SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Moderators: Pynk!, lv

By Lee
hey, we had this big argument last week with finite/lv about this and as far as i understood, here is how it goes:
a) every bid is valid 24 hours except for max bids, which end immediately, if team has free vps at that time
So although BJ bid on Phildog first, when they bid 9vp on sent, it automatically ended.
The amount of free vps AT THE TIME bid ends is what matters. Also i am pretty sure they had enough free vps to get both sent and phil for the amount they bid on them, so i dont see big issue there, they still have 7vps left, just enough to get phil...
By Lee
Azela wrote:Lame. Baby Jesus apparently got Exult dropped for the extra VP. It appears as though Exult wants to play EGDL (he's going back on the FA Market), so I'm not sure why his drop went through?
Well i think its this sort of loophole in rules, which allows people to be dropped, if they want it themselves (and he did want that), but at the same time there is only 1 rule stating that if person has been dropped, he cannot be signed as FA to same team, nothing about not allowing to FA at all.
This rule was originally created to give players who get treated badly a way out of abusive GM, but it has been more used by players who thought were overrated and never got any gametime, just to be resigned in FA for less vps.
By lv
You max out a bid, it auto closes if the vp is available. No reason to keep a max bid on the market. If you bid max, you obviously want the player and guess what, you get them.

As far as Exult goes. lol He was acting like a complete idiot during game and was giving the GM a hard time and making it no fun for anyone. The guy needed to go.

And Azela... you would know all this if you didn't leave chat. :roll:
By Qdisc
Lee wrote:hey, we had this big argument last week with finite/lv about this and as far as i understood, here is how it goes:
a) every bid is valid 24 hours except for max bids, which end immediately, if team has free vps at that time
So although BJ bid on Phildog first, when they bid 9vp on sent, it automatically ended.
The amount of free vps AT THE TIME bid ends is what matters. Also i am pretty sure they had enough free vps to get both sent and phil for the amount they bid on them, so i dont see big issue there, they still have 7vps left, just enough to get phil...
This is a bit.. lame though.

It makes it so you can game the system and cancel your own bids and either fucking someone over or getting someone you bid high on for lower. It takes a bit of planning, but it's doable no doubt.
By Lee
Azela wrote:Yeah, QD. I completely agree, and the prime example is Lee bidding 9vp on H4B just now to override his excessive 4vp bid on Reinhard!

PFFT.
And u dont think 9vp for h4b is excessive lol? even 8vp was excessive...
By Qdisc
Lee wrote:
Azela wrote:Yeah, QD. I completely agree, and the prime example is Lee bidding 9vp on H4B just now to override his excessive 4vp bid on Reinhard!

PFFT.
Hypothetically:
If you could choose, would you rather have H4B for 9, or Reinhard for 4?
By Lee
Qdisc wrote:
Lee wrote:

PFFT.
Hypothetically:
If you could choose, would you rather have H4B for 9, or Reinhard for 4?
Umm h4b for 9 becuase i made that bid? what kind of a question is that lol, i knew what the consequences were. That does not mean that either or those 2 is a particulary good bid. Like i explained to people already, there is only 1 FA draft left and by the looks of it, it has bunch of decent 5-6vp players in it.
For me, that group is the best covered group, i dont need anymore players there or else i cannot use them. I have loads of active low vp players aswell, reinhard for 4 vp would have been okey, buy melo or andreo would always be preferred imho ahead of him. Only group which i can see needs a bit more is top players and h4b seems to be only one left.
Like i said before, he is probably more 6-7vp player, so playing him will be possible, but its in no way a huge win for me or steal of century, if anything it will have no big effect on this league, just as me getting reinhard wouldnt, so i dont see why this is such a big deal really, almost every GM had the same chance of bidding 9vp on h4b, noone did...
By Lee
Azela wrote:I think what QD is trying to say is that you realize that you made a mistake by bidding 4vp on Reinhard and you were able to override that initial bid by using this peculiar 9vp rule.

I'm not overly concerned by it, but it's a point worth mentioning.
Nope, it was no mistake bidding on Reinhard. If someone else would have bid 9vp on h4b, i would have gladly taken reinhard to my team. I spoke to him and he seems like someone i could use. Probably would ahve bid 4vp on katc as well, just to avoid other teams getting lower vps, saying that, i felt like at this stage h4b for 9vp would be more benefical to me, than blocking those 2 getting picked for 3 vps.
By Qdisc
Lee wrote:
Azela wrote:I think what QD is trying to say is that you realize that you made a mistake by bidding 4vp on Reinhard and you were able to override that initial bid by using this peculiar 9vp rule.

Nope, it was no mistake bidding on Reinhard. If someone else would have bid 9vp on h4b, i would have gladly taken reinhard to my team. I spoke to him and he seems like someone i could use. Probably would ahve bid 4vp on katc as well, just to avoid other teams getting lower vps, saying that, i felt like at this stage h4b for 9vp would be more benefical to me, than blocking those 2 getting picked for 3 vps.
Wasn't trying to imply that. But, the outcome here would been different (and more predictable) if rules were not added this league.

Now, this didn't have a large impact. But it could cascade even further, especially if it's regarding key positions (like Anchs).
By Lee
Qdisc wrote:
Lee wrote:

Wasn't trying to imply that. But, the outcome here would been different (and more predictable) if rules were not added this league.

Now, this didn't have a large impact. But it could cascade even further, especially if it's regarding key positions (like Anchs).
Well... in most of cases predictable also means boring. I mean i havent used this rule in my leagues, but it seems to be like a fine addition, otherwise all that FA picking has left is who can fcking press submit button first on forum, which is just dumb.
By Qdisc
Lee wrote:
Qdisc wrote:
Lee wrote:

Well... in most of cases predictable also means boring. I mean i havent used this rule in my leagues, but it seems to be like a fine addition, otherwise all that FA picking has left is who can fcking press submit button first on forum, which is just dumb.
While I do agree with that it needs more depth, this causes other issues. If you've been outbid on someone, you check their teams VP, you see they can afford it, you will change your strategy. However, now you can not be sure, since you might win that bid anyways due to the other GM cancelling their bid.

Basically, this causes the exact same problems that bid cancelling does. Except that it's in a smaller scale and frequency.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!