SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Moderators: Pynk!, lv

By lv
-- 6.4c - in a 6-team league the top 4 teams will make the playoffs. Each series will be best out of three format, 2 wins out of three games. Top Seed v Lowest Seed, 2nd Top v 2nd Lowest. If there is a forced game 3 it will be played next weekend unless both GM's approve to play game 3 right on the spot. GM's have 10 minutes to decide game would start in 20 (The game 3 would start 30 minutes after game ends if approved by gms).

So according to this rule, it is best of three. I like it, the league is so close. Semis being the best out of three, the winner of this league really will be the winner.

Anyway, as you can see, the rules state that the first two games must be held on the same Sunday. As we know, there is no time limit on games in semis, so the games go until someone wins. They could last 10 minutes, could last 10 hours. So I need to know from the GMs, I'm sure you will discuss this with your squads, if you want to play it as the rules state, or would you like league to be extended by two weeks? Meaning: Semis Game 1: March 30th. Semis Game 2: April 6th. Semis Game 3: April 13th if needed, or a bye week. Then finals April 20th.

Just let me know while we can still change it.

I would like to hear from GMs only please. But if you must reply, please try to be reasonable and rational.

Thanks 8)
By Monty Python
i say let gms decide righ ton spot. when first game come and end fast while gms both got good show, let them play 2nd game right away and 3rd (if needed) the following sunday. if games are rly short they might decide to play 3rd on same day too, but thats probably unlikely.
By lv
Azela wrote:
lv wrote:No, the rules don't exactly say that, but it is implied...
No, the rules don't imply it either.
Do you have anything worth saying?

Like how you would like to see semis scheduled?

I am asking for your opinion, do you have one, or are you just going to act like a bitch?
By Lee
Well EGDL has never had best of three playoffs, as long as me and eura hosted it, it was always just 1 game to decide. Main reason was that it kept the league interesting and surprises happened all the time.
We have taken heavy steps back in making the league interesting this year though, tough tight bases, no thors or ports and now best of 3 playoffs :(
LV are u sure you are not copying egfl here?

In any case i dont care as long as games are not hosted on saturdays, 2 games in a row suck as well btw. I am 100% sure that with the bases we have this year, 1 game can easily last 3-4 hours, having another one right after is a nightmare, at least for euros.
People dont have that much time for this game anymore.
By Qdisc
Lee wrote:Well EGDL has never had best of three playoffs, as long as me and eura hosted it, it was always just 1 game to decide. Main reason was that it kept the league interesting and surprises happened all the time.
We have taken heavy steps back in making the league interesting this year though, tough tight bases, no thors or ports and now best of 3 playoffs :(
LV are u sure you are not copying egfl here?

In any case i dont care as long as games are not hosted on saturdays, 2 games in a row suck as well btw. I am 100% sure that with the bases we have this year, 1 game can easily last 3-4 hours, having another one right after is a nightmare, at least for euros.
People dont have that much time for this game anymore.
By lv
Azela wrote:Go and have your mid-life crisis somewhere else.

"Weekend" doesn't mean "Sunday". Ok? That means you can have games on Saturday if you want.
Really, shall I schedule some Saturday games? You think that is best for the league?

I agree Lee, 1 game on Sunday would be a pressure game too, but on the other hand, a fluke could decide the match! Either way, Saturdays usually suck for activity.
Oh, I guess not!! I guess weekend for leagues does mean Sunday.

:roll:
By Qdisc
lv wrote:
Azela wrote:Go and have your mid-life crisis somewhere else.

"Weekend" doesn't mean "Sunday". Ok? That means you can have games on Saturday if you want.
Really, shall I schedule some Saturday games? You think that is best for the league?

I agree Lee, 1 game on Sunday would be a pressure game too, but on the other hand, a fluke could decide the match! Either way, Saturdays usually suck for activity.
Oh, I guess not!! I guess weekend for leagues does mean Sunday.

:roll:
I would assume him stating that is we were to actually have 2 games (sometimes three? Due to the roll over to next week), it would be the best of two evils to have one of the games on Saturday.
By lv
5.1 - The pre-season (1 week) and regular season will each have a pre-determined time schedule. All games will be played on Sunday, between 12 Noon and 6 PM Eastern time. (Playoff games follow a different format described in the next section).

The rules state all games are to be played on Sundays.

Then the next section pretty much just states:
-- 6.4c - in a 6-team league the top 4 teams will make the playoffs. Each series will be best out of three format, 2 wins out of three games. Top Seed v Lowest Seed, 2nd Top v 2nd Lowest. If there is a forced game 3 it will be played next weekend unless both GM's approve to play game 3 right on the spot. GM's have 10 minutes to decide game would start in 20 (The game 3 would start 30 minutes after game ends if approved by gms).

And everyone complains about Saturday games. I think it would be a very bad idea to have a playoff on Saturday. People need a day with their families. So I am going to be stubborn on this and say no to Saturday unless a majority of the GMs say they want it.

I can also see playing this schedule by ear... meaning, just schedule a start time for both games on Sunday, and at the end of the game, the two GMs and the ref can decide if they want to go on. If they decide to play another day, then it will just reschedule for the following Sunday.
By Lee
Azela wrote:I agree Lee, 1 game on Sunday would be a pressure game too, but on the other hand, a fluke could decide the match! Either way, Saturdays usually suck for activity.
Well i can say that beating zekers squad in egdl final with me thoring dazz after 5 minutes is one of my favourite memories in EG. It was just so much fun and it wasnt fluke it was clever timing and suckage from nme temp front who actually also had a ball in disposal, but never used it.
With current egdl settings, there is almost not possible to lose because of a fluke. Only way is if nme fr lags out being alone at base or smth like that. Then again, GM should be able to choose a non-laggy fr anyways.
Flukes or not, egdl is suppose to be a fun league where random things do happen, its not egfl where serious squads try to beat each other in as flukeless environment as possible.

To be honest, i really do not like the path egdl has taken, it almost looks like egdl is now more serious league than egfl. With egfl anyways looking like egdl, perhaps we should still keep the 2 leagues separated by setup and settings?

In any case, i truly oppose both saturday games and 2 games in a row on sunday. If there is a sudden need for best of 3, at least have them spread out over separate sundays then.

My vote goes for 1 game decides all though. Especially for finals, its a disgrace if we have to play finals over course of several Sundays.
By Qdisc
lv wrote:5.1 - The pre-season (1 week) and regular season will each have a pre-determined time schedule. All games will be played on Sunday, between 12 Noon and 6 PM Eastern time. (Playoff games follow a different format described in the next section).

Actually, doesn't the rules just say that all games in pre-season as well as regular season? Aka not playoffs.
Then it states that playoffs will follow a different format, described below.
The below description says weekends (and not only Sundays).
By lv
Finals are one game.

EGFL format for 2013 was one game semi finals and one game finals. I don't know if you did it differently in previous years, but there was no best of three in the EGFL I reffed last fall.
By Tryo
lv wrote:5.1 - The pre-season (1 week) and regular season will each have a pre-determined time schedule. All games will be played on Sunday, between 12 Noon and 6 PM Eastern time. (Playoff games follow a different format described in the next section).

And everyone complains about Saturday games. I think it would be a very bad idea to have a playoff on Saturday. People need a day with their families. So I am going to be stubborn on this and say no to Saturday unless a majority of the GMs say they want it.

I can also see playing this schedule by ear... meaning, just schedule a start time for both games on Sunday, and at the end of the game, the two GMs and the ref can decide if they want to go on. If they decide to play another day, then it will just reschedule for the following Sunday.

Ironic stance after you forced Baby Jesus to have their makeup game on a Saturday when they wanted it on a Sunday....
By Monty Python
Tryo wrote:

Ironic stance after you forced Baby Jesus to have their makeup game on a Saturday when they wanted it on a Sunday....
just couse BJ had it on saturday there is no reason why other squads should do same in quarters.
By lv
lv wrote:Finals are one game.

EGFL format for 2013 was one game semi finals and one game finals. I don't know if you did it differently in previous years, but there was no best of three in the EGFL I reffed last fall.
Thanks for the three of you who actually said something. I know Eel has yet to say anything and I seriously doubt Amph will care. But I am not going to return to this thread because it is ridiculous.

So to keep it changed up from the EGFL I reffed, we'll do best out of three. Finals will happen on April 20th.
By poemZX_
Im not a GM, but seeing that I run alot of my squad I think I have some say. I SAY OPTION 3. 1 GAME ON SUNDAY
By Monty Python
Azela wrote:1) Best of three, Saturday & Sunday games
2) Best of three, Sunday games
3) 1 Game on Sunday.

Lee and I would prefer option 3. Resi and Monty seem to want Sunday games, but they have not indicated whether they would prefer option 2 or 3. Eel hasn't posted his opinion.

LV has decided to go with option 2, even though no GM has openly requested such a schedule.

Reason given:
lv wrote:So to keep it changed up from the EGFL I reffed, we'll do best out of three. Finals will happen on April 20th.
http://extreme-games.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=229

Above is a link to the predictions thread for EGFL 2013 where you can clearly see that the playoffs (DIE* vs Shocktech & Zombie vs Explosive) WERE best of three.

So she's given an incorrect reason for going with an option that apparently no one has yet called for. I don't know what else to say.
im fine with option three too.
By Pynk!
April 20th finals falls on Easter Sunday, I am not sure how many players will be available to participate, all of you need to consider this.
By Monty Python
Pynk! wrote:April 20th finals falls on Easter Sunday, I am not sure how many players will be available to participate, all of you need to consider this.
very good hint. im not religious, so i personally dont care. its a sunday like every other.
By lv
You guys give me no reason to return to this thread other than Pynk! told me about Easter. And yeah Azela, I'm the coordinator and the rules basically say option 2. So yep, Option 2. I'll make finals for April 27th since some celebrate Easter and some don't. That way we can have a good showing. :-) Not coming back to this thread so bash all you want. :lol:

I started this thread cuz I wanted to be nice and see what you all thought but some of you just had to turn it into a bashing thread. So there ya go, this is what happens when you can't act like adults.
By PAT
Alright I won't try to bash this fucking idiot at all during this post.

First of all, she states
Thanks for the three of you who actually said something. I know Eel has yet to say anything and I seriously doubt Amph will care. But I am not going to return to this thread because it is ridiculous.

So to keep it changed up from the EGFL I reffed, we'll do best out of three. Finals will happen on April 20th.
Meaning that EGFL is the ONLY reason why she is choosing to do best of three. Then she finds out she's wrong and gets upset and is like
You're right, they were...

Anyway, that's the way it is
And at the beginning of the season when I was GM and Azela can back me up on this, LV clearly stated that she wasn't going to use eel's newly added rules ANYMORE. And this was in fact one of eel's newly added rules. So she clearly shouldn't be using this format at all.

If she was going to go on the reason she stated above about being different than EGFL 2013, then she should clearly be going with the one game to decide playoffs. (which is what EVERY gm or captain has stated what they wanted.)

I doubt LV will reply to this at all or take my opinion into consideration but that is also why she is in my ignore.txt file. Okay bye. :]
By lv
Going to do it like this:

Teams are going to play each other. Top two will make it to finals. NOT best out of three, that is boring and I was mistaken, it was done in EGFL.

1v2
3v4
-----
2v4
3v1
------
3v2
1v4
-----------------
Not so boring and keeps it interesting, I hope this is a reasonable compromise for you all.

Good luck!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!