7%
Too Many Bricks
36%
Too Many Bricks and Reps
36%
Sets are fine, leave them alone!
21%
By lv
I have been getting complaints about the sets in EGDL. I am being told there are too many bricks and/or reps. I would like to know what your thoughts are, but mostly what GMs have to say. Please be reasonable. :roll:

I should also say that the sets in EGDL are the same sets that are in main, -ports and thors.
By TheCript
definetely too many bricks
By dreownsu
lol idk about reps, cause i greened 120 bty and had no reps before too. deff too many bricks
By Monty Python
Azela wrote:Reduce both. Reps and bricks are pure luck. Reps are over powered. Using reps offensively is a skill, but unfair on the anch whose only defense against it is to play so passively that they become inefficient. You see games won and lost by reps, anchors getting double, sometimes triple repped, which they can't do anything about.

Reduce them both!
yes, dicrease both.
By DOCOMO
lv wrote:
docomo wrote:Just make them normal

lol not that ez
o.

If you decide to lower the reps/bricks, will the changes be made for today's match?
By lv
Changes were made to EGDL a few hours ago, Bricks and Reps should be ok now... we'll find out later anyway. lol
By Lee
EGDL followed historically pub settings, so thors, ports and all that stuff was in. Completely opposite tournament was EGFL, which tried to reduce the effect of random powerups.
Now it seems to be stuck somewhere in between, i have no idea why, but i guess its what previous organizers have decided.
Id say either use pubsettings or use egfl settings, i think egfl settings have been pretty much established over the years and they should be fine...
By Qdisc
Lee wrote:EGDL followed historically pub settings, so thors, ports and all that stuff was in. Completely opposite tournament was EGFL, which tried to reduce the effect of random powerups.
Well, ports are pretty abuseable. Since it's possible to drop them through Anti Warp.. under certain circumstances.
By lv
Qdisc wrote:Was amusing when bricks were as rare as thors and lasted 40 seconds :)
didn't they, at one time, last two minutes? nah... that doesn't sound right
By Whale
played 3 hr pickup yesterday. Never seen so many brix in my life. I was brick warped 3x on top of that. IN-SANE
By PAT
how about we make reps as common as a brick in pub, and bricks as common as thors in pub.
By Johnson
You removed ports and thors? Thats fucking stupid. EGDL was fun because of the luck element these bring, and gives anchors/attackers more threats to use against the other team and more fun it trying to beat the challenges these bring!

It should be Public settings, nothing different.

Go fuck yourselves.
By Qdisc
Johnson wrote:You removed ports and thors? Thats fucking stupid. EGDL was fun because of the luck element these bring, and gives anchors/attackers more threats to use against the other team and more fun it trying to beat the challenges these bring!

Go fuck yourselves.
Ports are abusable and can be dropped through anti.

Thors, I could kind of agree with you. However, with being 8 people per freq instead of 10. Having no safe FR. Thors get a bit too powerful.
By lv
Johnson wrote:You removed ports and thors? Thats fucking stupid. EGDL was fun because of the luck element these bring, and gives anchors/attackers more threats to use against the other team and more fun it trying to beat the challenges these bring!

Go fuck yourselves.
lol Those settings have been in place for years. The players say they want it based on flagging skills and not on luck of getting a thor, it's what the players want. Like QD said, ports can be laid through anti, so no ports.
By Johnson
If ports are abusable, fine. Ditch them.

But why No thors? Boo-hoo, FR is defenceless, grow some balls! Thats one of the risks with playing the MFR Position! Why make it even more boring for a MFR? Just sitting there watching for a dot then calling a newb. With thors, you can aim them off the radar, with more skill, lets Spec help them too, means the MFR will have to pay more attention. Stop been little pussies about it. I thought this was EXTREME-GAMES not "Oh I'm a bit scared of thors so lets ditch them so its easier-GAMES" Man the fuck up.
By Airduster
Johnson wrote:If ports are abusable, fine. Ditch them.

But why No thors? Boo-hoo, FR is defenceless, grow some balls! Thats one of the risks with playing the MFR Position! Why make it even more boring for a MFR? Just sitting there watching for a dot then calling a newb. With thors, you can aim them off the radar, with more skill, lets Spec help them too, means the MFR will have to pay more attention. Stop been little pussies about it. I thought this was EXTREME-GAMES not "Oh I'm a bit scared of thors so lets ditch them so its easier-GAMES" Man the fuck up.
Yah... they are scared.

So the zone has been horribly mismanaged over the years... as a consequence of this the zone has lost it's "extremeNESS" theme making it unappealing and the extreme type players have essentially mostly left. The only people that remain are the "non-extreme" type crowd who use to be a minority but now have become the majority by default. Hence why Lady V and other smods suck up to them... give them everything they ask for even if it is detrimental to the actual theme of the zone "Extreme Games". It's akin to children demanding to eat candy and cake everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and fulfilling their every wish... even though they dunno wtf they are talking about and it's actually bad for them.

So that's what it is. Nothing gonna change till you have more "Extreme" themed sysops/smods in place. Till then expect more of this status quo scared type players who just want to circle jerk each other and scratch each other's vagina in fixed, rigid, baseduel type format that is based on "Skill" hah. Even though 99% of these players would complete scrubs in 2000 era terms. Playing tournaments against the same 20-30 people for years calling themselves "the best" hah it's really a big joke. The whole thing is really the opposite of Extreme Games theme but yea.

I think Lady V summarized it best as to what the problem with E.G is "because that is what 'the players' want" haha.

That's because everyone is on Discord. Come parti[…]

I can host an archive of the forums if we want. Wo[…]

Vets are back. Now what? :wink: https://cdn.[…]

RIP Lounge

I don't think a single topic was posted here in 20[…]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!