develop a well round plan if you guys are interested.
Rofl a league composed of only the best players? Sounds it like would be intense as hell.
By Qdisc
BLACK wrote: -3 month season, where GM's can challenge anytime through the week, Still having matches on Sunday. But, having those matches be double the amount of points earned compared to having one on the weekday.

The team that never plays will then have their spot secured :)
By Monty Python
i like the idea in general, but as much i'd like to play a pro league, i think we shouldnt make a league for the best players ONLY. maybe make two stages, 1 for the best 7-9vps, 1 for all below maybe?! when we all wanna keep eg alive, we shouldnt make a league that suspends those that are weaker. must make a league that somehow lets everyone play.

but u could combine those both approaches. i like the way to make categories of best Mfr, nme anchor, swings, attackers etc.. make list for all players that wanna participate, then give them vp's and make a mid and a top tier group and create as much squads as possible. this is like going further with the main thought of egdl. will even out teams even more prolly, so teamwork/leading becomes even more important, but that's fine.

whateva it will be, since population is so small today, the league will automatically promoted individual player skill even more, while teamwork doesnt lose its worth.

another thing is maybe rethink the whole concept of bases to bring something new into the gameplay, something every1 has to adapt to again. maybe adapt gameplays from other games and translate them into eg.. ive no real idea here.. just thinking about the rush mode in bf4, where one team has to defend while the other is forced to take certain points within a timelimit. we could adapt something liek that maybe. maybe 1 base, thats very well designed, then make 2 games. in first team A attack while team B holds etc. then the other way around, could make this best of 3 too. could set certain spots on bases that have to be taken within timelimit (maybe all, maybe only 8/10 or something). maybe make spawn points that each team can capture, make the anchor position obsolete or not so crucial anymore (like mfr). well.. im just thinking ludly here, but my main idea would be to change something with ways bases and gameplay effect each other more then just tight or non-tight tunnels.
By Monty Python
could also let league start as one group, and put all mvps from each match into a special high professional flagging group. so gameplay will draw the line between good and top players. and after maybe 2-3 matches (depending on what mvps categories are then), league splits into stage A and stage B. in stage A all mvps battle it out, while mid tier continues on its own..

That's because everyone is on Discord. Come parti[…]

I can host an archive of the forums if we want. Wo[…]

Vets are back. Now what? :wink: https://cdn.[…]

RIP Lounge

I don't think a single topic was posted here in 20[…]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!