SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Find the most recent news and updates for the Extreme Games zone here!
By RaeRae
Copying and Pasting from TW email:
The date is set and our finger is on the button. The long-awaited Steam round is finally here.

On March 16th we will proceed with our Steam round. It will last for a full month and give the game some much deserved exposure to Steam users.

Re-live the magic. This is the time to come back and see old friends.
So what does this mean for EG? Well, expect a defibrillation for the zone a bit. It won't be as big of an impact as the launch, however, this round is more targeted towards people likely to play the game. Obviously, we want to keep the players here and will try to revive the zone a little bit with events and prizes. We want you guys, the OGs, to come back and help out if you can, answer questions and try not to be too toxic.

If anyone has questions or realistic suggestions, post them here.

Thanks!
By RaeRae
Baptism wrote:
March 6th, 2018, 1:26 pm
What was updated that warrants a relaunch? Just curious.
I guess it's not so much a relaunch as a visibility launch. I'll change the name on here. But this was taken from TW forums

WHAT THIS MEANS

People who have previously installed, as well as those who are interested in similar games will see Subspace Continuum in various places in Steam: their recommended list, discovery queue, and so on. It will not appear on the front page or receive a guaranteed 500,000 impressions (views) like the Launch did. (We no longer have access to a "relaunch," as Steam changed how it works over the last 9 months or so.) But we should see a noticeable bump in new players for a total of 30 days. What we do with that will determine how effective is this first of 5 visibility rounds.

HOW THIS WILL BE DIFFERENT THAN THE LAUNCH

We'll get far fewer players from this Visibility Round than the Launch. But a Visibility Round is much more specifically targeted at people who will enjoy our game. Also, many of the problems we had for a year and a half after the launch have been fixed -- including being unable to change resolution & being stuck at very low res if it was that computer's first install of Continuum (!), a lack of tutorials linked to the installer, no baked-in key config that would work on laptops, having to download huge zone files before entering, etc. This means our retention rate should be significantly higher -- a bigger % of new players will stick around.
By EEL
EG should change pub map to Baseduel

Let's be realistic, if we get people back they won't stick around for pub. If new players do join EG it won't be public games that will keep them around.
By RaeRae
pocho wrote:
March 11th, 2018, 12:03 pm
change pub for bd, i would maybe comeback if this happens.

im sure i have been repeating it for like 2 years
What do you mean change pub for bd? like make pub bd only?
By pocho
RaeRae wrote:
March 11th, 2018, 4:51 pm
pocho wrote:

make baseduel arena the main EG arena, delete pub.
By TheCript
pocho wrote:
March 11th, 2018, 7:41 pm
RaeRae wrote:
March 11th, 2018, 4:51 pm
pocho wrote:

make baseduel arena the main EG arena, delete pub.
raerae, what people basically mean by changing pub to bd is the old bd arena center area...

then people can get in and 'fray' in center and have a bd feeling... ofcourse some tweaking has to be done to make it also suitable for newbs that like to just run, but we want a bd ish center
By RaeRae
It's a possibility, will have to talk to fc since that'll require a little dev work to change it around. But I'm not against it personally. However it won't be in time for this launch which blows.
By TheCript
RaeRae wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 2:39 pm
It's a possibility, will have to talk to fc since that'll require a little dev work to change it around. But I'm not against it personally. However it won't be in time for this launch which blows.
this steam thingy is blown out of proportion anyway, especially for eg (tw might benefit a liiittle)..

however a bd arena like center area in pub with perhaps a small addition for pubnewbs to fray and a small addition with a tiny base(immediately or almost immediately accessable from centersafe) would make bders/flaggers happy to get in and play against 1 or 2 other players... these moments when theres only 2, or 3 players in are crucial for bders to show up and see potential in a bd to start and actually play too...

thats probably the cause for the huge decrease in activity, coz those few players that are willing to grind those 10s of minutes in game spamming ppl to start bding arent doing it anymore(making others to not try at all either)
By ACE.
Come and Gone, No one will stick around when you log in on a sunday at 12pm and there is 10 players in spec and no one speaking, changing anything at this point is to late, the only hope EG has is to pull the players it had from TW but thats taboo. the only reason TW does so much better is there is always a game going or chats and smack talk, which draws you in, I HATE TW but find myself switching more and more just to chat what the hell have we done to EG.......

ACE
By X7
Hi

Please review this post First.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=33531

Until that is resolved I think EG or any other zone for that matter is in trouble.

By way of a suggestion. I would Dump BD completely and revert to some classic EG-Maps to get the ball rolling. One could argue over BD there are some pluses for it, but if you look at other zones such as TW. That has not changed over time and they still have players. IMHO the game play on EG is probably the best of any zone when it comes to play. Change for change sake sometimes is not a good option. EG changed to the model of BD many years ago and honestly it sucks.

While I don't know who the mod is for EG - Does one even exist anymore ?, I would be glad to help out, but as I indicated above until the physical zone IP
scheme is fixed your basically wasting your time putting energy in to this.

X7
Guess I’m going to have to get a computer again and start playing some pub :)
The Future of EG

8) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AUXpnB065o

Hi

Why not just host a ete/duel league!

TWDT Season 18

I’ll check it out when I get my computer hoo[…]

Ways to attract Vets back???

Need them more then ever now!!

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!