Comprehensive EGBDL 2013 Review

Moderator: Cyp

stewie
Level 3

Comprehensive EGBDL 2013 Review

Post by stewie » February 24th, 2013, 7:53 pm

Well since my reign of GM is over and i'll no longer be able to see any matches, I thought i'd make one of these for fun and give my opinions on how the league went, as well as review my draft and other squads.

1 - League Staff
1.1 - Cyp
1.2 - s_fcdb
1.3 - Unlimited

2 - Squads
2.1 - Abusement Park
2.2 - Eeluminati
2.3 - Art
2.4 - Bada$$
2.5 - Deserve
2.6 - Leegit
2.7 - Sex Offenders

3 - Whoremoans
3.1 - Original Draft Player Reviews
3.2 - Trade/Free Agent Player Reviews

The League Staff

1.1 - Without Cyp, this league wouldnt've happened. She dedicated countless hours to this league. She laid the groundwork for the entire league, set all the dates, got 8 people to GM, made the schedule, and appointed staff designated positions. For this everyone should be forever in thanks to her. As far as the quality of her work, she ran it fairly well with a few mistakes here and there. One huge mistake was simply reversing the free agent draft twice in a row. Another was setting EGL on Sunday and EGBDL on Saturday because of her own biased views and her wanting more people to care about EGL. With this being said, she wasn't a bad league coordinator at all. Any first timer is going to make a few mistakes here and there. She should definitely look into running the next league.

1.2 - Soren...well.. everyone knows how he is. His attitude isn't the best for a sysop, and when asked perfectly reasonable and logical questions in the league chat, he resorts to saying stuff like "suck it", or "stfu". He promised Cyp automated league bots 2-3 months before the actual league had begun (which was why it was delayed so long), but in the end simply said just to use refs. He also contributed to the downfall of Deserve, where he unfairly kicked Wildbird from zone and ref (where he then continued to ragequit league and GM) after Cyp had appointed him to backup ref. Soren then blamed this on Cyp, saying that she should have announced it in league chat or said something. I found this absolutely hilarious since Cyp had been in-game playing at the time, and soren still chose to blame it on her and said that nothing was his fault. As far as his overall contributions to league, his impact was positive mainly because he updated the league standings almost every night, which anyone else would've been too lazy to do.

1.3 - Unlimited was unfairly appointed head ref on short notice a few days before league started due to s_fcdb claiming that he couldn't make the bots work and refused to accept help from TW. He performed fairly well on such short notice, training refs in a very short period of time. One thing that he didn't do right is appoint enough refs (but who could appoint 40+ refs on such short notice).

The Squads

2.1 - Abusement Park had a very successful run in main season, partly due to Acid Rain getting a lucky first pick in the drafts. Acid Rain made very smart picks, with the exception of drafting Termi in the second round. The backbone of Abusement Park was BOMBED. Since BOMBED was without a job during the entirety of the league, he was able to play 95% of matches and usually ended up placing the team on his back. With BOMBED being able to play every match and being a beast in both EGBDL and EGL, they ended up ranking #1 in both EGBDL and EGL. For EGL, I doubt they stand a chance against Leegit, and it showed in a previous Sunday match when their two best EGL lineups went up against each other and they ended up losing 32-12. After this, Acid Rain started begging me to trade him bon (lol), and then after me saying no, he reluctantly accepted that they were simply not going to win EGL. I predict them making it to EGBDL finals and EGL finals. Unfortunately for this squad, they ended up having a middle pick in the free agent drafts, which meant that even after the order had been reversed they would still only get a 3rd or 4th pick. Their top lineup - GOLFER (anchor), Hoontar, BOMBED, Acid Rain will be a tough one to beat and will most likely make it to EGBDL finals.

2.2 - Eel made a mistake in his draft, going for the "big name" players, rather than the active decent players who you can rely on to show up to a Sunday game. I got heavily shit on for picking viceRate over Nao, and consequently letting eel have him, which in turn backfired on eel since Nao has only showed to 1 scheduled match. Another example of this is eel picking bugs and romeo, who haven't helped him at all ever since league started. His first pick, trance, has definitely carried him through this league and hopefully (for his sake) will keep showing up to Sunday matches. Their best lineup - Clutch (anchor), trance, Renowned, delete will be of moderate difficulty to beat and will most likely make it to EGBDL semifinals and EGL finals.

2.3 - Resistant probably had the worst draft of the league with the exception of oxymaster. Besides his first pick (pao), Resistant chose players that were mainly his friend and that in turn caused him to rank dead last for playoffs - 6th. As soon as Resistant picked H0ST for 2nd round and art of war for 4th round, it became glaringly obvious that he had no idea what he was doing. One of their key players, muGGy, also decided to boycott playing for half the league over an EGL dispute. Despite only matching whenever they had very good players on, they still ended up doing poorly in league due to bad organization and lots of ragers. One of their key players, muGGy, also decided to boycott playing for half the league over an EGL dispute. This left several 8th picks and below of Art's draft permanently benched, which must have sucked for them. One of the worst mistakes Resistant made was picking Dbz over King in a free agent draft -which according to Resistant was Cyp's doing-. Several times I got pm's from various Art members asking me to trade for them, which goes to show that this squad was simply playing their best and only their best. However, near the end of the league they seemed to have pulled their act together and gained some chemistry. With Resistant leaving the league (which I believe was for the better due to him making no significant impact on their squad and choosing bad lineups), this squad will have a chance to redeem themselves, as they barely slid their cock into bada$$'s vagina taking the 6th league standings spot away from them just today. Their best lineup - Cyp (anchor), pao, Dbz, muGGy will definitely be a challenge since they have gained chemistry and will most likely make it to EGBDL semifinals and EGL semifinals.

2.4 - Honest to god I feel bad for black. He was left with the crappiest draft squad in the history of the universe. However, he managed to pull off some good trades and get 2 key players like aristocracy and Kuppaaja. However, black matched whenever he had 4, which led to the downfall of their squad. They were able to win some scheduled matches, but lost all the elo after losing several times in a row in weekday matches. The monumental match that decided who made playoffs (Art or Bada$$) just ended and Art managed to slide up past bada$$ into the playoff spot. This was probably due to Kuppaaja not being able to make the match for whatever reason. If black had a stable and better second pick than dopie (which oxymaster drafted for him), i'm sure this squad would be ranking near the top, because as of right now they are lacking a 3rd strong link next to aristocracy and Kuppaaja, and unless they can convince some squad to let them have a few free unscheduled match wins by midnight tonight, they are done for.

2.5 - TheCript actually started out with a very good draft with 1st and 2nd round picks being Kuppaaja and aristocracy, then fell short making dumb 3rd 4th and 5th picks. Many of the players he picked were inactive (maybe he was too dumb to realize this or use the ?find command). This squad ended up falling short simply due to inactivity and lack of matches. After Deserve lost their first rated match, TheCript ended up ragequitting the squad and league. Wildbird took over and their 3rd week, didn't have enough players show up. The breaking point of this squad IMO was when TheCript squad kicked Wildbird so the whole squadname had to be changed. This squad dissolved after Wildbird rage quitted GM after unfairly losing ref powers due to s_f's stupidity.

2.6 - Leegit started out as an EGL only squad with the exception basedueler picks being OCB and Ioth. They did fairly well in the baseduel league and went flawless in the EGL league. The reason for their success in the EGBDL league was 100% due to free agent drafts. Amph was able to pick up a few good players such as zig, konii, and phildog. However, if these players do not show up to playoffs, they are done for because of a lack of decent base dueler fill-ins. Unfortunately this squad was extremely inactive during main season only playing Sunday matches. Hopefully konii/zig/ioth/phildog have built up enough chemistry from only playing Sunday matches to be an important threat to whichever squad is facing them in playoffs. This team will most likely win EGL due to their overpowered lineup.

2.7 - Sex Offenders has had several ups and downs during this league. At the beginning, they were shit since Bacon was last seen 10 days ago making their first pick player useless. The rest of the draft wasn't the best due to Coach picking players based on whom he solely liked. However, due to the bullshit free agent system, once Bacon came back and Coach got a few first free agent picks, they were overpowered with key players like Emma Watson (Ursa) and COMBO.
After losing 3 Sunday matches in a row, things aren't looking good for them. Having by far the best baseduel lineup in the game, it is surprising that they had turned out with so many losses. But hopefully they will get their act together and build some chemistry by playoffs time. Their best lineup - COMBO (anchor), Bacon, Emma Watson, luige will be extremely hard to overcome IF and only if they get some chemistry.

Whoremoans

3.1 - Player Reviews

1. Taught was instrumental in making Whoremoans one of the top EGBDL squads. Placing the team on his back every game played, this guy played like a 9 vp 95% of matches. Whenever taught is in, I can always rely on a few points being gained due to anchor snipes. After forcing him to play in an EGL match when we didn't have 4 available, I learned he could also EGL surprisingly well for never having EGL'ed before. According to other people, I got extremely lucky that taught is actually showing to matches this league.

2. viceRate having disappeared going off to join the Navy made my 2nd pick unbelievably crappy. I would've gotten a decent trade for him had eel not spammed the league chat that vice was joining the navy :evil: . However, the few games that viceRate managed to play he played extremely well and like an 8 vp. It is truly a shame that viceRate had to end up leaving, because the lineup taught/vice/king would've been incredible.

3. Unlimited was a fairly decent 3rd pick, playing like a 7 vp when he was warmed up. One of the main reasons I picked Unlimited was because of how active he was, and I knew I could always rely on him to be down to match. He also impressed me with his EGL'ing skills, performing extremely well against good players. One of the downsides of picking a ref is that they are required to ref when requested, and consequently we missed out on playing a few matches because of Unlimited having to ref something else.

4. Taunt simply wasn't the best 4th pick of mine. This wasn't because of how well he played, or how active he was. It was simply because he lagged almost 3/4 of league and couldn't play. However, when he is able to play he anchors extremely well and NEVER chokes, and rushes decently as well when he needs to. This guy would be a good 4th pick if he could get his internet to work!

5. Oozie was a bad 5th pick for me because he ended up going afk most of the league. In the one match that he did play he played decent.

6. S#aft was an incredibly good 6th pick for me because this guy is worth a 2nd or 3rd pick. After seeing him unpicked after 5 rounds, I snatched him up. Unfortunately, he was a good 6th pick for me because of the players that I got for him (Monty Python and establishment), rather than the skill level that he played at. Within a couple of weeks, he started acting like a major douche refusing to play for me. When I asked him why he simply responded "trade me", with no explanation. With some further prying I managed to extract that he thought Whoremoans was auto lose and wouldn't make EGBDL playoffs. After he left the squad and chat, I knew it was over and decided to just keep him and not give him the satisfaction of being traded to either eeluminati or Abusement Park (the two squads he wanted to be traded to . I tried to trade him to Leegit, but Amph wouldn't take him. Then Unlimited convinced me to put my personal ego aside and just trade him to Abusement Park for Monty Python, which I did.

7. moggy was a good 7th pick, as he showed to all Sunday games (even the one after his wedding night), and played fairly well whenever we needed a fill-in. One thing I like about moggy is his never-ending emphasis on aggression, and pushing forwards. He also proved himself in EGL this main season being able to hold his own.

8. Mat was probably one of my best picks of this draft, simply because of how much people underrated him letting go unpicked until the 8th round. Being able to anchor extremely well, Mat chokes once in a million and kills a fair amount, which was just what I needed. This guy is on his way to becoming a top bd anchor on the level of pao and GOLFER. He can also rush well with lag when needed.

9. Glyde was alright. He ended up being super inactive during weekdays then showing up to Sunday games only to be benched :(. I wish he had been more active during the week as it broke my heart to bench him countless times.

10. Eniluza (Azuline) ended up going inactive after like 2 weeks of league lol.

11. Smoking Baby - This guy is sort of on the same lines of glyde. Extremely loyal + showing to every Sunday game but simply not having the skill level to be on starting lineup so forced to bench every match he shows up to. Inactive during week.

12. Ace Joker was a cool guy on chat, and he told me from beginning that he didn't really want to play any matches and is an exclusive pub only player. I kept him on anyways :).

This is amazing, only 12 of my original draft picks remain. The rest were dropped/traded LOL. Moving on to free agent/trade picks.

- King - Not much I can say about King. Plays with taught extremely well and usually carries with him. Also carries in EGL with bon.

- Monty Python - Monty Python ended up being traded to me the last weeks of the league, and plays great. Probably in starting lineup.

- Poem ZX - Traded Brandon for him, which was a great trade. Plays like an 8 vp when he's motivated. Also plays good with taught.

- Femme Fatale - Great lag, great push, great aggressiveness. Don't think I've ever lost a match with Femme in.

- Mercede$ - Usually anchors extremely well, with having a bad game every now and then.

- Tryo - Anchored decently in the 1 game that he played for me.

- Establishment - Unfortunately has not played a game for me yet, but I know this guy can anchor on a top level for a fact.

- bon - Hands down one of the best EGL'ers in this league, on the same level as Illiryon and MWarrior. Him/king/majin will carry EGL for sure.

- zeebu - Great guy to have on chat, very funny. Doesn't mind riding the bench :P.

- analogy - Rough bumpy start with him, but patched things up and now fill him in in matches where I need a stable rusher.

Whoremoans Best EGBDL Lineup
Taunt (anchor), taught, King, Monty Python

Whoremoans Best EGL Lineup
bon, King, Majin, Unlimited (anti)

Hope it was a good read. I think every GM should do one of these. As you can see I got sort of lazy towards the end :lol:

PAT
Level 7

Re: Comprehensive EGBDL 2013 Review

Post by PAT » February 24th, 2013, 11:56 pm

Lot of information was wrong. Some quick ones I remember were that you had 3 teams making egl finals and you said you had 12 of your original picks remaining. It was actually 11. lol. but i guess a decent read. i might make a short one next weekend.
Ominous> i might spec help
Ominous> haven't decided yet
Ominous> i may have more g matters to attend to
BOMBED> you'll prolly fuck that up
BOMBED> just go afk or something
1:eel> ray j's dick was fucking eneourmous
1:qs> man i havent had female interaction in about a year

Cyp
Level 3

Post by Cyp » February 25th, 2013, 12:31 am

PAT wrote:Lot of information was wrong.

stewie
Level 3

Post by stewie » February 25th, 2013, 1:32 am

yeah i messed up on s#aft thing. what else was wrong?

poemZX_
Level 6

Post by poemZX_ » February 25th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Lmfao, got really lazy at the end there.
I dont quit on you. You dont quit on me. We're a team.

Muggy
Level 2

Post by Muggy » February 25th, 2013, 2:15 pm

Wrong information. My "boycott" lasted for one day only (Cyp convinced me to stick with it) the reason you probably see me in spec while a match is going on is due to my PL being between 15-20. Its an ISP issues currently that is out of my hands which they're working on.

And the dispute was over 2 BDs and 2 EGL matches.

Thanks o/

p.s you mention the boycott twice which doesn't make sense ><

Muggy
Level 2

Post by Muggy » February 25th, 2013, 2:26 pm

2.3 - Resistant probably had the worst draft of the league with the exception of oxymaster. Besides his first pick (pao), Resistant chose players that were mainly his friend and that in turn caused him to rank dead last for playoffs - 6th. As soon as Resistant picked H0ST for 2nd round and art of war for 4th round, it became glaringly obvious that he had no idea what he was doing. One of their key players, muGGy, also decided to boycott playing for half the league over an EGL dispute. Despite only matching whenever they had very good players on, they still ended up doing poorly in league due to bad organization and lots of ragers. One of their key players, muGGy, also decided to boycott playing for half the league over an EGL dispute. This left several 8th picks and below of Art's draft permanently benched, which must have sucked for them. One of the worst mistakes Resistant made was picking Dbz over King in a free agent draft -which according to Resistant was Cyp's doing-. Several times I got pm's from various Art members asking me to trade for them, which goes to show that this squad was simply playing their best and only their best. However, near the end of the league they seemed to have pulled their act together and gained some chemistry. With Resistant leaving the league (which I believe was for the better due to him making no significant impact on their squad and choosing bad lineups), this squad will have a chance to redeem themselves, as they barely slid their cock into bada$$'s vagina taking the 6th league standings spot away from them just today. Their best lineup - Cyp (anchor), pao, Dbz, muGGy will definitely be a challenge since they have gained chemistry and will most likely make it to EGBDL semifinals and EGL semifinals.

Actually after reading that I realised nearly all of it is incorrect. any 8th and below picks were inactive (try ?find) and we played alot of different people (whoever was active), just probably 50% of our matches were vs abuse or eelumin rather than whoremoans

If I put it into % i think it would go 50% abuse, 20% whore 20% badass 10% sunday random matchs

stewie
Level 3

Post by stewie » February 25th, 2013, 3:42 pm

Well you hardly played at all most of the league so how was I supposed to know you weren't boycotting still? And yes Art played the least matches with the exception of Leegit and when you look at the lineup being played it is very seldom that a player picked below 8th or 9th round was playing. I find it incredible that Art managed to still do so bad after only playing their best.

Cyp
Level 3

Post by Cyp » February 26th, 2013, 2:24 pm

Art suffered through a lot of sht simply because I was on the team. It didn't matter what team I was on I think the whole squad would have been treated poorly by other gms and other people trying to "help" with the league. I say "help" because the only time people wanted to step up and say they tryna help was when it was in their own benefit, but I expect nothing less from scumbags. I would personally never work with any of these people again except Amph.
Amph is the only person who even deserves recognition for handling his own shit and not crying like a responsible gm would.
Anyways we all had to rush this because people wanted a league. From the very start this whole thing got messed up the minute I had to get bases and refs etc. I made a mistake in reversing draft. I'm not blaming anyone for that but myself I was told wrong information and I should have looked it up myself. I guess that's what I get for trusting anyone to give me proper information. I can't even begin to tell you how many people I caught trying to lie and cheat in this league it's pretty pathetic.
I really don't give a fck who runs the next league. Now you know why people quit rofl.

Acid Rain - Turned schizo when he asked me to change his games because "ALL HIS GAME WERE AT 3-4" after the dissolve of Deserve (cherry poppers). I found this to be fair that all his games shouldn't have to be in one time slot.

eel - has to have input on everything even sht that doesn't concern him and will say one thing then completely contradict himself in the next sentence to jump on the bandwagon of complaints.

Resistant - I know this was my gm and I think his inexperience got the best of him. People constantly ran over him and it made him really pissy and difficult to work with. Dissolved his squad near end season when it was most crucial for us.

Stewie - consistent liar, abused ref powers and harrassed other gms while in their games while reffing (at least as far as I heard). Spammed me constantly couldnt even look at who else msged me half the time (and this is still happening through msgs). Even tried to say he was going to blackmail me to make me do what he wants rofl.

Black - I feel bad he has to take over or w/e but he did nothing for me except lie and try and tell me what to do and even went behind my back as if he was taking over to get his way.

Coach sandusky - actually wasn't that bad I don't know if he was actually trying to look out for his best interests but then again kept trying to bend rules.

stewie
Level 3

Post by stewie » February 26th, 2013, 4:27 pm

Oh has this turned into the "Trashing GM's that I myself chose" thread? Were you not the one who picked these GM's? And now you're being a bitch because you managed to slide back down into 7th place and realized it's over for you?

What league coordinator does this? Yes I "blackmailed" you, as a joke, and I "spammed you" by macroing your name 3-4 times to wake you up if I needed a ref.

Get your head out of your asshole and look at the reality. YOU picked these GM's. You start talking shit about other GM's once you realized how much of a shit coordinator YOU yourself were.

Just do us all a favor already, and shut the fck up.

Yours Truly
Stewie

Karth
Level 4

Post by Karth » February 26th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Last edited by Karth on February 26th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fate*
Level 3

Post by fate* » February 26th, 2013, 10:32 pm

Only thing I've learned from this post: you guys all jealous of me cuz i give the least shits yet win the most. Hohoho
ImageImage

stewie
Level 3

Post by stewie » February 27th, 2013, 4:22 pm

Cyp, you done trying to get me netbanned? Or are you going to keep lying to Ratio about me spamming you on different aliases? Lmao. Post these supposed "logs" or "screenies" of me harass spamming you on multiple aliases. I'd like to see them.

Unlimited
Level 4

Post by Unlimited » February 27th, 2013, 4:28 pm

:neutral:
Colonel Lag> 275 consecutive kills? I'm lucky to get 2 consecutive kills!

AH dealer
Level 4

Post by AH dealer » February 28th, 2013, 7:49 am

Yo I'm super active.
Nao

Cyp
Level 3

Post by Cyp » February 28th, 2013, 3:54 pm

Was just a review stewie settle down lol.

stewie
Level 3

Post by stewie » February 28th, 2013, 6:54 pm

I want to know why you're lying to Ratio repeatedly telling him I'm spam harassing you on aliases.

Cyp
Level 3

Post by Cyp » March 1st, 2013, 2:39 pm

I haven't even spoken to ratio you dummy.

Return to “EGBDL / EGEDL 2013”