SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Moderators: Pynk!, lv

By lv
As I was reading the rules I noticed they have no lag out limits. I am interested in hearing what people have to say about it and what ideas they have for a lag out limit rule. Not saying I am going to put one in the rules for sure... but if I do, I would like it in there before regular season begins.

Please only reasonable questions and suggestions. Thanks
By Resi
well refs always semi-afk, and dont count or keep record of how many lag outs each player has had, so unless you can make a bot do it, its worthless imo
By PAT
If ref is semi-afk during a match they are reffing then they should be fired. I suggest a lagout limit of 5 as it was in the past. If you cant get your lag under control by 5 then you deserve to be specced.
By Monty Python
PAT wrote:If ref is semi-afk during a match they are reffing then they should be fired. I suggest a lagout limit of 5 as it was in the past. If you cant get your lag under control by 5 then you deserve to be specced.
5 is lot but still sounds pretty fair to me.
By amph
Lag out limits in the past were 3 in other leagues ran in eg
By Monty Python
amph wrote:Lag out limits in the past were 3 in other leagues ran in eg
maybe, but there is no risk leaving it to 5 is there?
By amph
lag out limits in past leagues ran in eg were 3
By Lee
i do not recall any flagging league with 3 lagout limit in recent history of eg. Maybe some duel or bd league? IN any case, IF refs actually manage to count that (i remember some bots do have lagout counters), there should be a clear difference between player playing and lagging out and player trying to enter game and lagging out.
I think 5 sounds pretty reasonable, if u actually bother with this, i dont see big benefit in this.
By lv
Lee wrote:I think 5 sounds pretty reasonable, if u actually bother with this, i dont see big benefit in this.
I want to bother with this because if a player is forcing, and not doing a good job, they will keep lagging out or getting spiked. And if a player is so laggy that they keep spiking out, wouldn't it be better for game play to leave them in spec? But on the other hand, refs do have the right to spec anyone if they think their lag is not normal... player does not have to be over limits for this to occur.
By Lee
lv wrote:
Lee wrote:I think 5 sounds pretty reasonable, if u actually bother with this, i dont see big benefit in this.
I want to bother with this because if a player is forcing, and not doing a good job, they will keep lagging out or getting spiked. And if a player is so laggy that they keep spiking out, wouldn't it be better for game play to leave them in spec? But on the other hand, refs do have the right to spec anyone if they think their lag is not normal... player does not have to be over limits for this to occur.
Exactly, refs are allowed to spec players who obviously disrupt the game with forcing or excessively lagging. Why does it have to be a rule, that he has to lag out x amount of times. If anything, smart forcers who annoy most are those who have tuned it so that they dont lag out...
By Qdisc
Lee wrote:
lv wrote:
Exactly, refs are allowed to spec players who obviously disrupt the game with forcing or excessively lagging. Why does it have to be a rule, that he has to lag out x amount of times. If anything, smart forcers who annoy most are those who have tuned it so that they dont lag out...
Because if it isn't a rule, it's open to interpretation. Having that as a fail safe is great; having it as the only rule, not so.
By lv
Bot does keep track of lag outs, it lists a chart of who lags out and how many times. I also think it would be a good rule because some refs will be reluctant to make a decision without a defining rule.

Still open to discussion
By lv
I have decide to go ahead and put 5 lag outs per game in the rules. Will help define limits for refs and everyone else.
By DOCOMO
Should add those 3 minutes timer for lagouts so they can't just reenter and get back in. They will have to wait the full 3 minutes.

If they continue to lag, back to spec and another 3 minutes timer begins.

And another...
and another...
By Lee
docomo wrote:Should add those 3 minutes timer for lagouts so they can't just reenter and get back in. They will have to wait the full 3 minutes.

And another...
and another...

Disagree with that, for example my computer has some very weird issues with graphics, so if i play in game and actually make a shipchange, my screen freezes, there have been cases when it has always lagged me out from game. I dont have any excessive lag otherwise, for me to wait 3 minutes just because i sc is stupid.
ALso there are cases where person has been afk and done something in windowed mode, which has made his lag go high at some point. Now he returns gets to game and gets specced becuase of some historical high lag he wasnt even playing with.
By Qdisc
Lee wrote:
docomo wrote:Should add those 3 minutes timer for lagouts so they can't just reenter and get back in. They will have to wait the full 3 minutes.

And another...
and another...

Disagree with that, for example my computer has some very weird issues with graphics, so if i play in game and actually make a shipchange, my screen freezes, there have been cases when it has always lagged me out from game. I dont have any excessive lag otherwise, for me to wait 3 minutes just because i sc is stupid.
ALso there are cases where person has been afk and done something in windowed mode, which has made his lag go high at some point. Now he returns gets to game and gets specced becuase of some historical high lag he wasnt even playing with.
The second case, if someone needs to go afk and tab out, I guess you could sub him?

In the first case... I doubt this is widespread. I feel like if someone gets specced from acutally lagging, simply logging out and reentering might cause harm to the game in play.
By lv
You get five lag outs.. use them to your best interest,

If the bot specs your for a time period, I will instruct the refs to take the spec lock off so that you may enter right away.
By lv
Whale wrote:5 is redic. why not just never spec people lol

lol!
By konii
lol there was never ever a lag out limit (# of times) for a flagging league (EGFL and EGDL). It was only introduced in the baseduel leagues and maybe TE League.

There shouldn't be one. If a player appears to be unplugging through bases, then they should simply be specced.

Putting lag out limits is just another fucking hassle for refs and doesn't do much anyways.
Just keep the 3min spec lock for lag outs...i'm sure teams are able to find subs to fill spots for lag outs...
By b_l
unplugging should be a game suspension, imo..

5 seems a lot.

3 and out seems more reasonable
first lag-out is always unexpected
second lag-out, you've had a chance to fix your lag
third lag-out, you tried fixing, its not working, stay out of game...
By Monty Python
b_l wrote:unplugging should be a game suspension, imo..

5 seems a lot.

3 and out seems more reasonable
first lag-out is always unexpected
second lag-out, you've had a chance to fix your lag
third lag-out, you tried fixing, its not working, stay out of game...
true, but sometimes things are just weird and we dont risk anything by allowing 5..
By Whale
No. You risk lag artists a using this and having a redonkulous amount of lag outs. Seriously 3 is more than enough. I've read the excuses for having more and they are laughable. Are we still on 56k modems or something? 5 is and always will be excessive
By EEL
Not sure if lv has made a final decision but how about 3 lag outs per hour.
By lv
Whale wrote:No. You risk lag artists a using this and having a redonkulous amount of lag outs. Seriously 3 is more than enough. I've read the excuses for having more and they are laughable. Are we still on 56k modems or something? 5 is and always will be excessive
I do have to say that with the Hopone backbone most ISPs use, it causes us a lot of nasty ploss... so yeah, maybe this is 1995 all over again... I have made up my mind so the refs have a clear guideline to follow, and I will also post it in the rules.

5 lag outs per game. On the fifth lag out, you will remain in spec for the duration of the game. It is up the the team leader to replace the lagged person.

It is rule 5.10
By dreownsu
i got random spikes today in game, so thank god it was 5 lol. pre sure i wasnt trying to force since i was mfr and we lost home when i lagged out
By lv
dreownsu wrote:i got random spikes today in game, so thank god it was 5 lol. pre sure i wasnt trying to force since i was mfr and we lost home when i lagged out
lol mfr and all those lag outs.. and you still won. gg
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!